shape
carat
color
clarity

weirdest food...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Whats something that you eat that makes other people squirm?

I drink vinegar and put it on everything..almost.
i soak regular potato chips in white vinegar and eat em. i hate bag salt and vinegar chips--gross!!
i soak celery in any kind of vinegar and eat it.
i add vinegar without oil to my salads.
i add it to bland chicken or sometimes steaks when i eat at other peoples houses or even in a restaurant.
i always ask for balsamic when they bring the bread out to the table.....instead of bread and butter i just use balsamic w/out oil.

i have strange eating habits...lol

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
This isn''t weird food but no one that I can think of eats sushi. My boyfriend has tried it and thinks its just okay, but none of my family or friends will touch it. When my family and I went to FL on vacation years ago, my dad ordered alligator. I tried it and I think it tasted like chicken (doesn''t everything though?). I''m not sure I''d try it again but at the time I think I liked it.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Sometimes I''ll sip the pickel juice. Or green olive juice. I love it. I''m so glad someone came up with the dirty martini.
emcocktl.gif

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Well when I was little my father used to make me peanut butter and bacon sandwiches. I still like them to this day even though i don''t have them very often. Thats the only thing I eat that other people think is kinda strange. I''ve read that Elvis also enjoyed the same typoe of sandwich.

The weirdest thing I ever ate was blowfish when I was in Japan. I only had it that one time though.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
NYC - One time I was at my grandfathers house trying to find something to eat and came up with american cheese on white with vinegar... YUMMO!

I love taking swigs of the worcestershire sauce!
6.gif
I also drink the pickle and olive juice Sweet Pea... im a salt freak!

My favorite sundae in the whole wide world... mint chocolate chip ice cream in a Resee's Peanut Butter Cup Sundae from Friendlys.
18.gif
DH gets sick if I mention it and says its a crime against peanut butter!

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve only tried this once, and it was in junior high. Homemade mac and cheese on slices of cucumber. I hate cucumber, but this was really good!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
I like pickle juice, too!! My grandma used to make us PB &J sammies, but would add pats of butter to the peanut butter side.

I also learned to make corn pancakes from her, reg. pancakes with niblet corn!

And homemade frosting in graham cracker sandwiches- frozen.

I also ate powdered jello.

And bakers chocolate.

Mooooo

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
heheh...i don''t know if these are weird, but i love plain butter sandwiches, aka just plain butter or margarine on bread and rolled up/squished together. same with melted butter on tortillas and rolled up. also i love dipping french fries in cocktail sauce.
5.gif

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Also maybe not weird but I like Oscar Mayer baloney (sorry, b-o-l-o-g-n-a) on plain old Wonder bread, dipped in ketchup. And when I eat that, I also dip my potato chips in ketchup - but I never do that any other time!

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/1/2007 1:45:17 PM
Author: njc

My favorite sundae in the whole wide world... mint chocolate chip ice cream in a Resee''s Peanut Butter Cup Sundae from Friendlys.
18.gif
I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU JUST WROTE THAT... I grew up eating that exact same thing!!!
6.gif
9.gif
All through middle and high school, Friendly''s was the local hang-out.... so some weekends, I had multiple Reese''s Peanut Butter Cup sundaes with mint chocolate chip ice cream! Something about that peanut butter sauce and hot fudge mixing with the mint flavor and a little bit of crunch from the choc chips.... mmmmmmmmmmm.

Now I want one.
3.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
I forgot to mention: I am the one adult who eats lunchables.
15.gif
And those Smucker''s Uncrustables. Only the strawberry jam ones, I hate grape. I get made fun of relentlessly.

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t see what''s wrong with the mint choc chip ice cream and peanut butter. Both are good. Both are sweet. Put em together, you''ve got lots of sweet goodness.

I don''t think it''s weird, but many people have a hangup about Spam. Fried spam is delicious. Especially with eggs. I like it with eggs over easy. Put it on rice with some Maggie sauce and it''s mmm mmm good.

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Well, this wouldn''t be weird for a Japanese person, but since I''m not I guess it''s weird. I love anko which is sweet red bean paste. I especially love it as the filling in a soft squishy mochi. (Made from pounded sweet gultinous rice.)
9.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tomato sandwiches ... w/thick sliced fresh tomotoes, mayo, toasted bread & SALT

Must be a Southern thing ... also ate Cucumber sandwiches with butter & the crusts cut off ... and my grandma''s specialty

Bread Butter & Sugar sandwiches.

Also remember dipping poundcake "fingers" or fries into Kool-Aid.
23.gif
Not since I was a kid, I swear!!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I eat embryonic duck (from the egg). It sounds gross, but it''s so good. But, I have to do it without looking at the duck.
37.gif

Date: 3/1/2007 2:51:03 PM
Author: decodelighted

Bread Butter & Sugar sandwiches.
Deco, my family LOVES those. I can''t stand them.
9.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Organ meats. I'll eat tongue, liver, and brain. Won't eat kidney's since I learned what their function was in grade school (decided to skip school on Liver day)

My DF is more adventurous than I am... he'll eat all kinds of meat parts. Chicken Feet, Pork Skin, Pork Feet, kidney (grade school didn't faze him in the least)....

