shape
carat
color
clarity

Well, I’ve had the vaccine, anyone else?

oakleaf

Shiny_Rock
I got my second dose of the Pfizer vaccine this morning. My only side effect so far is a sore arm.

I am now 2 weeks out from my second dose. My arm was pretty sore all day, and I woke up at 4:30 the next morning drenched in sweat. Other than that, no side effects for me. I am in my early 40’s.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Poor lady
In the future i wonder if people who for valid medical reasons like your aunt who only got the one doze if they will give her a different type of vacine to make sure she is covered

I wonder the same thing. I think it is too early to tell.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Ugh I am sorry to read this. Do they believe then that she would have this reaction to the Pfizer as well? So now her only recourse is not to get any Covid vaccine at all? :(

Maybe down the road there will be other vaccines she can tolerate better. I hear there are many they are working on at the moment.

I don't know, Missy. but since I've only seen this reaction documented with the Moderna vaccine makes me wonder if she could get the Pfizer, or one of the ones they are still working on.
On another note my 97 year old mother got her second shot of the Pfizer this morning. I hope she does well with it!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know, Missy. but since I've only seen this reaction documented with the Moderna vaccine makes me wonder if she could get the Pfizer, or one of the ones they are still working on.
On another note my 97 year old mother got her second shot of the Pfizer this morning. I hope she does well with it!!

There’s single dose vaccines in the pipeline iirc. So eventually hopefully everyone who wants to can safely get the vaccine. Hoping your mom does well with the second vaccine. :pray:

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My MIL (almost 73) got her first dose of COVID vaccine last night. She got an email at 6:30pm to schedule the appt and ended up getting her vaccine at 11pm.

She got it at 11pm? Wow! I would also do that but that’s so late!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
There’s single dose vaccines in the pipeline iirc. So eventually hopefully everyone who wants to can safely get the vaccine. Hoping your mom does well with the second vaccine. :pray:

Yes, and with different technology so if my aunt doesn't get the second dose of the Moderna she will probably be able to get one of the others
And, thanks, for the well wishes for my Mom. We have been very concerned about her due to her age, so I really hope things go well.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got unblinded this morning. officially I got the placebo, so, got the first shot today.

I'll still be taking part in the study.

they are still signing people up to the study so FYI. You will get the real vaccine of course, but you now know this for sure. They need enough people to track over the course of 2 years.

Also they are signing up (moderna) for children's study.

The shot didn't hurt, felt like the other shots I got during this study....lol

m-cubed

Shiny_Rock
Ugh I am sorry to read this. Do they believe then that she would have this reaction to the Pfizer as well? So now her only recourse is not to get any Covid vaccine at all? :(

Maybe down the road there will be other vaccines she can tolerate better. I hear there are many they are working on at the moment.

The good news is that one dose does confer some protection, though it’s not clear for how long. There are a number of vaccines with quite a few different technologies under development, but I don’t know that we have much info yet on whether someone who reacts poorly to one type will have better luck with a different type.

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I FINALLY was able to schedule myself for the 1st dose of the vaccine! After days/weeks of constantly refreshing the website, calling pharmacies about cancellations, and an infuriating SNAFU in which I got my tetanus booster without realizing it would mean no COVID vaccine for 14 days, I am scheduled for 2/2!

This is not being communicated in my county in IL, either. My mom got the shingles vaccine earlier this month. She will be in the clear by the time her covid vaccine appointment happens (not scheduled), but I’m sure others will be affected by this!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
I thought I would report about my 97 year old Mom and her second dose of the Pfizer vaccine as I know some others may be wondering about the vaccine and their elderly parents. She did really well. No fever the day after, just a slight upset stomach, very dry mouth and eyes, a headache, and of course a sore arm. She got the vaccine this past Tuesday. She is not in a nursing home, but lives in a house by herself. Both my sister and I have houses a few doors down from her as she doesn't drive now, but she's a very "young" and alert 97 if that makes sense. Most people are shocked when they hear her age as she could easily pass for someone in their late 70s. I will report if she has any delayed reactions.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH had his 2nd Pfizer vaccine on Monday. First dose he had 2 hrs of what he described at fuzzy headedness 18 hrs after vaccine. Second dose he had an hour of temperature fluctuations the following day.

My age group is due to start receiving vaccinations beginning Feb. 28 depending on whether we have any vaccine supply left. Our governor chose to divert vaccines to teachers before elders.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m now 2 weeks out from the vaccine and the lymph node has gone from quarter to dime size. Only on the left vaccine side.

HollyJane

Shiny_Rock
I've mentioned before on this thread that I got the 1st dose of the vaccine in December. I got the 2nd dose in January. Now, before anyone starts getting salty that the vaccine was made available to me so early...I am a Healthcare worker in a Healthcare facility. There was no time off from work for me, no work from home option, none of that during this covid-crap.

