shape
carat
color
clarity

Well, I’ve had the vaccine, anyone else?

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
I read about the death of a 56 year old ob/gyn who has no pre existing conditions. But still being investigated. It’s tragic. His wife wrote about it. They have young children. :(

Was that the doctor in florida who ended up with a bleeding disorder? or is this another one?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy- I don't think they can enforce that. I have heard of lots of people flocking to Florida from other states and even some Canadians!! I have also heard of some people coming to the state I live in from out of state, too. Maybe the process New York has in place they are screening out people from other states, but that would not prevent New Yorkers from going to other states to get a vaccine- at least not right now.

Thanks. NJ and NY both have guidelines keeping it to residents or people working in the state. I don’t know if they are enforcing it. I will say it a bit unfair that people are flying to different countries for the vaccine.

Not to sound like a Pollyanna but I’m ok with waiting for those who are more vulnerable. I would love to get my parents the vaccine. Dad’s going to be 87 in April. But there’s just not enough supply at this time.

We can’t mention politics but I’m hoping that the new people in office will be able to obtain more doses so everyone who wants to get vaccinated can get the vaccines.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Was that the doctor in florida who ended up with a bleeding disorder? or is this another one?

He developed Petechiae of his feet and hands iirc. Read about it last month.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Thanks. NJ and NY both have guidelines keeping it to residents or people working in the state. I don’t know if they are enforcing it. I will say it a bit unfair that people are flying to different countries for the vaccine.

Not to sound like a Pollyanna but I’m ok with waiting for those who are more vulnerable. I would love to get my parents the vaccine. Dad’s going to be 87 in April. But there’s just not enough supply at this time.

We can’t mention politics but I’m hoping that the new people in office will be able to obtain more doses so everyone who wants to get vaccinated can get the vaccines.

I agree that other countries should not be allowed to get the vaccine here- very unfair! Not sure how I feel about other states. On the one hand it seems unfair, but on the other hand everyone needs to get vaccinated.

My Mom is 97 and got the first dose of Pfizer about 10 days ago. We wanted to make sure she got it as early as possible. After just losing my MIL who was 96 to Covid on Christmas Eve we have been very concerned about my Mom. My MIL was basically very healthy (still driving!!), but covid took her life in just 2 weeks- we are still in disbelief. I really hope you can get your Dad vaccinated soon!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree that other countries should not be allowed to get the vaccine here- very unfair! Not sure how I feel about other states. On the one hand it seems unfair, but on the other hand everyone needs to get vaccinated.

My Mom is 97 and got the first dose of Pfizer about 10 days ago. We wanted to make sure she got it as early as possible. After just losing my MIL who was 96 to Covid on Christmas Eve we have been very concerned about my Mom. My MIL was basically very healthy (still driving!!), but covid took her life in just 2 weeks- we are still in disbelief. I really hope you can get your Dad vaccinated soon!

I am so so sorry about your MIL. :(

This is one scary illness and I think everyone who can get vaccinated should get vaccinated. I don't know how I feel about going to different states to be honest. I think for those who are vulnerable do whatever you need to do but for those who are relatively healthy I think they should wait their fair turn if that makes sense.

I am frustrated as I just found out a colleague of my DH who is young and strong and strapping (that is how I would describe him) and in his late twenties just got the vaccine! His preexisting condition is (very mild) asthma but not moderate or severe. So yeah that kind of jumping the line upsets me when I know there are so many others who need it more. It just feels icky to me for lack of a better word.

And I am trying not to judge because without walking in another's shoes we just cannot know for sure. But there are so many vulnerable people who have a higher chance of complications from this disease or dying and that kind of thing just gets to me. My sense of fair play and all. I guess I am an idealist deep down no matter how I wish I wasn't and I guess I expect/hope people will play fair and do the right thing.

Thanks for your kind words and good wishes and right back at ya.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
I am so so sorry about your MIL. :(

This is one scary illness and I think everyone who can get vaccinated should get vaccinated. I don't know how I feel about going to different states to be honest. I think for those who are vulnerable do whatever you need to do but for those who are relatively healthy I think they should wait their fair turn if that makes sense.

