shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Timing/Theme/Colours

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Erinleigh

Shiny_Rock
Hello fellow LIWs!
I've been spending my morning avoiding work and ogling wedding photos online and it got me thinking about what I'd like in my wedding! Has anyone started thinking about what time of year they'd like to be married, and what their wedding colours or bridesmaid dresses or themes might be? Just thought this could be a fun post to pass the time while I wait for FF to propose, lol!

I've always had my heart set on a Fall wedding (think first weekend in October where the foliage here in Ontario changes awesome colours!). I'd LOVE my colours to be something like eggplant purple and champagne gold. But another part of me thinks it'd be awesome to get married in the summer so my colours could be vibrant greens and blue!
30.gif

Please tell me I'm not the only one this far ahead of myself, lol!

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
You are not alone! I started daydreaming about color schemes and wedding details before I had LIW-itis! I can''t decide between having a wedding in the fall or the spring either. I don''t like extreme weather conditions and I can''t imagine making the future husband-to-be wear a tux in the middle of summer. Unless we decide to have a beach wedding...in that case the guys would be able to wear khakis and sandals!

My favorite color is green so I would love to have a spring wedding using that color. However in Asian tradition, red is a very lucky color to use in a wedding, but I don''t want my color scheme to reflect Christmas. I also can''t decide if I want a big or small wedding. I love the intimacy a small wedding has but at the same time, I would love to have all my family & friends to be present too. I could go on and on!

Anyway, I just wanted you to know that I completely understand!
9.gif

katomm

Shiny_Rock
Oh definitely. It''s soooooo hot here in FL most of the year so I''d like to get married in February which is one of the few months it''s cool/cold. There''s a meadow that has these three unique trees bunched together and I want it right there. Since I won''t be having a wedding party I''m not too concerned about BMs or anything. I''ll probably just have a simple white bouquet. If I had any color at all I''d go with lavendar/purple probably.

Now.....BF has very specific wants about cake so that will be the challenge. He wants an ice cream cake and I want yellow w/ buttercream. He also wants the logo for his favorite band on it which is fine but trying to get an ice cream wedding cake done like that is going to be near impossible.

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
I definitely know what color scheme I''d like. I am a gigantic fan of grey + yellow together (it''s very J. Crew
1.gif
) so I''d want lots of yellow flowers, bridesmaids in black or grey dresses, guys with yellow ties.

Erinleigh

Shiny_Rock
So glad to hear it''s not just me :) I love planning and organizing things... I just think of the day-dreaming as a head start!

Vip - I''m totally with you on the fall/spring wedding. Extreme weather isn''t fun for planning events around! As for the wedding size, FF and I are back and forth between big wedding at home, or small intimate destination wedding

katomm - The meadow venue sounds gorgeous! Like its right out of a movie... how romantic! As for a wedding ice cream cake, yum! I''ve never seen that before, I suppose as long as it doesn''t sit out during the dinner it would all work out OK

misskitty - I LOVE that colour combo! The grey/black/yellow scheme is SO hot right now (hehe, that reminded me of Zoolander), it''s such a smart, preppy look. I saw a pic recently where the groomsmen had black suits, grey vests with a yellow/grey/white striped tie- it looked awesome!

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
That Hansel, he''s so hot right now
5.gif

letthesunshine

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/11/2009 4:07:49 PM
Author: katomm
Oh definitely. It''s soooooo hot here in FL most of the year so I''d like to get married in February which is one of the few months it''s cool/cold. There''s a meadow that has these three unique trees bunched together and I want it right there. Since I won''t be having a wedding party I''m not too concerned about BMs or anything. I''ll probably just have a simple white bouquet. If I had any color at all I''d go with lavendar/purple probably.

Now.....BF has very specific wants about cake so that will be the challenge. He wants an ice cream cake and I want yellow w/ buttercream. He also wants the logo for his favorite band on it which is fine but trying to get an ice cream wedding cake done like that is going to be near impossible.

Katomm - Maybe your BF can get a groom''s ice cream cake with the band logo and then you can get a traditional yellow w/buttercream wedding cake. It will be the best of both worlds!

