carat
color
clarity

Weight Loss

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wednesday|1421593710|3818416 said:
I've been using a Fitbit and the app as well as My Fitness Pal and these have been extremely helpful to me in pinpointing where I can improve activity and nutrition. I am hoping to join you all in your success soon.

Someone above mentioned weight fluctuation. I find that to be the most maddening part of this! I usually weigh myself once a week (after I wake up, before eating or drinking anything) for tracking purposes. Yesterday I weighed myself and the number was a little higher than I expected. But, I recorded it. I weighed myself again this morning and I was a pound and a half lighter! That's the amount I'd like to lose per week. But who knows what I *really* weigh. :lol: I guess you can tell progress after a month or so, or after a 5+ pound loss?

That is why I like to weigh every day or two. It gives me a better picture of the trend and helps keep me motivated.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondrnglover|1421362968|3817081 said:
madelise|1421357870|3817008 said:
I want to be nothing but T&A and a bobble head when I'm done.

Ha this made my laugh...the bobble head comment..thanks for the chuckle

Glad to have made you laugh :naughty: I tend to be a silly gal.

Wednesday said:
I've been using a Fitbit and the app as well as My Fitness Pal and these have been extremely helpful to me in pinpointing where I can improve activity and nutrition. I am hoping to join you all in your success soon.

Someone above mentioned weight fluctuation. I find that to be the most maddening part of this! I usually weigh myself once a week (after I wake up, before eating or drinking anything) for tracking purposes. Yesterday I weighed myself and the number was a little higher than I expected. But, I recorded it. I weighed myself again this morning and I was a pound and a half lighter! That's the amount I'd like to lose per week. But who knows what I *really* weigh. :lol: I guess you can tell progress after a month or so, or after a 5+ pound loss?

I weigh myself daily to see the trends that using sauces/salt/anything does. I always weigh myself right after I wake up, after pee-ing. I can't wait to pee (I always drink a ton of water), but I also imagine that takes a few ounces off, too. :lol:

Anyone want to be MyFitnessPal friends? I've had a semi-active account for over a year now, but haven't logged since the 13th. I don't want to post my post-holiday weight gain :devil: and am waiting to get back down to my last-known lightest weight.. which should be reached this week.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! Everyone is doing so well!

I myself am down 5lbs. SO and I also booked a trip to mexico for April, so we have a solid 3 months to get our acts together. It's quite motivating! I've been skipping a few workouts, but need to get more consistent. I feel myself getting fitter while doing them, which is awesome. I'm hoping to lose 15 lbs by mexico, be able to keep it off for the duration of the trip, and then look to lose another 15-20 for the rest of the year. 6 workouts/ week is not sustainable, but I think it should be a good 'jump start'. (6 days a week is recommended by the fitness program I am on)

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
telephone89|1421694575|3818963 said:
Yay! Everyone is doing so well!

I myself am down 5lbs. SO and I also booked a trip to mexico for April, so we have a solid 3 months to get our acts together. It's quite motivating! I've been skipping a few workouts, but need to get more consistent. I feel myself getting fitter while doing them, which is awesome. I'm hoping to lose 15 lbs by mexico, be able to keep it off for the duration of the trip, and then look to lose another 15-20 for the rest of the year. 6 workouts/ week is not sustainable, but I think it should be a good 'jump start'. (6 days a week is recommended by the fitness program I am on)

Awesome motivation!

Great work! Keep it up and you'll be ready for that trip :appl:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
madelise|1421689622|3818915 said:
diamondrnglover|1421362968|3817081 said:
madelise|1421357870|3817008 said:
I want to be nothing but T&A and a bobble head when I'm done.

Ha this made my laugh...the bobble head comment..thanks for the chuckle

Glad to have made you laugh :naughty: I tend to be a silly gal.

