shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 29th Jan till 4th Feb

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had an amazing dinner last night with D''s parents. I had a gorgeous caesar salad to start with, hake with veg for main course and fresh fruit for desert-it was so tasty! A really nice evening.
Im going to try and get to the gym today as well, only not sure if I''ll have time as we have to go down the country today and Im not sure when we''re going to get back.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lorelei, hubby was channel flipping last night, and in the process, Olivia Newton John popped on in a headband singing, Let''s Get Physical. Reminded me of this thread.
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/4/2007 8:30:13 AM
Author: Ellen
Lorelei, hubby was channel flipping last night, and in the process, Olivia Newton John popped on in a headband singing, Let's Get Physical. Reminded me of this thread.
9.gif
* Let me hear your body talk - your body talk, let me hear your body taa-a-alk!* ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!

Which could be a great anthem for us WWTers!
11.gif

While our seventies revival is still going strong, wasn't Peter Frampton that chap who had a tube with which he would gurgle into his guitar? Wow...wowwowwowwowwow...a WOW OW OW OW or something similar? Did he also do a remake of Sergeant Pepper too?
23.gif
( apologies to any Frampton Fans who might be reading this!)

I still have modified Farrah flicks actually
31.gif
, I straighten my hair then flick the ends out with a jumbo curling iron if I can be bothered, and my tastes in hairspray are more refined now if I use it - Elnett or nowt!

Mara I will keep you posted on how this routine works. I did the first session last night and I will detail them a little more to keep track.

Treadmill - 40 mins. 10 mins warmup, fast advance with incline to max 15% and speed 6mph fast walk for most of the time, then 6 mins running at 7mph, I don't normally run but need to push harder I think

Weights - 20 mins.

Dumbells - 3 sets bent over flyes ( I think) where you bend over and lift your arms out to the sides with the weights - 5 pounds.

3 sets bicep curls - 12.5 pounds

3 sets leg extensions - 50 pounds.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thats good work on the threadmill lorelei!

I just came back from the gym and I went up another level on the cross trainer today so I could feel the burn. Im finding it a lot easier running track now that Im doing it at every workout. Im heading to that tapas bar tonight so I think it will be chicken skewers and a bit of hummus for dinner.

My new favorite lunch is a toasted low fat cheese sandwich on wholemeal bread with some hummus-delicious!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Miss Bee
16.gif
16.gif

That lunch with the sammige and hummous sounds yummy!
3.gif

Good job on the crosstrainer, I shall be on mine later, 45 mins is my goal. They really do help tone the upper body a bit I find.

Mara I am so sorry about your encounter with that charming and delightful diner
emotion-41.gif
OMG!
40.gif

Lisa, those skates sound supercool!
10.gif
10.gif
10.gif

Rod - I can imagine that dinner was superdelicious! I am so happy Sakai is doing so well, bless her!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The scale is tormenting me! I *know* I shouldn't rely in it, but I like having some objective thing, like a *number* to validate my progress. On Friday it said 149. Yesterday it said 147. Now I KNEW that probably wasn't right (even though I got on an off the scale three times and it kept saying the same thing). And now this morning I'm back at 149.5. Argh! (I'm sure the fact that I just at half a bag of Alexi fries for breakfast isn't gonn do me any favors come tomorrow morning either... )

I'm heading over to the gym in a little while to do my "lighter" elliptical workout.

Rod, your dinner sounds marvelous!

And Mara, I used one of those charts to figure out what my fat burning zone was and it's 120-156 beats/minute. So I try to keep around 150 or so to get the max fat burning benefit. I have pushed it higher, and have absolutely no problem, but I figure if I'm comfortable at that rate and burning fat, then that's probably a reasonable place to be.

Anyway, all this talk of the seventies and Farah's hair got me to dig out my high school senior picture. Granted it was the 80s rather than the 70s, and I am not exactly Farah (or any of the other Angels for that matter, LOL), but look at this hair! Let me also say that my hair is naturally 100% absolutely straight. Not a bit of wave to it anywhere. Every morning I would wash it, blow it dry, use the curling iron then put it in rollers so the curls would cool on the rods and they would stay longer. Oh and the *hair spray*!!! Every time I hear a report on global warming I duck in shame... It's all my fault... Talk about a weight loss strategy--you can't tell from the pic but my hair went clear down to my waist and I'm sure when I finally got this all cut off I lost 10 lbs, ha ha.