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/11/2009 6:45:21 PM
Author: letthesunshine

Katomm - Maybe your BF can get a groom''s ice cream cake with the band logo and then you can get a traditional yellow w/buttercream wedding cake. It will be the best of both worlds!

I was JUST about to suggest that. My cousin had a shape made in the shape of a guitar with fondant sheet music of their wedding song laid over it. It was pretty awesome, not to mention delicious.

As far as wedding planning goes I definitely have some preferences but I also seem to change my mind really often. I''m pretty sure I want a fall wedding near Chicago. Maybe like September or early October. BF and I both like earthy tones so I''m sure our color will be greens or something. Although I''ve also always wanted to have a peacock themed wedding. Classy and understated of course, not like a peacock shaped cake or anything but maybe some feathers in the bouquets and other subtle touches and base the colors off a peacock''s colors. BF knows of this idea and kind of rolls his eyes when I mention it so we''ll see how far it gets haha.

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I have been thinking of this for years! I want a black and white wedding with bright punches of color. I''m going to have the bm''s in black dresses holding different colors of gerber daisies and then use all their colors in my bouquet and through out the tables/venue, etc. And...I''m currently on a short wedding dress kick!

Bjedifish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
oooh I love talking about this and I dreamed about it for years!!! Even now that I am engaged I still love talking about it!! We will be having a late summer wedding and a more formal event. I really wanted my colors to be navy and fuchsia, but my fiancé decided that he really wanted black, so now it will be black and fuchsia and lots of wild flowers of all different colors! I also want bamboo as centerpieces with maybe smaller arrangements around the table. We shall see, we are still in the very early stages of planning!
9.gif
9.gif

katomm

Shiny_Rock
The more I''ve thought about it the more cooking shows we watch, I think we''d be happy if we did a yellow/buttercream cake w/ the band logo on it and then just chocolate ice cream on the side. I don''t care what the cake looks like and I''d rather not have chocolate ice cream. The wedding would be very small so having two cakes wouldn''t make sense.

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Um, yeah, pretty much have the entire thing planned out already...chuckle. Hope my bf likes it - ha ha!!

Just kidding, his is more involved than that! We have a destination that is special to us, so we are going back for our wedding. And, with all my friends getting married and/or engaged lately, we had to set a date so we don''t get "trumped." Soooo...now that we have our date...even though we aren''t "officially" engaged, the planning is so ON!!!

We are 10.10.10 in Puerto Vallarta. Theme is old world, Mexican romance...colors are cream, gold, red...still working on colors.

Having so much fun planning and researching...I am a planning NUT!!

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/11/2009 6:12:37 PM
Author: misskitty
That Hansel, he''s so hot right now
5.gif
Orange Mocha Frappacino!!!!

(that is one of my FAVORITE movies!!)

4ever

Ideal_Rock
I think about it and would love to have a more formed idea to share with BF but if you don''t know what country it will be in, it''s kinda hard to think of the dress or the guests or the colours.

The wedding location is a source of a bit of hurt for FF and I. We live in New Zealand, along with all my friends and most of my family. His parents and friends all live in the UK. His mum is getting on in the years and when BF talked to her about wanting to propose she made it known should would not be flying all the way here for the wedding of her only child. The most important thing to both of us is having our loved ones there to share this with and it''s important to both of us that our parents get to watch us get married.

There seem to be four options:

1) NZ wedding- this would then be a wedding of all my family and none of his, MAYBE one of his mates could afford to fly over for it. A con here is I don''t want a big wedding and one in NZ would mean inviting all the extended family and a very lopsided wedding in terms of brides and grooms guests. pro- I would get to plan the wedding, which I would like to do.

2) England wedding- Mostly his friends and family, MAYBE my parents would fly over for it. They probably would but that''s hardly fair, the plane tickets alone would be horribly expensive. I can''t imagine not having atleast one friend there and they would definatly not be able to come as they''re all students and couldn''t afford to get there. I would be able to plan it (with difficulty) but my mum wouldn''t be there to help me, somthing I was really looking forward to doing with my mum. I just can''t see myself walking down the isel in a country I''ve only been to once.

