shape
carat
color
clarity

Weirdest wedding ceremony moments

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
We''ve had a number of fun threads recently about proposal or wedding "oops." I thought it may be funny to hear what the strangest/funniest things you''ve seen happen at the wedding ceremony. Lots of wildness occurs at the receptions, with alcohol as an accellerant. But have you seen funny things happen during the ceremony?

When I was younger, and before I moved away from my hometown, I sang for lots of weddings. It was fun being part of the event, but I was able to see tons of different happenings. I''m sure I''ve seen a half a dozen people pass out during the nuptuals, but the funniest thing, by far, was a traditional wedding where the bride wore her veil over her face. Traditionally, the father of the bride pulls it back when he "gives her away," but this one didn''t. So the bride went through the whole ceremony with her veil down. When the father pronounced them "husband and wife" and told the groom he may kiss his bride, he pulled the veil up..... kissed her...... and then put it back over her face! The guests burst out in laughter! (and my personal addage is that she wasn''t on the top 100 prettiest brides list either)

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
The priest was reading the list of those who should be remembered and he got every single person wrong. He called everyone by the wrong name or the wrong title (he called my husband''s dad his uncle and his aunt his mom, or something like that, plus he got the names wrong). We just sort of looked at each other and giggled. I desperately wanted to correct him but knew it wouldn''t have been a good idea.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
My brother was my Man of Honor..and he made weird noises during the ceremony. Some super quiet fart type noises, some like..ehhhhhhhh-just really odd and strange. We do happen to be an odd family to begin with, so I had a hard time not laughing. The JP did the ceremony, and he was 5 years ahead of me in school I think..I had the HUGEST crush on him. He had a harder time not grinning while listening to my brother. This oddness of his extends to a certain *look* he gives..he widens his eyes and tilts his head. It''s very subtle but it kills me..JD wouldn''t even look at him while we were standing there-if he had he''d have busted out laughing.

At the reception, when I was tossing the bouquet, all these girls are standing around, up goes the bouquet, and here comes my brother..(I picture in my head it''s in slow motion, to Chariots of Fire..haha) and HE catches the flowers. There''s total silence..and then I about fall over laughing and he''s sooo excited "Finally! I''ve never caught one of these before-yeah!" JD comes over and says "Dude, ya dumb ass, didn''t you notice it''s just women out here? A GIRL is supposed to catch it!" Ohh the poor guy-he was so upset thinking he''d ruined everything, and all I could do was laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results