Senior pic0001.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2007 8:58:24 AM
Author: Lorelei

While our seventies revival is still going strong, wasn''t Peter Frampton that chap who had a tube with which he would gurgle into his guitar? Wow...wowwowwowwowwow...a WOW OW OW OW or something similar? Did he also do a remake of Sergeant Pepper too?
23.gif
( apologies to any Frampton Fans who might be reading this!)
I "think" this is the song you''re talking about, the only one of his I really liked. It was a great one to listen to when you were just, sitting around....
31.gif
9.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Do_You_Feel_Like_We_Do

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2007 11:23:41 AM
Author: Dee*Jay
The scale is tormenting me! I *know* I shouldn't rely in it, but I like having some objective thing, like a *number* to validate my progress. On Friday it said 149. Yesterday it said 147. Now I KNEW that probably wasn't right (even though I got on an off the scale three times and it kept saying the same thing). And now this morning I'm back at 149.5. Argh! (I'm sure the fact that I just at half a bag of Alexi fries for breakfast isn't gonn do me any favors come tomorrow morning either... )
dj, DON'T rely on the scales, seriously. All they do is what they're doing to you, driving you crazy. In the past, when I used to use them, my weight could fluctuate 3 lbs. during the day. Just go by how your clothes feel, cuz that's all that matters in the end anyway!
2.gif

Nice do!!
9.gif
You really did/do have pretty hair.
5.gif

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry to hear about your loss Kimberley! Hope you are doing alright after a rough few wks!

TGal & DJ - I actually downloaded the spreadsheet from a website, but for the life of me I can't remember where
7.gif

ETA: DJ - love the hairstyle!

OK I found the website - my spreadsheet was downloaded from here. and I made a few modifications to it.

merrijoy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/4/2007 11:23:41 AM
The scale is tormenting me! I *know* I shouldn''t rely in it, but I like having some objective thing, like a *number* to validate my progress. On Friday it said 149. Yesterday it said 147. Now I KNEW that probably wasn''t right (even though I got on an off the scale three times and it kept saying the same thing). And now this morning I''m back at 149.5. Argh! (I''m sure the fact that I just at half a bag of Alexi fries for breakfast isn''t gonn do me any favors come tomorrow morning either... )

I''m heading over to the gym in a little while to do my ''lighter'' elliptical workout.

Rod, your dinner sounds marvelous!

And Mara, I used one of those charts to figure out what my fat burning zone was and it''s 120-156 beats/minute. So I try to keep around 150 or so to get the max fat burning benefit. I have pushed it higher, and have absolutely no problem, but I figure if I''m comfortable at that rate and burning fat, then that''s probably a reasonable place to be.

Anyway, all this talk of the seventies and Farah''s hair got me to dig out my high school senior picture. Granted it was the 80s rather than the 70s, and I am not exactly Farah (or any of the other Angels for that matter, LOL), but look at this hair! Let me also say that my hair is naturally 100% absolutely straight. Not a bit of wave to it anywhere. Every morning I would wash it, blow it dry, use the curling iron then put it in rollers so the curls would cool on the rods and they would stay longer. Oh and the *hair spray*!!! Every time I hear a report on global warming I duck in shame... It''s all my fault... Talk about a weight loss strategy--you can''t tell from the pic but my hair went clear down to my waist and I''m sure when I finally got this all cut off I lost 10 lbs, ha ha.

