shape
carat
color
clarity

Weird Back Pain- Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

April20

Ideal_Rock
My lower back was slightly tender last night when I went to bed. I got up this morning and felt okay so I got on my treadmill. I did 3, 10 min intervals starting each one with 1.5 mins of jogging. At the 30 min mark I had to stop because I could tell something was going on w/ my back. Within five minutes I was in tremendous pain. It continued to get worse and then pain started in my lower left abdomen. My back was constant pain, the abdominal more in waves. I don''t know that I''ve ever had pain as bad as this. I took two advil and iced my back. No position was comfortable and I felt like I was going to throw up. Just as I was about to get DH to take me to the ER (this after much discussion of urgent care vs ER), the pain disappeared. Magically. One minute in horrible pain, the next nothing. This freaks me out even more. I have no idea what''s going on. I''m laying on the couch wondering if it will come back and if it doesn''t, what caused 1.5 hours of horrible pain that disappeared mysteriously.

Has anyone ever had this? Thoughts?

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Could be a muscle spasm...

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am not sure what it could be but sometimes people that have appendicitis get pain in their legs or back? If it continues again I would go to the doc. Hope you feel better.

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
April, if your pain comes back again, you should go see a doctor and get checked out. There are many causes of abdominal pain radiating to the back, some of which more serious than others. It could be a plain old muscular pain but it also could be myriad of other things such as renal colic (from kidney stones), pancreatitis, abdominal aortic aneurysm, gynae causes etc. The fact that your pain comes and goes in waves, make is sound more like pain from a hollow organ - such as bowel or the urinary tract - eg. with kidney stones the pain often radiates from the back/loin around to the abdomen/groin - the pain can be excruciating but once the stone passes and the obstruction is relieved, the pain settles. There are lots and lots of causes and good history taking, physical examination +/- investigations will make it much clearer to your doc.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I get weird pains like that sometimes. I take a lot of NSAIDS for a sports related injury. It causes dehydration, and deydration causes constipation. Sometimes it takes awhile for the pills to take effect, and if I dont take w/ food, I get bad dry heaves, because of how harsh they are on the tummy. The sharp back pains I get, is from the hard lump of poo trying to work its way out of my body. I just have to remember to keep hydrated, and drink 4 liters of water a day to balance out the amount of drugs I am on.... so not to be like mega gross... but it could be dehydration/constipation... on a less severe issue... if not, I''d make an appt w/ your gen prac.

I hope you''re okay!

April20

Ideal_Rock
It hasn''t happened again. It''s like once it was gone, it was gone.

I''m hoping it was just a muscle spasm of sorts. I walked home from the train station to get the car when we got back from the airport on Saturday and noticed my back was tender after that. It should NOT have been, it''s only 1.5 miles and I walk much more than that on a regular basis. It was after jogging/walking the next day that the crazy pain started.

I don''t think it was a hydration issue. I''d been chugging water like crazy in the days before it happened.

I skipped the treadmill this morning because 1.5 hours of horrific pain did not fit into my schedule. I''m going to give it a try this afternoon maybe and see what happens.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
April-

Ouch! I''m so sorry! I had mysterious back pain a few months back where it was my whole back for about 5 days. I went to the doctor twice, they did test my urine for a kidney infection and it was negative, but was told to take Motrin and to use ice. Both dr.''s told me that my back (or core) is very weak so I''m trying to work on that. I do get mysterious aches and pains though!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results