shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding venue suggestions Cali?

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Ladies,
I recently got engaged and my fiance is from los angelos. We are considering having the wedding in california but as I live on the east coast I have having trying to gather research online about wedding venues. While I am primarily looking at socal locations I am open to venues in other parts as well. I was wondering if anyone knew of any good locations?

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Are you interested in having it in Los Angeles proper, or some of the areas outside of LA? Santa Barbara is really nice and a bit outside of LA. There's the beach and a bit of a wine country.

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
I am open to areas outside of LA itself. I have only been to Santa Barbara once but I loved the relaxed environment. I will def look into it. Thanks :)

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I spent 5 years in Santa Barbara for college and grad school, so let me know if you have any questions :)

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
Can you describe the type or feel of the wedding you want (e.g. garden, beach, vintage, church, etc...)? If you want beach I would recommend Santa Barbara as others have or also Orange County and San Diego. Do you want outdoors or indoors? Budget or the sky's the limit? Something to help us narrow down the hundreds of thousands of venues to a thousand.

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
In LA County, I would suggest La Venta Inn (which, despite its name is not a hotel, just an event venue run be a phenomenal caterer).

http://www.laventa.com/default.aspx

Wayfarer's Chapel is also beautiful. The biggest drawback is that the reception would have to be at a different site.

http://www.wayfarerschapel.org/

If there is a specific feel or theme you're going for, I might be able to suggest other venues. Hope this helps.

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
While the budget isnt set in stone we would like to stay under 30k for the cost of the entire wedding for about 200 guests. My fiance and I love the beach and while we dont want to get married right on the sand it would be nice to have an ocean view or a really pretty garden of some sort. Some place with a romantic and elegant feel to it.

Ladybug1

Shiny_Rock
Hi, I live in LA but grew up in OC.....there is a place called "tivoli terrace" or "tivoli too" in Laguna Beach, Laguna is gorgeous and my fiancé and I are thinking of having ours there!

OEClover

Rough_Rock
If you haven't already found it, I really liked www.herecomestheguide.com when I was searching for my venue. It gives really nice information about each venue - including costs, number of people that can fit inside or outside, catering limitations, time limitations, and more. You can also narrow the search by venue type - I was looking for a historic venue, so it helped not having to look at every venue when most weren't what I was looking for. I like the site much more than the Knot's venue lists because they give you so much more information. Another way to search is on yelp - you can do a search and then limit it to "venue and event spaces" which I appreciated.

I don't have any information about southern California, but if you are interested in a historic venue in northern California I can definitely suggest some! Good luck!

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
OEClover|1311652942|2976876 said:
If you haven't already found it, I really liked www.herecomestheguide.com when I was searching for my venue. It gives really nice information about each venue - including costs, number of people that can fit inside or outside, catering limitations, time limitations, and more. You can also narrow the search by venue type - I was looking for a historic venue, so it helped not having to look at every venue when most weren't what I was looking for. I like the site much more than the Knot's venue lists because they give you so much more information. Another way to search is on yelp - you can do a search and then limit it to "venue and event spaces" which I appreciated.

I don't have any information about southern California, but if you are interested in a historic venue in northern California I can definitely suggest some! Good luck!

I have never been to northern california but I heard its really pretty! If you know of any pretty locations there I would absolutely love to hear about it. I actually just stumbled upon www.herecomestheguide.com the other day and it seems like a great site ! Thanks so much :)

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
As far as norcal....napa is beautiful, but can be expensive. The Berkeley Botanical gardens is beauiful and can be priced reasonably. Went to a wedding there and it was lovely.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got married in Nor Cal. Unfortunately the place I got married was bought by another vineyard and they are no longer doing weddings there (I was so sad to hear that).

But ANYWAY... there are a TON of places. What do you want? How many people are you thinking of hosting? How close to an airport do you want the location? All indoors? Indoors and Outdoors? What season?

For a vineyard wedding that does not cost the earth you can look in the LIvermore Valley. That's where I got married, and it is within 40 minutes of a n airport, for Cali it's within okay distance of the BART, and it's beautiful for most of the year.

Many people love Wente. I would recommend them if you don't want total control over your menu and have less than 100 guests. Elliston in Sunol is another to consider, it's right next to Livermore, but the vineyard itself is older and more scenic than most. http://www.elliston.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=55

If you have a bigger crowd... http://www.herecomestheguide.com/northern-california/wedding-venues/casa-real-at-the-ruby-hill-winery/ or http://www.herecomestheguide.com/northern-california/wedding-venues/palm-event-center-in-the-vineyard/

If you like the coast look in Half moon Bay. And there is the Chart House in Pacifica.

If you want something IN the city, the city hall is BEAUTIFUL in SF, so is Fort Meyers (a park), and there is a fabulous vegetarian restuarant named Greens there.

You can rent trolley's. The weather can be uncertain. But in general you are best off in mid to late spring and early to mid Autumn. Summer is really risky in the city proper.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks centralsquare for your suggestion! Gypsy those are really great venues thanks so much for all your help. You have def given me some great choices to look into :) :). We are expecting around 150 guests most of which are not from cali so close proximity to the airport and hotels might be important. Unless we provide transportation from the hotel to the ceremony.. another added cost :(

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Berkeley isn't too far from Oakland airport. Guests can take BART or a shuttle that isn't too expensive.

OEClover

Rough_Rock
I currently live in Berkeley, and it's a beautiful area, and you can get from the San Francisco Airport to Berkeley easily on Bart (same thing with the Oakland Airport). Another place to think about is Sacramento - not quite as cosmopolitan as San Francisco, it also has some great locations and just about everything is cheaper. One place in Sac to think about is the Citizen Hotel - they have an tented area on the top floor with gorgeous views of the capital.

Since the Kohl Mansion was mentioned, I thought I'd also bring up my wedding venue- Ralston Hall (www.ralstonhall.com). It's in Belmont, which is outside of San Francisco. It's pricey as well, but is perfect if you are looking for a victorian mansion.

Napa/Sonoma have a number of wineries that are beautiful spaces to get married as well, it just depends on what type of venue/atmosphere you are looking for.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Belmont is super close to SFO too, making it also a good choice! There's a golf course in Burlingame (Crystal Springs) that I'd imagine is pretty nice!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Orinda is near Oakland Airport, Burlingame is near SFO and Villa Monivallo is near San Jose Airport.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results