This is too funny - Aquanet anyone?
You mentioned yesterday about getting "stuck" with a client for over 5 hours and being starving. This is always an issue for me as I usually go somewhere not hungry, then get stuck somewhere and get really hungry. Yesterday morning I did a 5K for work at 7:30 am. After the run there were free massages, so I stuck around till 9 pm for the massage. When I came home at 10 am, I wasn''t feeling too well since I had not eaten anything at all. I ate a bowl of FiberOne with a banana, then had a whole wheat wrap. I laid down because I felt a migraine coming on. I rested for a few hours, then left the house and did not eat anything at all as I was not hungry. We went to a 2 year olds birthday party from 5 pm till 7 pm, and of course, the only thing at the party was baked ziti, rice, pizza and salad. So I had a little baked ziti and a little rice and salad because at this point I was ready to eat one of the children! Just kidding.
Anyway, do any of you carry around protein bars with you for instances like this? I don''t love all protein bars because a lot seem to have the fake sugars and sugar alcohols which hurt my stomach. Does anyone else''s stomach get bothered by these type of bars? I do like them though because they always have a lot of protein - the Pria bars only have ~120 cals.

Another quick question - as mentioned, I bought the Rocket instead of the Bullet - I am thinking of returning the bullet due to the fact it can not crush ice. For anyone with the Bullet, can yours crush ice?

Also, Mara, about counting all calories you put in your mouth – for others to reference, I believe the article you are referring to is http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14802078/ .

Anyway, off to the gym for 45 minutes on the ellipse or 25 minutes ellipse, 20 minutes walking plus some weights.

Have a good day all.

Meredith

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
JadeLeaves: Thanks for the kind words. Life has to get tough sometimes to remind me how lucky I am to have it so good most of the time.

DeeJay: Don''t let the scale get to you. I am obsessed w/ weighing myself, which is a really bad thing. Perhaps you can commit to yourself that you''ll only weigh yourself once a week at the same time, wearing the same clothes or none at all each week. Then the fluctuations won''t be so frustrating.

I have a pile of schoolwork to do, so I''ll probably do 1/2 time workout this morning.

I posted a new recipe, Curried Chicken w/ Couscous, it was really delicious!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
merrijoy, we have discussed diff things you can take with you on the go in previous threads...but for a quickie overview on ''just bars''...i love luna bars, they are made for women so they have vitamins in them that lots of other bars don''t have, have lower sugars and higher in fiber and protein than many other bars out there and are actually seriously yummy. the nutz over chocolate and pecan pie are my faves. most are 170 to 180 cals each and i use them not as snacks but more like meal replacements on the weekends...if i know i am going somewhere for 3-4 hours and won''t be around food, aka nail salon appt and then dry cleaners or massage therapist or whatever. another quick snack is the fiber one oats and chocolate bars we have been discussing on here the last 2 weeks. 140 cals and like 10g of fiber and 5g of protein i think. these literally make you want to eat more than one. lisa also likes the all bran bars which sound like they are similar, 120 cals but i read the label and not enough fiber and for 20 more cals i like getting more fiber. i tried the 100 balance bars but they are tiny, not that tasty, and they did not fill me up. so i''d rather have a 180 luna bar and get full off it or a 140 cal fiber one bar and have same results yet tasty. or not ''bar'' related, if you are going somewhere, grab an apple or banana and keep it with you that day. they make great 100 cal snacks. i personally don''t like being hungry or not planning ahead so i typically have one bar in my purse somewhere in case of emergency.

and DJ as the others said, don''t rely on that scale! you said your pants are loose right? might have to buy new jeans soon? that''s progress!! i saw loss in inches and in my clothes before the evil scale even moved at all...it was really weird and it doesn''t make sense to those who like the scale but yep it happens. it''s not uncommon at all. if you want numbers to show progress, keep measuring yourself OR when you go down a size, that''s a number that shows progress!! and seriously...1/2 a bag of alexa fries for breakfast is what? 240 cals? that''s what i am eating right now but in breakfast items, that is what you should be eating or around there...so it''s not a bad thing you had 1/2 a bag of healthy roasted fries for breakfast. i mean sure you could be getting more nutrients in there than just potatoes, lol but that''s the only ''bad'' part about that kind of breakfast that i can really tell. so don''t beat yourself up about imaginary messups!!

