shape
carat
color
clarity

weirdest food...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2007 7:29:01 PM
Author: strmrdr
fried mac and cheese omelet.

Strangest ever ate: mountian oysters, rattle snake
OMG, are mountain oysters something along the lines of what I think they are? Please tell me I''m wrong!
23.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2007 7:33:56 PM
Author: justjulia

OMG, are mountain oysters something along the lines of what I think they are? Please tell me I''m wrong!
23.gif
bull balls
they are pretty good if fixed right.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve had mountain oysters.. frankly? YUM!

Storm just reminded me.. I''ve eaten emu, crocodile and snake. An ''authentic'' aborigine buffet place in Australia. It all... tasted like chicken... even the emu b/c it was in a stew.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Ostrich. mmm.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2007 7:39:41 PM

Date: 3/1/2007 7:33:56 PM
Author: justjulia

23.gif
bull balls
they are pretty good if fixed right.
Ok, maybe I''ll try some some time. Maybe chased with beer? Actually, maybe I''ll start with the beer and then I can do it!
I had wildebeest in Nairobi and it was pretty good.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Honestly? Beef or Lamb "oysters" are both good when grilled... salt peper a little butter... and I like them with a little saffron (disolved in water or butter and brushed on them while grilling).

aussiegirl23

Shiny_Rock
Rocky Mountain Oysters?
9.gif

Definitely THE thing I miss about home & our ranch ... and it''s CALVING season now... DAMN you are making me hungry!
11.gif

Aussie : p

nejarb

Shiny_Rock
i love fresh bitter or spicy greens, like parsley, watercress, arugula, etc. whenever i have any of those, i always grab big chunks of them out of the fridge and eat them plain. but sometimes i make a salad with just one or maybe a few of those greens, and drizzle a little bit of olive oil and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. no salt or vinigar or anything else. HEAVEN! i can just eat a big bowl of that stuff.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
OK, so now you have me curious...What do cooked testicles taste like? Chicken? Are they tender? Rubbery? I didn''t think people really ate that/those lol!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Some people think it''s weird that I put peanut butter in my chocolate ice cream. *shrugs* My mother ate that when she was pregnant... And since I have a thing for Nutella, I sometime make myself peanut butter and Nutella sandwiches.

The weirdest thing I''ve eaten we''re pickled snails. They''re quite the delicacy in Eastern Québec.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE vinegar and lemon on almost anything...

I hate oily dressing, do not mind a bit of EVOO but more lemon and vinegar than oil. I like chunky blue cheese that is fresh, but no way do I like just bottled salty oily dressing.

The restaurants I go to a lot bring me a side of lemons and balsamic or red wine vinegar when I order.

My son likes MAYO on his fries, it is a very English thing to do, but it makes me ill. I only like a tiny bit of mayo on a blt or in tuna (again, more lemon than mayo) and a bit mixed with melted butter to dip artichokes leaves in...

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2007 9:52:32 PM
Author: diamondfan
I LOVE vinegar and lemon on almost anything...

I hate oily dressing, do not mind a bit of EVOO but more lemon and vinegar than oil. I like chunky blue cheese that is fresh, but no way do I like just bottled salty oily dressing.

The restaurants I go to a lot bring me a side of lemons and balsamic or red wine vinegar when I order.

My son likes MAYO on his fries, it is a very English thing to do, but it makes me ill. I only like a tiny bit of mayo on a blt or in tuna (again, more lemon than mayo) and a bit mixed with melted butter to dip artichokes leaves in...
A lot of people do it here too, especially in the eastern part of the province. They even bring you mayo instead of ketchup at the restaurant. When I visited that part of the province and got that, I found it very strange!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2007 1:40:25 PM
Author: innerkitten
Well when I was little my father used to make me peanut butter and bacon sandwiches. I still like them to this day even though i don''t have them very often. Thats the only thing I eat that other people think is kinda strange. I''ve read that Elvis also enjoyed the same typoe of sandwich.

The weirdest thing I ever ate was blowfish when I was in Japan. I only had it that one time though.

I think Elvis ate p butter with fried bananas...

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2007 4:58:40 PM
Author: Judi W
The Houston Rodeo opened a couple of days ago. Last night my son and his wife went there, and among other assorted things, they ate DEEP FRIED OREOS. Said they were YUMMY......but I''m a bit skeptical! Nice ''healthy'' snack - huh??!?

My friend fries oreos in butter when she craves sugar and salt together. I have put my raisinettes into my popcorn, it is odd but satifying, salty, crunchy, chewy and sweet.

Finding_Neverland

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/1/2007 9:55:27 PM
Author: diamondfan
Date: 3/1/2007 1:40:25 PM

Author: innerkitten

Well when I was little my father used to make me peanut butter and bacon sandwiches. I still like them to this day even though i don''t have them very often. Thats the only thing I eat that other people think is kinda strange. I''ve read that Elvis also enjoyed the same typoe of sandwich.

The weirdest thing I ever ate was blowfish when I was in Japan. I only had it that one time though.

I think Elvis ate p butter with fried bananas...

See,.......... I thought Elvis ate Fried PB and Banana sandwiches.

Oh wait! I just saw Elvis!! I''ll ask him!!
9.gif
2.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I meant fried peanut butter and banana...I am tired tonight!

blingless

Rough_Rock
Not sure how these are spelled but they are great Italian dishes I ate as a child and gross my wife out when I talk about them:

Sufriet - organ meats in sauce
Tripe - stomach in sauce
Pigs ears - I have no idea how it was made but it was great
Squid suace
I am the only person I know who likes anchovies ( eat them when I drink beer instead of peanuts)

I haven't had any of these since childhood but I remember them as being very good. I married a brit who has very narrow tastes in food and won't even eat fried squid lol.......
BTW I eat sushi all the time and I think its great

If all of that han't grossed you out enough here is a link to lots of gross food.

http://www.ricksteves.com/graffiti/archives/grossedibles.htm

enjoy :)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Uh, yeah. the vegetarian here is having a bit of a tough time reading through this thread, lol!

I used to hate rice as a kid...not a problem any longer.

OH! I have sort of an off-the-wall one for you (although if you''ve heard of them it maybe nothing extraordinarily weird): morel mushrooms picked fresh from the midwest on a humid spring day and fried in flour and oil, salt and pepper. Mmmm, seriously to die for. Such a delicacy here that people will pay upwards of $100 a bushel or have them shipped freeze-dried. No really, they are THAT good, especially if you know what it''s like to hunt for them and actually have a mess to bring home and fry up.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2007 7:40:18 PM
Author: Gypsy
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Ostrich. mmm.
Me toooo! Ostrich in blueberry sauce. Mmmmmm....

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2007 11:06:53 PM
Author: blingless
Not sure how these are spelled but they are great Italian dishes I ate as a child and gross my wife out when I talk about them:

Sufriet - organ meats in sauce
Tripe - stomach in sauce
Pigs ears - I have no idea how it was made but it was great
Squid suace

My Df eats these... he''s italian too. I can''t do tripe...sufriet doesn''t taste good to me, I like organ meat but I like it generally grilled -- but not with red sauce in any case. Squid sauce is his FAVORITE... and I eat it too. But when he makes it just for the two of us he puts in some shrimp and scallops for me so that it''s not all squid.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
So happy I am not the only one to drink pickle juice.I sometimes open the jar just to drink it and have to be carefull not to leave the pickles dry..Yummy..

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
My dad used to make cheddar cheese, marmalade and yorkshire relish sandwiches-I remember them to be really good although I dont think I''d be able to eat one now!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results