Mara... ME TOO with the butter sandwiches!

I like the bread butter and sugar as well.

Anyone else love hot millk and honey? DF cringes when I drink that.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/1/2007 2:37:15 PM
Author: ephemery1

Date: 3/1/2007 1:45:17 PM
Author: njc

My favorite sundae in the whole wide world... mint chocolate chip ice cream in a Resee''s Peanut Butter Cup Sundae from Friendlys.
18.gif
I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU JUST WROTE THAT... I grew up eating that exact same thing!!!
6.gif
9.gif
All through middle and high school, Friendly''s was the local hang-out.... so some weekends, I had multiple Reese''s Peanut Butter Cup sundaes with mint chocolate chip ice cream! Something about that peanut butter sauce and hot fudge mixing with the mint flavor and a little bit of crunch from the choc chips.... mmmmmmmmmmm.

Now I want one.
3.gif
OMG!!! That is TOO awesome!!! I have totally been craving one that past couple of weeks, but no Friendly''s around us.
39.gif
You described my EXACT feelings about the most delicious thing in the whole wide world! I may have to figure out how to make this on my own... can you buy peanut butter sauce?????

Deco - Right there with you on ''mater sandwiches! They are the best thing about summer time! I dont think that is a weird one at all, but I''m southern too!You made me think of something else that is fab and weird that my grandmother would always do... butter mixed in dark Karo corn syrup and then spread on bread, pancakes, whatever. SOOOO freakin good.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I like peanut butter and pickle sandwiches. I also like pickle juice. I would put the pickle juice on the bread before smearing the peanut butter, and then add pickle slices. FI has not seen this but thinks it sounds disgusting.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara, your butter sandwich reminded me of something my mom eats sometimes. She''ll butter Wonder bread (white) and eat it with spaghetti folded up inside. I''ve always thought it sounded weird but she loves it.

honeybee

Rough_Rock
ok, so I'll second the butter on tortillas, and the butter sandwiches, but it has to be a really soft white bread...yummm
18.gif
. Lets see, the only thing that I can think of is my unusual love for grapes w/ peanut butter on them. oh and spaghetti sandwiches, ah, and apples w/ honey......oh and peanut butter and honey sandwhiches............and french fries dipped in milkshakes........ok, i'm officially hungry now.

honeybee

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/1/2007 4:21:02 PM
Author: zoebartlett
Mara, your butter sandwich reminded me of something my mom eats sometimes. She''ll butter Wonder bread (white) and eat it with spaghetti folded up inside. I''ve always thought it sounded weird but she loves it.
ah, its a spaghetti sandwich! I grew up eating those (my dad''s a fan) and just love um!

Judi W

Shiny_Rock
The Houston Rodeo opened a couple of days ago. Last night my son and his wife went there, and among other assorted things, they ate DEEP FRIED OREOS. Said they were YUMMY......but I''m a bit skeptical! Nice "healthy" snack - huh??!?

Finding_Neverland

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/1/2007 4:21:02 PM
Author: zoebartlett

My Mom does Butter and Green Onion sandwiches same as your Mom and the spaghetti, Zoe.

I think about the grossest thing I ever ate actually tasted good when I tried. I gagged many years later when I realized what I''d eaten.

My best friend growing up, lived right down the street. Her dad was very Southern. About once every couple of weeks they''d have "Hawg Mauls" for dinner. I swear it looked like grey lasagna noodles. All wrinkly on the edges.

Turns out "Hawg Mauls" is the connective tissue lining of the internal abdominal wall of a pig. There''s no meat there! It''s just sinue!!
23.gif

Finding_Neverland

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/1/2007 4:58:40 PM
Author: Judi W
The Houston Rodeo opened a couple of days ago. Last night my son and his wife went there, and among other assorted things, they ate DEEP FRIED OREOS. Said they were YUMMY......but I''m a bit skeptical! Nice ''healthy'' snack - huh??!?

We got deep fried Snicker''s Bars at a street fair once. Yum! Yum!! They were good!! And eewwy gooey!!
3.gif

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Baked bean sandwiches. Cold leftover beans - the really cold refrigerated kind that are all thick and congealed - on bread, with mustard. Must be B&M beans.

Also, I love that brown bread that comes in a can. With butter, dipped in baked beans.

I think it''s a yankee thing.

bujiatang

Rough_Rock
Hotdogs or brats on lefse with green tomato katchup and a hot mustard or grated horseradish. mmmmmm

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
fried dough at the fair!! with lots of powdered sugar!!

bujiatang

Rough_Rock
you haven''t have fried food till you have been to the Minnesota state fair. anything and everything is battered and fried. Alligator, snickers, twinkies etc.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
tuna fish and peanut butter sandwhich...with a thick slab of onion....heaven

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
fried mac and cheese omelet.

Strangest ever ate: mountian oysters, rattle snake

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results