i''m having breakfast now, cream of wheat with some brown sugar and 2 pieces of toast with smart balance and coffee. i love this sara lee delightful bread in case i haven''t mentioned it before. it''s a wee bit smaller than the typical big huge pieces of 100 cal bread at the store, but it''s high in fiber and protein, i think 6g of figer and 6g of protein for 2 slices, and 2 slices is 90 cals. and it''s just the right amount when you want bread...not too small and not too much. and it makes great grilled cheese. i get the multigrain because i like nuttier tasting breads but they also have whole wheat and i think a white version. it''s in your regular bread section of the regular ole supermarket!

slept like a baby last nite due to this cold trying to get me, i feel better this am so i think i just need to keep up with the emergenC and rest..and i probably should not workout today but too bad because i am going to eat today and i don''t want to feel a whit of guilt, lol.

oh and lisa, i used to go to this skating place locally and do the hokey pokey too...hahaha....i was always in awe of those who could skate backwards super cool. the local skate place was the teenybopper pickup joint, lol it was pretty funny...''hey that guy over there is cute, is he looking at me''...then you''d skate around all noncholantly, omg the memories.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep I think thats the one Ellen!!! He was quite cute actually
3.gif
I have his guitar gurgling going through my brain now and it won't stop!
6.gif

DJ - you are too cute, what a great pic, thanks for sharing that! You really had a great thing going on with that hair - did you have a permanent too or just use the curling iron???? You must have had some patience to style that every morning! I used to have mine similar and I would dry it upside down and then blast it with spray whilst bending over to get maximum volume - it worked!!!!!!!!
31.gif
6.gif
6.gif

I also used to have various wedge hairstyle variations when I had my hair cut short and used to use the curling iron to make a 'sausage' of hair all around the edge , thought I was the bees knees with that!
32.gif

Also Dee - thritto not worrying about the scales, I haven't weighed in months as I get too frustrated with the variations, if you like to weigh, stick to once a week in the same clothes or sans duds, at the same time of day.

Also I have been really good with my water intake this week, haven't missed my 2 litres a day, how are you doing for water Dee? I really think it makes a difference for so many things and helps with fat loss. I don't know how true this is, but I was reading that once you start burning fat, it may contain old toxins which have been sitting around a while, when you burn it, these toxins are released into the blood. Therefore it is good to keep the water intake up to flush the toxins out and encourage fat burning. Also I rarely feel bloated when I am doing well with the water, a huge plus!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
to add to what lorelei said about water...if anyone is doing an increased fiber diet, drink lots of water. it helps your body efficiently move the fiber through your system, and the fiber picks up things along the way and helps for more efficient digestion. if you do not drink enough water, the fiber will get stuck at various points and could be a pain in the butt...hahah..causing more gas and constipation etc etc...not fun. plus water is just good for you.

on a negative water note, be careful with intake of water. do not drink TOO MUCH. there was a case of someone dying recently in the news because she consumed too much water in one sitting and too fast. i don't know what the 'guidelines' for maximum really are but i guess don't drink a litre in one sitting? who knows. but your body can actually overdose on water. so just be careful with too much water as well.

eta: this article talks about water intoxication:

http://chemistry.about.com/cs/5/f/blwaterintox.htm

looks like it's not drinking too much water all day but too much in one sitting. wow the kidneys can process 15 litres per day...that's a lot of water!! i don't know if my little bladder can keep up!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha ha -- I had second thoughts about posting that pic the instant I hit the submit button so I'm glad you all aren't *horrified* by it, LOL.

Yep, Lorelei, there was indeed a perm going on there along with everything else. And lots of hairspraying upside down too. Geez, what I used to go through...

Merrijoy, it's funny because right before I left yesterday I MADE myself eat a bowl of soup, knowing that even though I wasn't hungry at that point I would be in an hour. Well, I didn't count on the next four hours after that too... But I do try to be good about planning ahead foodwise knowing if I'm heading off somewhere I *will* be hungry so I better take care of it now if I can.

Thanks all for reminding me about the scale. I KNOW you are right, I just have this habit of climbing on every morning, and for the most part it's been a very positive experience. Interestingly enough I've added a function to my spreadsheet that averages my weight over seven days and that has turned out to be, in my opinion, a more accurate thing to watch than the daily fluctuation. For instance, the spreadsheet tells me that *on average* I've lost two pounds a week for the past three weeks (including today's weigh-in) and I do think that's probably pretty close to correct.

