shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Venue

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
I am at York - in clinical child psych. They don''t have my program at U of T which is too bad...

We wanted to have destination wedding as well but we can only get married in summer (since my bro is away for the school year) at the costs were just too high... We had our hearts set on Manzanillo originally (my parents have a condo there) but again, it was just too $ for guest and us... boogus. Dominican I think will have much better deals and direct flights all year long...

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
It sounds like we have a lot in common. My background is in psychology too. I did my undergrad at U of T and I'm currently completing my M.A in counselling psychology part-time through University of Calgary. U of T didn't offer a part-time program
38.gif
Like you, I also have an interest in children - I work with 5-18 year olds (love my job).

I asked this in the other thread (TO and surrounding brides), but when are you getting married?

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
wicked!!! hehehe.

we are getting married next june.. we are looking to book for june 28th.

so are you courses mainly online? that is soo cool and practical. gradschool kinda gets in the way of having a life sometimes...

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
oh by the way where do you work, if you don''t mind me asking? i may be doing a practica there in the future!

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/6/2008 10:04:06 PM
Author: pocahontas

style="WIDTH: 98.91%; HEIGHT: 1px">We're still trying to decided whether we'll get married in April or May/08 and we're still deciding on the hotel.
Duh - I gues since April and May/08 have already passed this isn't very accurate
37.gif
We're deciding on an April or May/09 wedding
41.gif

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Yep, most of my courses are delivered on-line. However, the past two July's I spent in Calgary completing the face-to-face requirement of the program. This is the first July in the last couple years that I've been at home. Also, I have two practicum to complete and for both I will need to fly out West for two weekends/practicum. You're right that grad school gets in the way sometimes...I'm finding it so difficult to remain focused on school and work when all I want to do is plan my wedding and read PS
31.gif
How long have you been in the city?

I work in Peel at a children's mental health organization. In what area are you looking to complete your practicum?

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/7/2008 9:36:59 AM
Author: pocahontas
Yep, most of my courses are delivered on-line. However, the past two July''s I spent in Calgary completing the face-to-face requirement of the program. This is the first July in the last couple years that I''ve been at home. Also, I have two practicum to complete and for both I will need to fly out West for two weekends/practicum. You''re right that grad school gets in the way sometimes...I''m finding it so difficult to remain focused on school and work when all I want to do is plan my wedding and read PS
31.gif
How long have you been in the city?

I work in Peel at a children''s mental health organization. In what area are you looking to complete your practicum?
hewow. I have been so preoccupied with wedding planning... thankfully I have also been sicky sick so it has been a good way to distract myself.

I am actually just finishing up an assessment practicum at a children''s mental health centre in Etobicoke. hehehe. small world. I am going to be doing a therapy practicum starting in september in Milton.

I have been here for 3 years now ... I did my Master''s here too.

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Lol - it really is a small world. It'd be funny if we've actually crossed paths and not known it. Milton, huh? That'll be a bit of commute, but worth it I'm sure
9.gif

It looks like we'll be planning our weddings at the same time so that'll be fun - I'm looking forward to reading about your journey to the alter.

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
hehehe tell me about it... Milton is farrrrrrrr but it''s a great place to work and exactly what i was looking for...

indeed we shall be planning our weddings at the same time... i guess we should stop using this forum as our persona chat room huh?! hhehehe. whooops.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results