shape
carat
color
clarity

Welcome Baskets for OOT guests

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Ladies!

I''m getting married in 8 days! Ahhh! It''s crunch time. I really want to do welcome baskets for my OOT guests, but I''m drawing blanks on what to do. I haven''t bought anything yet, but since the wedding (and my home state) is SC, I thought about putting stuff in from local vendors in SC.

So far, here''s what I''m thinking (all products are made in SC):

-Welcome Packet (things to do around the city, suggestions for dining, directions to important places, wedding menu, etc.)
-A Free Times Magazine (local list of advertisements for places to eat, coupons, specials, locally written articles, ads for festivals, etc.)
-Our university newspaper (just for fun)
-Firefly Sweet Tea vodka (mini bottles)
-Palmetto Pale Ale (beer bottles)
-Cromer''s roasted peanuts
-Cupcakes from our local baker
-Chocolate covered espresso beans from our Gourmet shop

How does that sound? I''d like to put maybe 1 more thing in there, but I''m drawing a blank. Any suggestions?

caribqueen

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds decent to me. I only plan to put a few items in ours like a few snacks and some mini bottles of water. I''ve spent enough on this wedding as it is, so I figured I wasn''t going to go all out. :)

Good on you for planning to provide all of that for your guests. I''m sure they''ll appreciate it.

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
i think what you are doing sounds great. Maybe add some basics in there too...mini tylenol packets, bandaids, bottled water, coloring books for kids etc? In addition to the fun stuff, that''s what i''m throwing in ours.

winelover23

Ideal_Rock
All great ideas! I''m also doing welcome baskets, well boxes, and this is what I have so far:

Water
Advil (wine headache)
Travel Candle
A hand written note from us
Breath mints
Hot Tamales (our favorite candy)
Trail Mix

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Your welcome basket sounds very similar to ours. We also included maps to all of our favorite nearby desitinations, local edibles that we love, a bottle of champagne, my favorite body products, etc. One thing we included that everybody really liked was a little packet of tissues. I saw them at a little quirky store--they had a picture of the Eiffel Tower on them (where we were engaged) and I bought them on a whim. Everybody was teary-eyed at our ceremony and everybody said they were thankful for the little packet of tissues.

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
Ahh! Tissues! Thanks, NewEnglandLady!

Thanks for all the other suggestions too!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your welcome basket sounds great! Cupcakes...mmmmm.
18.gif

Will kids be invited? I ask because for our wedding, we put together welcome bags for the adult guests (travel brochures, maps, water, regional snacks, etc.) but then we also put togther beach pails for the kids. We put bubbles, crayons and coloring books, beach balls, a deck of cards, and other fun stuff for them in each pail. They were a hit, and the parents of the kids who received them thought it was a thoughtful gesture on our part to think of things that would occupy their kids when needed.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Also, I see you''re getting married in SC. Do you live there now? I''m about 5 minutes from the border.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
it sounds amazing. I might add tissues and some kind of packaged snack like a granola bar that is easy to grab and go if they need to come to a wedding activity...

EmDressage

Rough_Rock
Hi there, SC girl! :)
If you can spring for it, something with the palmetto tree on it, perhaps? I am doing a similar thing for our favours, the ''all things from SC'' that is.

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the suggestions, ladies. We''re not having children (most of our friends don''t have kids/aren''t bringing them), but it''s a really cute idea, Zoe! And yes, I live in SC (have for 23 years now, but moving after marriage/graduation for work).

EmDressage- I thought about the palmetto. If you can think of anything cheaper with the palmetto, let me know (like $2-$3). I was going to include a few bottles of palmetto pale ale.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results