My spreadsheet also reflects that I've worked out 5 times this week for over 3,000 cals -- YAY!!!

Anyway, just back from today's adventure at gym. 622 cals on the elliptical, and now I'm heading upstairs to see what the happy hubby is cooking that smells so good...

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/4/2007 1:03:30 PM
Ha ha -- I had second thoughts about posting that pic the instant I hit the submit button so I''m glad you all aren''t *horrified* by it, LOL.

Yep, Lorelei, there was indeed a perm going on there along with everything else. And lots of hairspraying upside down too. Geez, what I used to go through...

Merrijoy, it''s funny because right before I left yesterday I MADE myself eat a bowl of soup, knowing that even though I wasn''t hungry at that point I would be in an hour. Well, I didn''t count on the next four hours after that too... But I do try to be good about planning ahead foodwise knowing if I''m heading off somewhere I *will* be hungry so I better take care of it now if I can.

Thanks all for reminding me about the scale. I KNOW you are right, I just have this habit of climbing on every morning, and for the most part it''s been a very positive experience. Interestingly enough I''ve added a function to my spreadsheet that averages my weight over seven days and that has turned out to be, in my opinion, a more accurate thing to watch than the daily fluctuation. For instance, the spreadsheet tells me that *on average* I''ve lost two pounds a week for the past three weeks (including today''s weigh-in) and I do think that''s probably pretty close to correct.

My spreadsheet also reflects that I''ve worked out 5 times this week for over 3,000 cals -- YAY!!!

Anyway, just back from today''s adventure at gym. 622 cals on the elliptical, and now I''m heading upstairs to see what the happy hubby is cooking that smells so good...

I thought I could smell a perm....
41.gif

It must be so nice to do your workout and then come home to delicious smells courtesy of the Happy Hubby''s kitchen!
27.gif
27.gif
27.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2007 12:20:16 PM

Also I have been really good with my water intake this week, haven''t missed my 2 litres a day, how are you doing for water Dee? I really think it makes a difference for so many things and helps with fat loss. I don''t know how true this is, but I was reading that once you start burning fat, it may contain old toxins which have been sitting around a while, when you burn it, these toxins are released into the blood. Therefore it is good to keep the water intake up to flush the toxins out and encourage fat burning. Also I rarely feel bloated when I am doing well with the water, a huge plus!
Besides water just being good, I read once that models drink ICE water as it causes your body to rev things up. I guess because it cools you off, and the body is trying to warm you up? Can''t remember the actual reason, just remember reading that.
34.gif

Lorelei, lol at smelling the perm.
9.gif
And yeah, he was kinda cute....

Dj, you were/are a doll, no need to worry about posting your mug.
2.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/4/2007 2:12:56 PM
Author: Ellen

Date: 2/4/2007 12:20:16 PM

Also I have been really good with my water intake this week, haven''t missed my 2 litres a day, how are you doing for water Dee? I really think it makes a difference for so many things and helps with fat loss. I don''t know how true this is, but I was reading that once you start burning fat, it may contain old toxins which have been sitting around a while, when you burn it, these toxins are released into the blood. Therefore it is good to keep the water intake up to flush the toxins out and encourage fat burning. Also I rarely feel bloated when I am doing well with the water, a huge plus!
Besides water just being good, I read once that models drink ICE water as it causes your body to rev things up. I guess because it cools you off, and the body is trying to warm you up? Can''t remember the actual reason, just remember reading that.
34.gif

Lorelei, lol at smelling the perm.
9.gif
And yeah, he was kinda cute....

Dj, you were/are a doll, no need to worry about posting your mug.
2.gif
Hehehe...! I have just finished my workout, to further this week''s ''70''s theme, I watched ''54 with Mike Myers, Ryan Phillipe, and Salma Hayek, nice duds and ''dos in that movie too!
41.gif

I burned 684 cals in 45 mins so not bad! That was a tough workout though, the resistance kicks in BIGTIME on that programme!
face8.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I''m so super snacky today! I think the problem is I have NOTHING to do and it''s making me so restless. I actually considered going back to the gym and doing antoher hour on the elliptical this afternoon but I talked myself out of it.

