shape
carat
color
clarity

Well, I’ve had the vaccine, anyone else?

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
Very excited. My Mom who is 90 has a vaccine appointment on the 25th! Hoping all goes well. She does have a seafood allergy but the PCP gave the ok to go ahead so we are. Next week we get to sign my DH up. So hopeful!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got my 2nd vaccine on Tues. The past two days I've been having slight headaches but otherwise I feel good. I took Tylenol for my headaches.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Over 70’s should be getting their invite for the vaccine soon, (UK) I’ll be relieved when DH has his

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
I got my 2nd vaccine on Tues. The past two days I've been having slight headaches but otherwise I feel good. I took Tylenol for my headaches.

Great that you had little discomfort!! Which vaccine did you get? I've heard lots of people with second doses of pfizer, but none for Moderna.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great that you had little discomfort!! Which vaccine did you get? I've heard lots of people with second doses of pfizer, but none for Moderna.

Thanks! I received the Pfizer vaccine.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I received an email (two actually) today that due to supply issues, my February 1st appt for the first shot is cancelled.
I teach and can’t understand how it is that I can’t get one in my county! :snooty:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
So I received an email (two actually) today that due to supply issues, my February 1st appt for the first shot is cancelled.
I teach and can’t understand how it is that I can’t get one in my county! :snooty:

Boo hiss :angryfire:
Hope you get a new appointment asap

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Got Moderna #1 last night. No side effects.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Got Moderna #1 last night. No side effects.

That's excellent!

How did you sign up? I am probably way way way down the line for any eligibility but want to make sure I do "get on a list" when it is possible.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

I don’t want to like this post! That’s horrible @Slick1! I read that many states were expecting vaccines to be released from a reserved stockpile..only to find out there wasn’t a stockpile. States don’t even know how many vaccines they can expect. It’s just awful...

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's excellent!

How did you sign up? I am probably way way way down the line for any eligibility but want to make sure I do "get on a list" when it is possible.

On Thursday night at 11:30pm I got a text from DuPage medical to do a questionnaire. Two min later I am approved because I have a dental hygiene license. First available appointment was next day! Monday was available ever 5 min all day.
BTW I had a choice of Pfiser or Moderna. I had a better feeling about Moderna.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @MamaBee it’s really irritating. Especially to have gotten on line early to now be summarily tossed off. A lot of my colleagues were cancelled too. A colossal mess!!
Fingers crossed I can get one soon. I am in the classroom full time again this week and the community does not take pivoting to remote learning well. :(

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks @MamaBee it’s really irritating. Especially to have gotten on line early to now be summarily tossed off. A lot of my colleagues were cancelled too. A colossal mess!!
Fingers crossed I can get one soon. I am in the classroom full time again this week and the community does not take pivoting to remote learning well. :(

That’s so horrible..:doh:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On Thursday night at 11:30pm I got a text from DuPage medical to do a questionnaire. Two min later I am approved because I have a dental hygiene license. First available appointment was next day! Monday was available ever 5 min all day.
BTW I had a choice of Pfiser or Moderna. I had a better feeling about Moderna.

Gotcha!

Agree about the Moderna BTW; if given a choice that is what I prefer too.

Given that I'm now straddling Cook and Boone counties (where my condo is vs. where I'm staying at TR's) and neither is making much progress in this regard I will be lucky to get ANY vaccine in the foreseeable future...

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gotcha!

Given that I'm now straddling Cook and Boone counties (where my condo is vs. where I'm staying at TR's) and neither is making much progress in this regard I will be lucky to get ANY vaccine in the foreseeable future...

I’m shocked I got in in less than 24 hrs.. absolutely no side effect. There are dozens of unfilled appointments for Monday.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m shocked I got in in less than 24 hrs.. absolutely no side effect. There are dozens of unfilled appointments for Monday.

I wonder if all the people who are in the qualifying criteria know its available to them ???

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wonder if all the people who are in the qualifying criteria know its available to them ???

It definitely depends where you are located. NYC and NJ have short supply for the vast number of people who want to get it and are eligible to get it. NY gets only 300,000 doses a week for the 7 million who are now eligible to receive it. Even if one isn't good at math one gets that most people who are eligible still cannot receive the first vaccine. :(

Forget about the general population because we don't even have enough vaccine for those in the first 2 groups who are eligible.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ugh! So frustrating!!!
This is exactly what I was worried about.
I am sorry @Slick1 and hope they can reschedule you ASAP.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh @Slick1 to be so close and then have it snatched away. We’re hopeful DH will be notified soon that he can get an appt for the vaccination.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is so different depending what state one lives/works in....I have friends who are not in healthcare who got the vaccine already because their states have more plentiful doses for their population. I am happy for them. Thrilled for them in fact. I do wish though that all the states received the appropriate number of doses population dependent. Meaning if one lives in a state with a lot of people that state should receive the same percentage of doses as a state with a smaller number of people. Does that make sense?

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Gotcha!

You can get the vaccine in any county- or state for that matter. It is a federal program. I had to go to a nearby county to find mine. If I waited for my actual county I'd probably be waiting until April or May

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can get the vaccine in any county- or state for that matter. It is a federal program. I had to go to a nearby county to find mine. If I waited for my actual county I'd probably be waiting until April or May

Interesting. In NY at least it states one must live or work in the state to receive the vaccine. That is the official stance anyway. I don't know if it is being enforced.

And same for NJ...

"
New Jersey is rolling out COVID-19 vaccines step-by-step to serve all adults who live, work, or are being educated in the state.

"

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
Had my first dose of the Sinopharm on Saturday. Aside from feeling like I’ve been punched in the arm no side effects.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's called Panidene ! :mrgreen2:
Not available without a prescription now days

Ive always found codeine up er ....binds me up :doh:

Girl. Uugh. If anyone had this problem, lol, I have found the solution—- between my gastric sleeve and the pain meds for my knees... Uugh, just Uugh.

But I digress lol

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Interesting. In NY at least it states one must live or work in the state to receive the vaccine. That is the official stance anyway. I don't know if it is being enforced.

And same for NJ...

"
New Jersey is rolling out COVID-19 vaccines step-by-step to serve all adults who live, work, or are being educated in the state.

"

Missy- I don't think they can enforce that. I have heard of lots of people flocking to Florida from other states and even some Canadians!! I have also heard of some people coming to the state I live in from out of state, too. Maybe the process New York has in place they are screening out people from other states, but that would not prevent New Yorkers from going to other states to get a vaccine- at least not right now.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Has anyone else been reading the articles about the 29 deaths after receiving the Pfizer vaccine in Norway? These were all elderly and sick people to begin with, but Norway is investigating about whether to continue injections to this group of people based on these deaths.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Has anyone else been reading the articles about the 29 deaths after receiving the Pfizer vaccine in Norway? These were all elderly and sick people to begin with, but Norway is investigating about whether to continue injections to this group of people based on these deaths.

I read about the death of a 56 year old ob/gyn who has no pre existing conditions. But still being investigated. It’s tragic. His wife wrote about it. They have young children. :(

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results