shape
carat
color
clarity

Week 23 - Share Photos: Favorite Hair Photo

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
would love to see how you wore your hair on your wedding days. if you haven't got a good pic of your own hair, please feel free to share that of anyone else attending your wedding.

remember: please share only ONE photo per weekly thread.

ETA: oh DisneyBride - I'm SO sorry. I just remembered we were going to do OMG photos this week. I promise that we'll do that thread when I come back from vacation. at least I promise I'll try to remember. you'll have to help remind me.

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
I have very thin hair and not a lot of it, so I opted for a fake pony tail with a few big curls in it.

noelwrhairbrush.jpg

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I
30.gif
'd my hair... and it stayed put from 2pm all the way until 3am! This isn't the best close-up pic, but it shows a great angle.

meresalwedding72509.199.jpg

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s my wedding hair. The lavender was picked fresh that morning. Hvar is known for its lavender fields, so it felt very natural to wear it in my hair.
30.gif

lvs wedding hair 6-5-09.jpg

meresal

Ideal_Rock
LV- I wore a fresh gardenia in my hair all night... isn't there something that is just heavenly about wearing a fresh flower?! Everytime someone asks about flowers for their hair, I always recommend they wear something real. It feels so fresh and romantic.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Here''s my hair, I didn''t really have any good shots and looking back I kind of wish I had worn it down after spending a whole year growing it out lol

smurfysweddinghair.jpg

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Here are mine. Yes, two photos, but show my hair differently. I made them "one photo", so I didn''t cheat.
9.gif
2.gif

weddinghairs.jpg

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
sneaky little BeachRunner
2.gif

Loves Vintage - how come you got married in Croatia?

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Here''s mine

pl1226favhair1.jpg

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Meresal - That's some good advice! I love the way you wore your gardenia! I couldn't agree more - fresh, lovely and romantic! I wish I had more occasions to wear flowers in my hair.

9.gif

Noel - We had no real reason for getting married in Croatia. We wanted to elope, and I always wanted to get married in a national park and also always wanted to go to Plitvice Lakes in Croatia, so we were going to combine the two, but ultimately decided to get married in Hvar. We still spent a few days in Plitvice, though. It was so beautiful. Anway, we also considered Australia, New Zealand, Finland and Turkey, so it was ultimately a fairly random choice!

I know you travel a lot - have you been to Croatia?

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
beautiful hair ladies - I love the fresh flowers!:)

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
hi LV, no I''ve never been to Croatia, but I see it more and more in travel magazines so I think it''s becoming a popular European summer spot.

blackpolkadot

Shiny_Rock
LOVED my hair! It took forever to take down though!

bpdhair.JPG

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2010 2:43:54 PM
Author: blackpolkadot
LOVED my hair! It took forever to take down though!

wow - that''s intricate :) it''s beautiful!

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
i love this one from the back!

favehairmod12.png

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I hardly have any decent pictures of my hair, but I especially loved the way it looked under my veil. It was a really loose bun type thing on the lower part of the back of my head. No curlers were used, she just sort of pinned it up. I wanted something soft and romantic.

cstekhairshot.jpg

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I loved my hair until we did our first look pics up on the roof and my bangs got all gross looking. LOL.

the gals-030.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
love my hairdresser!!!

v3hairdo.jpg

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aww everyone looks so pretty! Here''s mine.

hair flower hh.JPG

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just wore my hair down like I always do so it wasn''t anything fancy. However, my stylist was amazing and put in some awesome extensions that didn''t make it longer, but they made it look so much thicker. I loved it!

HavensFavHairpicps.jpg

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
love your hair sunny d . that flower is beautiful!

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/22/2010 1:50:48 PM
Author: Clairitek
I hardly have any decent pictures of my hair, but I especially loved the way it looked under my veil. It was a really loose bun type thing on the lower part of the back of my head. No curlers were used, she just sort of pinned it up. I wanted something soft and romantic.

Clairitek, I''m pretty sure I saved another photo you''ve uploaded for hair inspiration. You had your head tilted down because you were packing your bag. I think you were in a kitchen with a chalkboard? I loved the gorgeous view we had of your hair in that pic
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
So elegant...

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
violet3 - that is beautiful. is that ALL your own hair??? I am jealous.

Hudson_Hawk - pretty flower. were you ordering in pizza?
3.gif

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/9/2010 5:11:55 AM
Author: noelwr
violet3 - that is beautiful. is that ALL your own hair??? I am jealous.

Hudson_Hawk - pretty flower. were you ordering in pizza?
3.gif
Hey thanks Noel! I have a TON of hair, and i was really glad my hairdresser was able to work with it :) i love my hairdresser :)

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
I picked my hair dresser because it was the woman who owned the place where my mom gets her hair done. It was the part of my own appearance I was least pleased with. I wanted something fancy since I didn''t have a veil and because my DH loves my hair and it came out remarkably similar to Belle''s in the ballroom scene of Beauty and the Beast. And while that was my favorite Disney movie, not quite what I was going for. I wanted a loose french herringbone on the sides that became a herringbone "rose" or bun at the back, but the lady couldn''t do it right and simplified it.

It is hard to see, but the bottom is curled and goes almost to my waist.

1390s.jpg

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
Here was my test run. I tucked my veil in underneath the knot.

I''m with violet, my hair is so long and thick, I''m just glad they were able to do anything with it. I often feel like cutting it all off, but it took so long to grow out that I just don''t know how I''d feel about letting go of it.

15008512597434518104700.jpg

Pushin40

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/25/2010 6:00:00 PM
Author: violet3
love my hairdresser!!!
Violet3 - I have some SERIOUS hair envy!
You are now in my "potential wedding hair styles" file....I think I can achieve this look with some clip on hair extensions!

Beautiful!
30.gif
30.gif
This is exaclty the half/up half/down look I want!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is really the only good hair pic I have!

PShairpic.jpg

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2010 3:46:22 AM
Author: Echidna

Date: 4/22/2010 1:50:48 PM
Author: Clairitek

Clairitek, I''m pretty sure I saved another photo you''ve uploaded for hair inspiration. You had your head tilted down because you were packing your bag. I think you were in a kitchen with a chalkboard? I loved the gorgeous view we had of your hair in that pic
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
So elegant...
Just saw this! Thanks for the sweet comments. That picture is actually my FB profile pic right now!I stuck that one in the favorite bride photo thread in week 5! Didn''t even consider it for this thread because it didn''t show the details.

I actually used Hudson_Hawk''s hair trial pictures as my inspiration. While it came out looking not as intricate, I was appreciate that she was able to nail the look I wanted and have someone execute it so I could show my hairdresser.

Here is HH''s hair trial thread.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results