So far, in addition to Alexia fries for breakfast and a bowl of the happy hubby''s pasta sauce for lunch (which is really a lean beef and vegetable concoction that you *could* put over pasta, LOL), I''ve also had a 100 cap pack of pecan sandie cookies dipped in 60 cals of sugar free hot chocolate, and now a 100 cal pack of popcorn.

I''m trying not to eat anything else before dinner, which will be lefter over chicken in mediterrean olive sauce from last night, but everything in the pantry seems to be screaming my name right now!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ive done that before dee*jay-one day I was really bored and figity and had nothing at all to do so I went back to the gym! Sad!

Well I took all of your advise and I got the chicken skewers which were delicious. We all went to hagen daz afterwards and I resisted all the chocolate temptation and got one scoop of raspberry sorbet and fresh strawberries on top, which was really tasty. It just didnt look as good as the chocolate brownie with hot fudge sauce! I walked into town also which is about 4 miles away so I managed to get another bit of exercise in.

Hope that cold doesnt get you Mara! Im in the same boat-I can feel one coming but it hasnt hit me yet

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Well, today was the 7th day of South Beach diet phase 1! I feel really good and I can tell I have lost weight. I don''t know how much because I would be like DeeJay if I let myself weigh in and they I would get discouraged. So my clothes are looser and I a feeling good. I have also gone on the elliptical every day but Monday. I don''t go on it nearly as long as some of you guys but I am starting to get back in shape. You all are such an inspiration... except for the cake talk
27.gif
2.gif
. Keep up the good work everyone!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is a gorgeous day today so I took my Ipod and went walking for 1 hr!!!! Now I am making your all''s black bean soup recipe!
Thanks for the motivation everyone
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow DeeJay, you look like one of Charlies Angels!!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey DeeJay, are you sure you''re not a super model?? I''m betting time has been good to you and you''re even prettier today than when that picture was taken!
2.gif
And.......don''t let the evil Scale Monster get you down, but don''t have too many french fry morning''s either.........LOL. Actually, as much as we work out and we are really pretty careful with our food, both Charlie and I have noticed a little bit of scale-creep. Now, my pants are looser and my shirts fit better and yet the scale says I''ve gained a couple of pounds. It could be a nature thing. i.e., mother nature is trying to slow our metabolism''s down to put some meat on us for the colder weather (one possibility), or the fact that we''ve been working out harder and adding more free weights and heavier weights in general indicates we''ve built some more muscle, which weighs more than fat (another possibility). But the point is as long as we''re working out hard and eating healthy and our clothes fit just fine, we''re just not going to let the evil Scale-Monster get us down!!

Mara, the dinner you and Greg had surely sounds like it made up for the crappy meal the night before. I love Cioppino. It takes a really good restaurant to make a good seafood stew. So often, the seafood is over cooked, blech, but when it''s good, it''s a wonderful thing to behold!!

We met our realtor for lunch earlier and then we went to a cool store to look at hanging pendant lights for the new condo and ceiling fans. We found some really neat things. If we could just get that darn condo in Tampa off our backs, we could move on with our life. Woudn''t any of you wonderful PSer''s be interested in a fantastic 3 bedroom, 3.5 bath, 4 balcony $1,250,000, 3012 square foot condo on Tampa Bay in a beautiful new building with super amenities - including a full fitness center, pool, movie theatre, spa, steam baths, card room, catering kitchen, billiard room and large club room for entertaining?

Then of course we went to they gym for a nice long workout. I woke up all stuffy this morning and I actually didn''t feel too good. Kind of like a cold was coming on, but after the workout, I felt great. Now, I feel fine and there isn''t a hint of anything brewing in my head or chest. I truly believe exercise can stop something like a cold from taking hold. At least it has for me and since I''ve been working out (NOCK WOOD, MY HEAD OR ANY OTHER SUERSTITIOUS SURFACE) I have not had a single cold in over 1.5 years!!
36.gif
36.gif

Tomorrow, is our only other no gym day of the week, so we''ll have a great (hopefully) sushi dinner at our second favorite sushi place, Waraji. As long as you know there are rolls they make that are not on the menu, you can have a really exceptional meal. One in particular is called the Scary Jerry. The menu is rather limited though, so knowing about the alternative options is really cool. Speaking of cool, it''s going to get REAL cold over the next couple of days. I''m not sure I''m ready for temps in the teens, but it should only last a few days and then more moderate temps will come again. Supposedly, by the end of February, springtime will be in the air and we''ll be treated to four months of truly wonderful weather.