Wednesday said:

I weigh myself daily to see the trends that using sauces/salt/anything does. I always weigh myself right after I wake up, after pee-ing. I can't wait to pee (I always drink a ton of water), but I also imagine that takes a few ounces off, too. :lol:

Anyone want to be MyFitnessPal friends? I've had a semi-active account for over a year now, but haven't logged since the 13th. I don't want to post my post-holiday weight gain :devil: and am waiting to get back down to my last-known lightest weight.. which should be reached this week.

I should look into an account. Do you have to have a Fit Bit to use those?
I don't have one but do track my steps & distance each day...

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TooPatient|1421825226|3819711 said:

Nope-- it's an app on its own. It has a step-calculator (works like a pedometer in your phone), a food diary, and a progress check. I only use the progress part. Used to do the food diary (you can use your phone camera to snap pics of bar codes, and it will automatically enter everything), but I got lazy.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
madelise|1421876242|3820067 said:
TooPatient|1421825226|3819711 said:

Nope-- it's an app on its own. It has a step-calculator (works like a pedometer in your phone), a food diary, and a progress check. I only use the progress part. Used to do the food diary (you can use your phone camera to snap pics of bar codes, and it will automatically enter everything), but I got lazy.

I'm having trouble getting it to do anything. Will play around with it a bit more to see if I can get it to work.

My phone is looking near crazy! I now hot myfitnesspal, run keeper, spark people, and a couple of others like that plus the built in pedometer!
And.... DH should be adding our pedometer to it this afternoon. (One of our company's first products is going to be a super accurate pedometer app so I need to test it and compare against others)
I must look pretty strange at the track. I've been out with my phone plus 4 other pedometers strapped on at a time.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just finished a 1/2 mile walk followed by 2 hours of yoga and another 1/2 mile walk.

Hoping to get in another couple of miles later today but may call that good enough and just get in a couple of hours cleaning house.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why do you need so many pedometers?

:confused:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
madelise|1422047271|3821034 said:

Our company we recently started is doing a super accurate pedometer and part of researching the project was to go walking with a bunch of different pedometers of the price range a likely customer would be using to see if they were great or had lots of room for improvement. Same logic for the pedometer apps.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TooPatient|1422048321|3821041 said:

Our company we recently started is doing a super accurate pedometer and part of researching the project was to go walking with a bunch of different pedometers of the price range a likely customer would be using to see if they were great or had lots of room for improvement. Same logic for the pedometer apps.

HAHAHA okay, that makes sense. I'm like... TP... you know you can't add those steps altogether, right? Hahaha :twirl:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
madelise|1422051016|3821067 said:

HAHAHA okay, that makes sense. I'm like... TP... you know you can't add those steps altogether, right? Hahaha :twirl:

I wish! My cell phone says I should be doing something like 15,000 steps per day...

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TooPatient|1422051898|3821079 said:
madelise|1422051016|3821067 said:

I wish! My cell phone says I should be doing something like 15,000 steps per day...

Yeah.... I live a very sedentary lifestyle. My bottom is in a chair whilst in class all day, then in a chair again to study. I'm afraid to get secretary-butt. :errrr: The butt all the secretaries in my grade school all had-- square-ish at the hip, huge, flat, wide.... eek!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know the secretary-butt well and have always been afraid to have it!

Every time I go to get clothes (not often!) I get the reminder of why I'm exercising. I'm on my way there :-o :errrr:

Does make great motivation to keep going through the full 2 hours in yoga... Stretching and moving in skin tight clothes in front of a mirrored wall :sick:

Oh!
I found a new yummy treat to keep me out of trouble.
I bought a frozen chocolate cheesecake. (actually assortment with 1/4 each of four different chocolate cheesecakes)
Okay, so I know that sounds crazy but it is awesome! In order to have any, I have to go all the way downstairs and into the garage freezer. Then what I have is this little sliver (250 calories or less depending on type) that is still frozen. So I can sit there and nibble at this frozen treat but it takes time to eat (and tastes even richer when frozen!) and I only nibble about 1/4 of the slice before sticking it away for another time.
So the super rich chocolate craving is satisfied for around 50 calories and I don't end up eating a bunch of other calories in a desperate attempt to get the craving gone :dance:

ETA: Trick is self control! Only 1/4 of the piece and only once per day or less. No sneaking down for multiple nibbles!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TP! Did you figure out the MFP app? Anyone else?
I finally did my updates yesterday :)

5 more pounds til my first mini goal!! ^____^

I want to do a "transformation" ring size pic after all this. I looked back at a few of my first Instagram ring pics and videos, and I was muffin-topping my poor size 8 rings.. I think I'm about a size 6.75 now? My size 7 is loose on me.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not that obvious of a difference since it's millimeters and not inches when on fingers... But still, noticeable.

_26434.jpg

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium

_26435.jpg

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There's a difference of -30 pounds or so.
And a ring size difference of about -1.25 or so.

Goal ring size ;-), because this is PS after all, is a standard size 6 to fit nicely, with no muffin-top.
That would be nice.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I havent checked in for awhile..its going very slowly..thats what happens when you are old and a slow metabolism..anyway I am now up to a 13lb lose...only 60 more to go lol....

Madelise I can see the difference in the rings..nice going.....

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Madelise, I can definitely see a difference! Wow, that's great, congrats on your accomplishment! :appl:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondrnglover|1422492792|3823547 said:
I havent checked in for awhile..its going very slowly..thats what happens when you are old and a slow metabolism..anyway I am now up to a 13lb lose...only 60 more to go lol....

Keep up the GOOD work! :appl: All hail good health!! :bigsmile:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
junebug17|1422493532|3823553 said:
Madelise, I can definitely see a difference! Wow, that's great, congrats on your accomplishment! :appl:

:appl: :))

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I've realized that a slow and steady lifestyle change is much more effective than a quick loss. 13 is nothing to sneeze at! Congrats!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Junebug and Canuk - thanks :) yeah, for privacy reasons, I don't think a face/body transformation post is appropriate on a luxury website, but the ring finger pics are telling :) I think my middle finger lost the most!! Haha.

I think it's rather silly that my goal weight also includes a goal ring size.. But alas, I am a ring addict. The smaller the finger, the bigger the diamond. and that's enough incentive hahah!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
madelise|1422473186|3823333 said:
TP! Did you figure out the MFP app? Anyone else?
I finally did my updates yesterday :)

5 more pounds til my first mini goal!! ^____^

I want to do a "transformation" ring size pic after all this. I looked back at a few of my first Instagram ring pics and videos, and I was muffin-topping my poor size 8 rings.. I think I'm about a size 6.75 now? My size 7 is loose on me.

Not much time this week to try to get it to work. So far no luck. It will do most things but refuses to let me track any steps or even enter them from a different source.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Great work!
Small changes with steady progress is the healthiest long term.

You're almost 20% of the way to your goal! Keep it up!

Madelise -- WOW!
That is a noticeable difference. Thanks for sharing the pictures! My poor rings still have days I can't shove them on my ring finger so your pictures are definitely motivation!

(Oh.... and I had to go back and look at the pictures again when you mentioned your middle finger because I was so busy looking at your ring and how well it fit that I didn't even notice the rest of your hand -- Your ring is GORGEOUS!)

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
madelise - that is fantastic! Only on a diamond forum is weightloss measured in ring size haha! Congrats :)

I hit 10 lbs lost today. I hope I can keep it off now! Unfortunately we are going out for dinner tomorrow, and may be ordering lunch at the office today. I really have no will power when there is free food haha.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
3.6 more # til my first mini goal! :appl:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And it looks like all my MFP pals are no longer active ;( would love it if anyone wanted to join me!! I have mini goals for each month, and an annual goal to get to.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Has everyone given up on their new year's resolutions already? :blackeye: I'm talking to myself here. ..

I put on 3 pounds in the last two weeks, so I'm hoping to get rid of that and be back on my journey. Blargh.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results