I am frustrated as I just found out a colleague of my DH who is young and strong and strapping (that is how I would describe him) and in his late twenties just got the vaccine! His preexisting condition is (very mild) asthma but not moderate or severe. So yeah that kind of jumping the line upsets me when I know there are so many others who need it more. It just feels icky to me for lack of a better word.

And I am trying not to judge because without walking in another's shoes we just cannot know for sure. But there are so many vulnerable people who have a higher chance of complications from this disease or dying and that kind of thing just gets to me. My sense of fair play and all. I guess I am an idealist deep down no matter how I wish I wasn't and I guess I expect/hope people will play fair and do the right thing.

Thanks for your kind words and good wishes and right back at ya.

Totally understand where you're coming from. I don't know much about the people who are state hopping to see if they are really needing the vaccine, or "jumping" the line. I didn't think any state was doing younger people with pre existing conditions yet, so I wonder how the guy in his late 20s managed that. Oh well, maybe he takes care of elderly grandparents and doesn't want to bring it home to them.Without knowing all the details I will also try not to judge

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Totally understand where you're coming from. I don't know much about the people who are state hopping to see if they are really needing the vaccine, or "jumping" the line. I didn't think any state was doing younger people with pre existing conditions yet, so I wonder how the guy in his late 20s managed that. Oh well, maybe he takes care of elderly grandparents and doesn't want to bring it home to them.Without knowing all the details I will also try not to judge

Nope. And his husband also got the vaccine. No preexisting health conditions. I am not going to say anything more. I actually love these two guys and they are friends not just colleagues. I have to compartmentalize this issue and keep it separate with how I feel about them. IMO this is not indicative of who they are and it's an aberration.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

Im so sorry to read about your MIL
its a very unfair end to anybody's life
i hope your mom gets the vacine soon

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
It definitely depends where you are located. NYC and NJ have short supply for the vast number of people who want to get it and are eligible to get it. NY gets only 300,000 doses a week for the 7 million who are now eligible to receive it. Even if one isn't good at math one gets that most people who are eligible still cannot receive the first vaccine. :(

Forget about the general population because we don't even have enough vaccine for those in the first 2 groups who are eligible.

:(2

18869dd5ca7f204704a091a18126293e.jpg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
He developed Petechiae of his feet and hands iirc. Read about it last month.

I have borderline normal platelet levels..that sometimes dips below normal....I have to say I will be nervous because it happened over a two week period. How do you know if your platelets are dropping? Scary..

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nope. And his husband also got the vaccine. No preexisting health conditions. I am not going to say anything more. I actually love these two guys and they are friends not just colleagues. I have to compartmentalize this issue and keep it separate with how I feel about them. IMO this is not indicative of who they are and it's an aberration.

@missy Attorneys are considered essential..so they would get it earlier...I don’t know what phase that would be though...

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

I’m so sorry about your MIL @pinkjewel...Heartbreaking....

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Im so sorry to read about your MIL
its a very unfair end to anybody's life
i hope your mom gets the vacine soon

thank you Daisys and diamonds- it's a terrible way to go since we could not be there with her and she was alone. My Mom has her first dose and should have her second around the end of this month!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
I’m so sorry about your MIL @pinkjewel...Heartbreaking....

thank you MamaBee. It's been a difficult time. At least we know she led a long and happy life and she said she was at peace with dying. But, for us, it was just so quick and so very close to getting this segment of the population vaccinated. If people had just listened about not getting together she'd still be here. But someone in her building got together with family who had Covid at Thanksgiving and brought it into her retirement building. At least 5 have died and some others are still in the hospital. It's just so sad and makes me angry at the same time.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
thank you MamaBee. It's been a difficult time. At least we know she led a long and happy life and she said she was at peace with dying. But, for us, it was just so quick and so very close to getting this segment of the population vaccinated. If people had just listened about not getting together she'd still be here. But someone in her building got together with family who had Covid at Thanksgiving and brought it into her retirement building. At least 5 have died and some others are still in the hospital. It's just so sad and makes me angry at the same time.

