shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Websites

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
Ok so in my STD question thread a bunch of you are referencing the use of a wedding website...I was going to ask in that thread but though that maybe it deserved a thread of it''s own...
1.gif

I know that theknot.com has a website to post information for your guests....and there''s weddingwindow.com, but what else is there?

What did you use and why? I''m sure there has to be a ton of choices...How did you make your decision?

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I chose www.wedorama.com. I liked the variety of layouts it gave me, the fact that we got our own URL (mynameandhisname.com), and I thought the cost was reasonable. My guests seem to like it so far!

Winslet

Shiny_Rock
I just went with the knot because it''s free I''ve been using their checklist all along. Although they don''t have tons and tons of templates, they had one that reflects my style and personality perfectly.

blackpolkadot

Shiny_Rock
I used wedding wire. It''s free and they give you several choices for backgrounds. You can also customize the links, which I liked. And I liked that I could put music on the website. They also have other features, like vendor reviews, an image galley, etc.

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
I second wedding wire! You can put or delete any pages for any information that you want for your guests. You can tweak the source code for more control, and it''s all free!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 5:36:36 PM
Author: kittybean
I chose www.wedorama.com. I liked the variety of layouts it gave me, the fact that we got our own URL (mynameandhisname.com), and I thought the cost was reasonable. My guests seem to like it so far!

I used WedShare for the same reasons kittybean picked Wedorama.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I use Xbuild after a friend recommended it. It pretty much lets you do whatever you want with your website, no set format like some of the sites (though it definitely has some templates to get you started). For $20 a year you can even get it without ads. I thought this was totally worth it, but my friend didn't and her website still looks great. You hardly notice the ads. I decided on this after looking at a bunch of wedding website hosted pages because I really wanted to just create my own page and not have it be so obviously wedding-y.

ETA: Our URL is http://ourweddingwebsite.xbuild.com. It's not as nice as some URLs, but much better than others.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I''m on mywedding.com. I looked at a few free ones and their designs matched our ''feel'' best.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 6:23:11 PM
Author: CDNinNYC

Date: 2/25/2009 5:36:36 PM
Author: kittybean

I used WedShare for the same reasons kittybean picked Wedorama.
I am using Weddingwindow.com for the same reasons that CDNinNYC and Kittybean are using wedorama and Wedshare.

I LOVE weddingwindow.com - It was super easy to set up our website. It can be as comprehensive or as simple as I wanted and they had so many options to choose from.

Our guests love our wedding website and for me it''s really easy to maintain if I want to make changes etc. - totally user friendly and looks terrific!!

I think some of them have "trial" periods. If I remember correctly weddingwindow does. If you want to give them a test run, possibly taking advantage of the trial periods might be an idea so that you can see which works best for you.

sweetjettagirl04

Shiny_Rock
I am using www.mywedding.com

They have different designs, you choose what you put on everything, and it''s free. You just choose the name you want. For example, ours is www.mywedding.com/sweetjettagirlandmrsweetjettagirl (obviously not really our site!) I like it because you can upload a map, pictures, music, etc., and pretty much have a page for everything going on, even things for the guests to do around town.

I''m pretty happy with it, easy to set up, free, and easily navigated by those who are not so computer saavy.
emwink.gif

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
These are some great ideas!! I''m not very computer saavy (meaning there''s no way I can go about designing my own template)...but I''m pretty picky on what I''m looking for so the more choices the better.
9.gif

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
I used weddingtrackers. com and I love it! I also used a knot discount code and paid 30$ instead of 60$ for the year.

tropiqalkiwi

Shiny_Rock
Another free wedding website is brides.com.

You get a fairly nice url - brides.youandfinance.com - and you can customize all the content. I don''t know how many background templates they have, but the features are all very easy to use, and turn out looking really good.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 6:39:52 PM
Author: ilovethiswebsite
I used weddingtrackers. com and I love it! I also used a knot discount code and paid 30$ instead of 60$ for the year.
I did this with wedorama! It was a similar price ($30-35 for the year).

katamari

Ideal_Rock
You could also start a blog, if you don''t want to do anything complicated. Word press and Blogspot are both free sites and are super easy to update.

I would wholly recommend using any of these other services over The Knot. I got an STD from friends of ours the other day, and the URL is so complicated that I could never just visit it. If you have something like yournamehisname.com, your family and friends might remember. But, if it is theknot.com/weddings/ah0rlfhskfher08hfshferwrou080834, not so much (this is not the real site, btw, just some button mashing to get my point across--their web address is actually more complicated than that).

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
we went with wedding wire as well
my favorite part is that you can have a page where guests can request a song to be played at the wedding :) we also have ours linked up with a wordpress blog (that i NEVER update and got a lecture from my aunt about today lol she checks for updates a LOT!)

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 6:12:05 PM
Author: choro72
I second wedding wire! You can put or delete any pages for any information that you want for your guests. You can tweak the source code for more control, and it''s all free!
I third wedding wire. Here is why:

1. Its FREE
9.gif

2. Its really easy to use and has nice templates.

3. It has so many other features than the website, including vendor reviews, which has been EXTREMELY helpful for me

4. I really love the built in checklist and appt scheduler, excellent for Type-A''s like me
2.gif

Which ever you choose I am sure it will be good, so have fun with it!

PS The website makes a great fiance job...

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 2:04:23 AM
Author: Smurfysmiles
we went with wedding wire as well
my favorite part is that you can have a page where guests can request a song to be played at the wedding :) we also have ours linked up with a wordpress blog (that i NEVER update and got a lecture from my aunt about today lol she checks for updates a LOT!)
Smurfy...How do I get that page? I was looking at pages that I could add and I didn''t see anything about reception music. That would be a great way to get guests involved
9.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 6:39:52 PM
Author: ilovethiswebsite
Ditto. It's been great! I was also big on getting the personal URL... "meandhim2009.com"

dreaming of the day

Shiny_Rock
We are building our own completely from scratch - I shouldn''t say we as it is really just my fiance
28.gif

It isn''t free though - It costs about $25/month for our domain name. We didn''t feel that any of the templates on other sites fit us though - and my fiance might want to start a side business of website design so it will be good advertising when people ask about our site.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results