Hope you all had a great weekend. Miss Lorelei, you are likely sound asleep as I type this, but I''m looking forward to your inspirational week opening thoughts!!

To a great week everyone!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/4/2007 7:50:41 PM
Author: Rod
Hey DeeJay, are you sure you''re not a super model?? I''m betting time has been good to you and you''re even prettier today than when that picture was taken!
2.gif
And.......don''t let the evil Scale Monster get you down, but don''t have too many french fry morning''s either.........LOL. Actually, as much as we work out and we are really pretty careful with our food, both Charlie and I have noticed a little bit of scale-creep. Now, my pants are looser and my shirts fit better and yet the scale says I''ve gained a couple of pounds. It could be a nature thing. i.e., mother nature is trying to slow our metabolism''s down to put some meat on us for the colder weather (one possibility), or the fact that we''ve been working out harder and adding more free weights and heavier weights in general indicates we''ve built some more muscle, which weighs more than fat (another possibility). But the point is as long as we''re working out hard and eating healthy and our clothes fit just fine, we''re just not going to let the evil Scale-Monster get us down!!

Ha ha, Rod you are TOO cute! Yes, that''s me, Dee the Super Model! And honestly, I *do* feel more attractive now than I did twenty years ago at 16, so thank you for that too!

Anyway, *something* had invaded my body today--evil space aliens perhaps?--and I have been BAD to a degree that I have not been BAD for a long long time. Today I had reached 1300+ calories before we ever got to the dinner table, and then I dug into the box of provisions that I keep in the car for my clients and had FIVE GHIRADELLI SQUARES. OMG!!! I should be beaten!!! I am obviously done eating for the day and I''m going to get into bed with a good book RIGHT NOW to make sure I don''t even wander into the kitchen again for the rest of the night!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/4/2007 8:11:03 PM

Date: 2/4/2007 7:50:41 PM
2.gif

Ha ha, Rod you are TOO cute! Yes, that''s me, Dee the Super Model! And honestly, I *do* feel more attractive now than I did twenty years ago at 16, so thank you for that too!

Anyway, *something* had invaded my body today--evil space aliens perhaps?--and I have been BAD to a degree that I have not been BAD for a long long time. Today I had reached 1300+ calories before we ever got to the dinner table, and then I dug into the box of provisions that I keep in the car for my clients and had FIVE GHIRADELLI SQUARES. OMG!!! I should be beaten!!! I am obviously done eating for the day and I''m going to get into bed with a good book RIGHT NOW to make sure I don''t even wander into the kitchen again for the rest of the night!

That wasn''t as bad as you might think. It was only about 260 calories. Just vow to work out harder tomorrow at the gym and add a couple minutes to your treadmill/elliptical time!!
31.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Good evening all. I am just so proud of myself for the restraint I have shown over the past few days. I am a stress eater (just like my mom who gained 8 lbs. in the 3 weeks following my grandfather''s death) but I have managed to avoid overeating this week. My calorie intake is on average 1550 a day. I am just so darn excited, this is a huge feat for me. I didn''t expect to be as sad as I am about my MIL''s passing for several reasons, but it has really hit me hard and I''ve still managed to keep my hands away from the cupboards/junk food.

We''ve decided to go out to dinner tomorrow night as a reward for the class that I''m taking coming to an end as it has been absolute torture and I am not even going to feel guilty for my food choices as I have been so good and on track. We also have to select a casket and handle burial arrangements tomorrow, which probably won''t leave either of us inspired to cook dinner.

I got on the scale this morning and am at 132.8. That''s pretty darn good!

Hope everyone enjoyed the superbowl and is ready to gear up for a new week.

