shape
carat
color
clarity

Weight loss supplements banned by the FDA

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am glad to see they are cracking down on these too.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I had enviga once.. totally made me hurl.
14.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s definitely good that they''re cracking down on it. That''s awful to hear that woman had a stroke Skippy.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2009 5:00:17 PM
Author: tlh
I had enviga once.. totally made me hurl.
14.gif

Yea, enviga was gross.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Someone in my family had a cardiac arrest, followed by stroke and multiple other life-threatening conditions after taking these pills. Her continued survival, 7 years later, is still in doubt
7.gif

I''m so glad they have banned many of these substances and are moving towards banning more.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/15/2009 10:24:07 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
Someone in my family had a cardiac arrest, followed by stroke and multiple other life-threatening conditions after taking these pills. Her continued survival, 7 years later, is still in doubt
7.gif

I''m so glad they have banned many of these substances and are moving towards banning more.
AmberG, that is so awful!!! I am sorry.
8.gif

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s the scary thing about dietary supplements and herbal products:

The product is allowed to go to market without one review by the FDA for safety or efficacy. However, it is the burden of the FDA to determine the safety of a drug once reports of harm have occurred.

Therefore, the FDA does NOT look at all dietary supplements and herbal products available to you at your drugstore. Just something to keep in mind if you choose to take them.

(Drugs, on the other hand, are very different- it may take a drug years to get to the market due to the level of monitoring by the FDA).

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I used to take Hydroxycut and tried Xenadrine..I had a panic attack w/the Xenadrine and that was the end of my foray into supplements like that.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results