shape
carat
color
clarity

Welcome Baskets?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
So, I wasn't really planning on doing welcome baskets for our guests since about 90% of our wedding will be out of towners and it will cost us a fortune. Is there a more economical way to welcome our guests? Maybe a half litter bottle of wine in each room? Chocolates/cookies? I need ideas! We are probably going to have about 100 guests from out of town, so I would estimate 40-50 rooms?

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I know this is a bit overplayed, but we are doing monogramed cookies (First names
2.gif
), bottles of water, and custom maps with each of the wedding venues and a list of local restaurants in the key of the map with corresponding numbers on the streets.

ETA: They will be given out at the check-in, rather than in the rooms.

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I love that idea! Where are you getting the custom maps from?

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I think my mom just called the city visitors bureau and they said you can have regualar maps printed for the areas that you need, and they will print them for free
23.gif
I know!! or I believe they have someone on staff that will "spruce" up the map of our choosing. I think we are meeting with them on Friday, so I can update you once I find out the logistics.

Otherwise, I found this site thru google. http://www.weddingmapper.com/

Izzy03

Brilliant_Rock
I plan on throwing together coupons, maps and other touristy information (we are getting married in a very touristy "quaint" town). If the out of town list doesn''t get too big I will by a few cases of wine from the local winery and give everyone a bottle. If that gets too pricey, I will try to find something with a local flair to give them.

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
ILTW, I like the suggestions you've gotten so far. What about also including TTC maps in your baskets along with items like gum and mints?

ETA: I was also thinking about one of the free T.O. magazines. I can't believe I can't remember the name...is it NOW magazine?

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/20/2009 11:13:44 PM
Author: pocahontas
ILTW, I like the suggestions you've gotten so far. What about also including TTC maps (free) in your baskets along with items like gum and mints (dollar store)?
I know you don't mean what I'm thinking you mean??? Otherwise you could just give out anatomy pamphlets
2.gif

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/20/2009 11:16:33 PM
Author: meresal

ILTW, I like the suggestions you''ve gotten so far. What about also including TTC maps (free) in your baskets along with items like gum and mints (dollar store)?
I know you don''t mean what I''m thinking you mean??? Otherwise you could just give out anatomy pamphlets
2.gif
LMAO
9.gif
TTC is our local transit system - too funny!

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
We are going to Costco to get bags of snacks (crackers, pretzels, etc) and bottles of water.

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/20/2009 11:20:43 PM

ILTW, I like the suggestions you''ve gotten so far. What about also including TTC maps (free) in your baskets along with items like gum and mints (dollar store)?

I know you don''t mean what I''m thinking you mean??? Otherwise you could just give out anatomy pamphlets
2.gif

LMAO
9.gif

What elso does TTC stand for? Falatio??

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/20/2009 11:58:39 PM
Author: ilovethiswebsite

Date: 1/20/2009 11:20:43 PM

ILTW, I like the suggestions you've gotten so far. What about also including TTC maps (free) in your baskets along with items like gum and mints (dollar store)?

I know you don't mean what I'm thinking you mean??? Otherwise you could just give out anatomy pamphlets
2.gif

LMAO
9.gif

OMG, you guys are hilarious! ROFL

TTC: Toronto Transit Commission
TTC: Trying to Conceive

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
ILTW, Meresal was referring to "Trying to Conceive," which explains her reference to the anatomy pamphlets. TTC is an acronym that's used in the Family, Home and Health forum (yes, I do lurk there from time to time).

ETA: Just saw CDN beat me to the explaination.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2009 12:10:06 AM

ILTW, Meresal was referring to ''Trying to Conceive,'' which explains her reference to the anatomy phamplets. TTC is an acronym that''s used in the Family, Home and Health forum (yes, I do lurk there from time to time).

ETA: Just saw CDN beat me to the explaination.
35.gif

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Hey ILTW!

Our guests stayed at the King Eddie near the St. Lawrence Market, so we went to the St. Lawrence BIA (no clue what that stands for but it has something to so with the business....association) and they had local maps.

We just used gift bags (we didn''t have enough to justify custom fabric bags where you needed over 50 or something to get a deal), put in 2 bottles of water, maps, a ''welcome booklet'', chocolate and something else. I think my mom threw in some notepads but I didn''t think those were necessary.

Honestly, with 40-50 rooms, I think that the cost of a bag with a half bottle of wine will get really high. Just my opinion though.

If I were a guest at your wedding, I''d love:
-a map of the area showing neat places to check out (Kensington, St. Lawrence, CN Tower etc) and local restaurants for breakfast or whatever
- a welcome letter from you/your family with contact info in case of emergency
- bottle of water
- something kind of local or Canadian - go to the St. Lawrence and buy a bunch of those tiny bottles of maple syrup, or go to Soma in the distillery and get a nice chocolate or 2 for each. mmm...if you do that, please invite me! :)
- Maybe some cheesy Toronto post cards - you can probably get those super cheap at one of those tourist stores - I''ve seen on another bridal site that a girl did that and gave each guest one for them to use, and one with the bride/groom''s address on it so they got a post card from all of their guests! It was a cute idea.

Anyways - just remember that it is bridal boards that make us think that we have to do an OOT bag and that they have to be elaborate. Something nice in the room to say ''thanks for coming'' is great but don''t feel obliged to go nuts. Your guests want to be there!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got married in Milwaukee, WI so everything in the bag was somehow related/local to the area. I can''t remember everything but we had WI playing cards, maps, cheese (of course!), pretzels from a local place...can''t remember what else. I just bought plain white gift bags. Used black tissue paper and made little tags with our monogram. Also I made a list of local attractions (that I also included in our invites).

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
This is a really good thread because I''ve been wondering the same thing. I already wrote up a description of things to do on our wedding website, so I think I''m going to print off a version of that to hand out during check in. Other than that, I really don''t know what to do and this thread is giving me great ideas! I know FI won''t agree to anything that costs any money (he thinks we''re spending enough as it is) so I''m loving the ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results