~K

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/4/2007 10:26:55 PM
Author: KimberlyH
Good evening all. I am just so proud of myself for the restraint I have shown over the past few days. I am a stress eater (just like my mom who gained 8 lbs. in the 3 weeks following my grandfather''s death) but I have managed to avoid overeating this week. My calorie intake is on average 1550 a day. I am just so darn excited, this is a huge feat for me. I didn''t expect to be as sad as I am about my MIL''s passing for several reasons, but it has really hit me hard and I''ve still managed to keep my hands away from the cupboards/junk food.

We''ve decided to go out to dinner tomorrow night as a reward for the class that I''m taking coming to an end as it has been absolute torture and I am not even going to feel guilty for my food choices as I have been so good and on track. We also have to select a casket and handle burial arrangements tomorrow, which probably won''t leave either of us inspired to cook dinner.

~K
I am proud of you and want to congratulate you on keeping away from bad eating during your tough time. It is easy to turn to food during tough times and you''ve done great to avoid that temptation!!! You enjoy that dinner out tomorrow night!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2007 10:42:28 PM

Date: 2/4/2007 10:26:55 PM
Author: KimberlyH

~K
I am proud of you and want to congratulate you on keeping away from bad eating during your tough time. It is easy to turn to food during tough times and you''ve done great to avoid that temptation!!! You enjoy that dinner out tomorrow night!!

Thanks Rod, I will! I never thought it would be DH comforting me during this time (it should be the other way around!). Food is such a comfort for some, it''s hard to stay away. We were confined to her room for 14 hours on Friday with a few breaks, one of which involved me running home to pick us up some food and I picked healthy items up instead of the candy DH keeps stocked, it was a difficult choice on my part, but definitely the right one.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha DJ you weren''t the only bad one today!! i can''t even BEGIN to count what i ate this afternoon at the superbowl party we were at. there was SO much fabulous food. first off sangria, i had a few glasses and then a few more, hahaha. it was divine and white sangria is my favorite. and then there were like 3 diff types of dips and my 7 layer and a fresh guacamole, sausage queso....tamales...salsas and the ultimate death of me, a chocolate fountain!! i typically don''t like these types of things because i have had them before and the chocolate is always sub-par for me and really not very tasty, but my friend mixed dark with milk and it came out wonderful. still not as good as la fondue bittersweet but it was yum. then after eating a bunch of things, more and more people kept coming with more stuff! there was chili and this yummy looking olive salad with garlic and shrimp and dip that i didn''t even ever touch because i was too full! but i don''t feel too guilty because (a) i was at the gym today and burned 480 cals and (b) the scale registered another pound less than last time i weighed in which was thursday...so if one or two lbs comes on and off it doesn''t really bother me now that i am working out again and on a good eating schedule (Typically!). one splurgey day doesn''t mean it packs 5 lbs on. the funny thing is that after i was ballooned out from food i weighed myself on my friend''s scale just for kicks (weighed myself at the gym earlier) and her scale said the same thing! i was like haha after eating all that food, it felt like 5 lbs of food or something.

anyway, it was fun to have a really bad day but man i am still full. we didn''t even have dinner because we were basically just snacking continuously from 2pm til 8pm...hehe. but i''m glad i got to the gym today, it was actually pretty crowded when i went this morning which was surprising. it seems like the whole jan 1st new years resolution crowd is still hanging around which is good for them but bad for the rest of us since the machines are still pretty crowded during the week nights...!

kudos bee on being good at the restaurant and haagen daaz!! i don''t know that i''d be that strong, hehe. and kimberly kudos on not stress eating...! that''s a big deal for sure.

anyway: re being snacky...for me that kind of can come and go...sometimes it''s not worth it to try and try to deprive yourself if you really want something...but other times i try to think, okay i am not HUNGRY....so why do i feel the need to chew on something and eat something? sometimes just trying to think through why you really want something can help stop a craving to eat. but sometimes that doesn''t work ...haha. so in any case, don''t beat yourself up, we all have good days and bad days, bad weeks, whatever. it''s the long-term goals and committments that matter.

in any case, have a great night everyone and see you on next week''s thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results