shape
carat
color
clarity

weight loss/gain and ring size

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all!

I know this really depends on the person, but I am just curious to hear other''s experiences.

For those who have lost or gained weight, by how much, if any, did your ring size go up or down?

Anyone''s finger or knuckle size enlarge or decrease after pregnancy or as you got older?

aeli

Rough_Rock
A woman I work with had to get her e-ring sized up after getting pregnant - her ring size didn''t go down after having her son (she waited 5-6 months before caving and taking it to the jeweler).

As for me, I like my rings to fit fairly snug. Not so tight that I have to struggle to get them off, but snug. At one point I had lost almost 30 pounds (that''s a lot when you''re only 5''2") and I could still get away with wearing the same ring. If I had lost another 5 pounds or so, though, I probably would have gotten my ring sized down just a little bit (maybe a 4.5 to a 4.25).

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I wore a size 4 during Freshman year of H.S. when I weighed 107lbs, at 5''2. I later lost a lot of fat and gained in muscle mass, ended up around 103lbs, and the ring size dropped to 3.25. Later in College, I went up to 105-107lbs, gained fat, lost muscles, and my ring size went up to a 3.5. Now I weigh 104lbs, and it has leveled off at 3-3.25, depending on weather. I think body fat % makes a big difference in ring sizes.

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
I went from 52 down to 46 kg in the beginning 3 mths of 2004 and went from a size 4.75 to 4/3.75. So yeah, it affected my finger size big time and I ordered the ring in a 4.75 and it was too loose on my finger, constant ring spin. It was so bad, I finally had it resized to a 4 and it was much better. Now am 49-51kg but am still remaining at size 3.75-4 and I always get comments from local stores that my ring size is so small (and I am in an Asian country, can't imagine if I was in America).
9.gif

And my knuckle size is still the same BIG knuckle syndrome
32.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results