It’s so incredibly frustrating..Why can’t people think of others and just stay home or keep a distance wearing a mask? It’s scary and sad...I’m so sorry..

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
thank you Daisys and diamonds- it's a terrible way to go since we could not be there with her and she was alone. My Mom has her first dose and should have her second around the end of this month!

Im so glad your mom has had the first dose

Everything about your MIL's passing is so sad :(2

Mreader

Ideal_Rock

I know two ppl - one a pharmacist and one a nurse who still have their licenses but haven’t practiced in years bc they are sahms who got it as they were identified as health care professionals. It seems a bit unfair. But I can’t say I wouldn’t do the same if I were in their situation and had the opportunity. I participated in a trial for Astra Zeneca and I don’t know if I got the vaccine or the placebo. I don’t think they are going to unblind anytime soon. In fact I’m curious if anybody on this thread has participated in the same trial. Because on the one hand I had zero side effects so I’m worried I got the placebo. On the other hand Astra Zeneca is a different type of vaccine then Moderna or Pfizer. My husband did a trial for Moderna and on his second dose felt very sick for a day. So is convinced he got the vaccine.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know two ppl - one a pharmacist and one a nurse who still have their licenses but haven’t practiced in years bc they are sahms who got it as they were identified as health care professionals. It seems a bit unfair. But I can’t say I wouldn’t do the same if I were in their situation and had the opportunity. I participated in a trial for Astra Zeneca and I don’t know if I got the vaccine or the placebo. I don’t think they are going to unblind anytime soon. In fact I’m curious if anybody on this thread has participated in the same trial. Because on the one hand I had zero side effects so I’m worried I got the placebo. On the other hand Astra Zeneca is a different type of vaccine then Moderna or Pfizer. My husband did a trial for Moderna and on his second dose felt very sick for a day. So is convinced he got the vaccine.

I’m a retired healthcare professional and I could have done the same but decided it isn’t fair. I’m not seeing patients anymore and in my opinion it’s unethical. But this is my opinion only. :/

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How sad about your MIL @pinkjewel, she sounds like a very stoic lady.

Honestly @missy, I’d be p*$$ed too. I know it’s hard being patient, but our Govt are vaccinating in order of need to protect the vulnerable, so whilst I’d jump at the chance to get ahead of the queue, I don’t think it’s morally right.

It’s a shame that they’re not vaccinating people in the same household, because DH will have his a lot sooner than me, so neither of us can go out until we’re both done. If, when it’s his turn (hopefully soon), we go at the end of the day, and they have any left over, and I was offered it so it didn’t go to waste, I’d of course, say yes.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How sad about your MIL @pinkjewel, she sounds like a very stoic lady.

Honestly @missy, I’d be p*$$ed too. I know it’s hard being patient, but our Govt are vaccinating in order of need to protect the vulnerable, so whilst I’d jump at the chance to get ahead of the queue, I don’t think it’s morally right.

It’s a shame that they’re not vaccinating people in the same household, because DH will have his a lot sooner than me, so neither of us can go out until we’re both done. If, when it’s his turn (hopefully soon), we go at the end of the day, and they have any left over, and I was offered it so it didn’t go to waste, I’d of course, say yes.

That would be ideal. I hope you can get it at the same time as your DH @Austina

l wish I could be like Greg. He says not to worry what others do. We will get ours when we get it and it will be ok. I sure hope so. I know life isn’t fair and we can only go by our own moral compass. And that has to be enough. I don’t believe in jumping ahead in line.

We’re all human beings and in this together. We should work together in a civilized fashion.

But I’m going to take a page from Greg’s book and not focus on others behavior. We will do what we feel is fair and right. Doing the best we can and hoping to get through this whole and well. ❤️

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That would be ideal. I hope you can get it at the same time as your DH @Austina

l wish I could be like Greg. He says not to worry what others do. We will get ours when we get it and it will be ok. I sure hope so. I know life isn’t fair and we can only go by our own moral compass. And that has to be enough. I don’t believe in jumping ahead in line.