Well, the 2nd dose of the vaccine went pretty rough for me - about a day and a half of feeling like I had the worst case of flu ever and arm so sore I couldn't lift it or lay down on it. Problems regulating my body temperature lasted a lot longer.

I'm in the USA.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, the 2nd dose of the vaccine went pretty rough for me - about a day and a half of feeling like I had the worst case of flu ever and arm so sore I couldn't lift it or lay down on it. Problems regulating my body temperature lasted a lot longer.

I'm in the USA.
My Dr. friend said the same thing happened to him. He is crying like baby and resting at home after his 2nd shot.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've mentioned before on this thread that I got the 1st dose of the vaccine in December. I got the 2nd dose in January. Now, before anyone starts getting salty that the vaccine was made available to me so early...I am a Healthcare worker in a Healthcare facility. There was no time off from work for me, no work from home option, none of that during this covid-crap.

I'm in the USA.

Im glad you got the vacine Holly.
My freind's wife in New Orleans is a nurse and her work all had the same sort of experience as you with the 2nd dose

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock

I'm in the USA.
@HollyJane Glad you’re able to be fully vaccinated! Which vaccine did you have? Curious because my DH is in a vulnerable group and I hope he gets a choice of which vaccine when it’s time.

HollyJane

Shiny_Rock
@HollyJane Glad you’re able to be fully vaccinated! Which vaccine did you have? Curious because my DH is in a vulnerable group and I hope he gets a choice of which vaccine when it’s time.

For privacy reasons I won't say which one I got, nor did I say which days I got it - just the months. But, I will say I got either the Pfizer or the Moderna, and I would have been happy to get either.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, @HollyJane I totally understand your wish for privacy. I've been following along and reading about the effects of the second shots in the media, hence my interest.

I understand there is a single shot vaccine on the horizon which I haven't researched yet, but am interested to do so.

Best wishes!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Getting my first dose tomorrow (hopefully!) I've heard about some nonsense in my county in California where people who are eligible due to employment categories have been turned away because they don't have sufficient "proof" that their work can't be from home.....which makes no sense because the entire point of vaccinating teachers, etc, is to allow infrastructure to get back to normal (e.g. schools to reopen). So fingers crossed that I won't run into the same problem. It's nuts that everything is so disorganized that even people who are eligible due to category of employment are randomly getting turned away some places but not others (e.g. when I made my appt and called to confirm the person said I wouldn't need any kind of proof).

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm in the USA.

No salt here, I'm glad you were able to get it! Lots of people reported that the 2nd shot was way rougher than the first. its something that also tipped me off that I must have gotten placebo.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
My SiL came down with COVID a week and a half ago.she is doing okay...very sick but "mild". BiL had his 1st shot 4 weeks and so far has been illness free. He is taking care of their child.

Also SiL has tested neg several times but they are sure she has it due to an office break out with 15 coworkers down and the virility of her illness and symptoms. The Dr. told her O blood types sometimes test negative. They will check for COVID antibodies this week.

Last edited:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our friends were vaccinated yesterday evening (UK). He had his appt as he’s 70, but my friend went with him. She asked if it was possible for her to have it too, and was initially told no, until she told the Dr that her husband has Addison, an AI disease, so they vaccinated her too.

elizat

Ideal_Rock

I'm in the USA.

Friends with a local HC worker at a hospital. Her second dose was much like this. She ended up having to take the entire week off. She felt well again about 7 days post vaccine.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Friends with a local HC worker at a hospital. Her second dose was much like this. She ended up having to take the entire week off. She felt well again about 7 days post vaccine.

I guess in normal times side effects like this would push back a vacine's release to the public

A week of being sick is still preferable to the alternative

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
DH gets his first shot tomorrow. Yay! Hoping booking the second one goes well as there have been problems with the timing of the second dose. The.y added more 2nd dose slots today so keeping fingers crossed all goes well. Will be so happy when I can get mine but think it might be awhile.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thankfully got the 1st dose today without any issues (except for the 1 hr 40 min wait past my apt time). Omfg my arm is SO SORE! but no other side effects so far. Very grateful to be in one of the first tiers.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thankfully got the 1st dose today without any issues (except for the 1 hr 40 min wait past my apt time). Omfg my arm is SO SORE! but no other side effects so far. Very grateful to be in one of the first tiers.

Tuff it out lovedogs

Hope your arm is less sore soon

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
DH got his first shot! Getting second appointment a problem within the recommended time frame. We are 7 weeks out. We were told to cancel and go in several times a day to
get something sooner as they are adding appointment times. There has to be a better way. Waited on the phone for almost 2 hours to speak with someone. I know they are doing the best they can but feel there needs to be a more coordinated process as many will give up long before they get a date.
At least thankful DH got shot number one!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results