We’re all human beings and in this together. We should work together in a civilized fashion.

But I’m going to take a page from Greg’s book and not focus on others behavior. We will do what we feel is fair and right. Doing the best we can and hoping to get through this whole and well. ❤️

I have to work very hard to be more like Greg!!!!!

And thank you for doing the right thing!

I can't keep my mouth shut it seems... My MiL called (I had to take the call, long story) and went on about her vaccination *again* . She didn't only jump the Q, she also took the first appointment and left her DH who's older and diabetic the later appointment :roll: . I managed NOT to say anything about that but I did say she as a health professional could volunteer in a vaccination center after the second dose. She said " bah humbug, there are more than enough nurses around. I got that vaccine to be able to finally do enjoyable stuff for myself again".

It IS really hard for me to keep it civil...and yeah, it has changed the way I see her for the worse.

DH called her out , btw and she told him that there was no problem getting vaccinated at all, there were so many free appointments and plenty of vaccine. Yeah, right. Their little town is the only one nationwide with too many doses

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to work very hard to be more like Greg!!!!!

And thank you for doing the right thing!

I can't keep my mouth shut it seems... My MiL called (I had to take the call, long story) and went on about her vaccination *again* . She didn't only jump the Q, she also took the first appointment and left her DH who's older and diabetic the later appointment :roll: . I managed NOT to say anything about that but I did say she as a health professional could volunteer in a vaccination center after the second dose. She said " bah humbug, there are more than enough nurses around. I got that vaccine to be able to finally do enjoyable stuff for myself again".

It IS really hard for me to keep it civil...and yeah, it has changed the way I see her for the worse.

DH called her out , btw and she told him that there was no problem getting vaccinated at all, there were so many free appointments and plenty of vaccine. Yeah, right. Their little town is the only one nationwide with too many doses

Thank you @kipari. I feel you. I can't keep my mouth shut either lol and it gets me into trouble but I have to speak my mind for better or worse.

I am sorry about your MIL and surprised she didn't even care enough to put her diabetic DH first. Wow.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Missy- I don't think they can enforce that. I have heard of lots of people flocking to Florida from other states and even some Canadians!! I have also heard of some people coming to the state I live in from out of state, too. Maybe the process New York has in place they are screening out people from other states, but that would not prevent New Yorkers from going to other states to get a vaccine- at least not right now.

Yes. People are coming to Florida for it. My parents are eligible and cannot get an appointment, but they see folks with out of state plates at the locations. I mean, I guess because it's federally funded and divvied up, it doesn't matter in the long run, but it does make the process take longer.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
You can get the vaccine in any county- or state for that matter. It is a federal program. I had to go to a nearby county to find mine. If I waited for my actual county I'd probably be waiting until April or May

In Pa we have a county that seems to be more organized..You have to live or work in the county to get the vaccine there.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
In Pa we have a county that seems to be more organized..You have to live or work in the county to get the vaccine there.

that's interesting. In our state the spokesperson for the state health department who regularly gives tv news conferences specifically stated people could go to any county in the state for their vaccines. Again, it's a Federal program and legally I don't think a state or county can refuse to give a vaccine to someone not from that state or county- but that doesn't mean they won't do it anyway.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
that's interesting. In our state the spokesperson for the state health department who regularly gives tv news conferences specifically stated people could go to any county in the state for their vaccines. Again, it's a Federal program and legally I don't think a state or county can refuse to give a vaccine to someone not from that state or county- but that doesn't mean they won't do it anyway.

1611066648473.png
This is a county that’s very close to me..

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Same here. I’m sure people get through with less than honest behavior but that’s the stance here. Locally at least. I can’t speak for the entire state. I’m not sure why anyone would want to come here anyway. We have a densely populated state/ city. There are less crowded areas.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results