3) Destenation wedding- some where beachy 1/2 way in between the two countires. However, there''s no garentee his mum would even fly 1/2 way. Would garentee a nice small wedding- BF and I, my parents, his parents, one friend (hopefully) as MOH and one of his as best man. Not knowing or being in the country during planning, we would most likly just pay for a wedding package so it''s all done for us. This means it may not be very ''us'' and I miss out on planning and it could all just go horribly horribly wrong. I can also forsee much of the wedding budget going on flights and accomidation to make sure we get who we want there even if we have to pay for it.

4) Qicky at the town hall- Although this would solve all our wedding issues, I know I''d always regret not getting atleast a small wedding.

Number three seems to be the most appealing option to me right now. I have raised this with FF but last time he just got very upset that his parents wouldn''t make the trip over here for his wedding. It''s really bringing me down and I''ve spent alot of time debating the options with myself. It just seems really unfair, I''d LOVE to be like all of you and thinking about dresses and colours and venues. It just sucks to know before you even have starting planning that it can''t ever be what you want or what you dreamed of.

thatsthegirl212

Rough_Rock
Gosh, I would have to say an early fall wedding, maybe early October when the days and nights are still warm enough to be outside. Since I live on NYC I''m torn between a unique, loft style wedding or a big, luxury hotel type wedding, both equally appeal to me. Wherever I had it I would want city views as I love it here. Definitely an evening wedding. I love fall colors with the vibrant reds, oranges, deep yellows for the flowers but the color theme would be black & white with red thrown in as a splash of color, a deep rich red, not a bright red...
I could go on & on but those are just the basics.

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
I want a spring wedding.
Bf and I started dating on 12-12-05, and it was his idea that we could get married on 05-12-12!
AND it''s a saturday! Perfect! lol.

As far as the color scheme goes, i''ve changed my mind about colors a gillion times! It''s crazy! At this point, I know that I want bright colors. All the bridesmaids in the same color, but slightly different style dresses that are complementary to my bm''s different styles and figures.

I''m having a lot of trouble finding a flower that i love, I have plenty that I like, but not one that I like enough to say "THAT''s my wedding flower!"
It''s a problem lol.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
oooo... see my SO wants a beach wedding because he saw a beautiful one. That is the ONLY one I wouldn't want (I'd rather get married by elvis) I'm not doubting they are lovely but it is SO far from me (personal taste wise.. I HATE the beach). But I'm thinking maybe try and do a pretty outdoors one, like at a park. I would prefer indoors (don't have to worry about mother nature) but if he has his heart set on something outdoors I think it could be lovely.

color scheme/themes... hmmmm I want something with a victorian vintage feel. Like golds, creams, roses, mauves, pinks, like greens (like sage) and maybe a contrast of crimson red to add pop. I don't know what SO would want... I really don't want to do all the deciding I want him to be just as involved. Neways thats a ways away.

Erinleigh

Shiny_Rock
Everyone''s ideas sound so wonderful... it makes it even harder for me to decide on what I think I like the best, lol! I think the biggest problem for me is that I''ve always dreamed of having a fall wedding, but with FF being in med school for the next few years, we wouldnt be able to take a honeymoon right afterwards if that were the case (we''d have to wait until their winter break or reading week in march). So I have to decide between: a) ideal wedding time, postphoned honeymoon or b) wedding in the summer (and I dont really love the heat), honeymoon right after. Anyone have any input on a postphoned honeymoon?

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 11:22:25 AM
Author: Erinleigh
Everyone''s ideas sound so wonderful... it makes it even harder for me to decide on what I think I like the best, lol! I think the biggest problem for me is that I''ve always dreamed of having a fall wedding, but with FF being in med school for the next few years, we wouldnt be able to take a honeymoon right afterwards if that were the case (we''d have to wait until their winter break or reading week in march). So I have to decide between: a) ideal wedding time, postphoned honeymoon or b) wedding in the summer (and I dont really love the heat), honeymoon right after. Anyone have any input on a postphoned honeymoon?
Have you thought of doing a smaller honey moon in the fall and then doing a large one later on in the year

Erinleigh

Shiny_Rock
We've thrown the idea around a little... But we aren't sure how we'd make that work either! If we got married on a Saturday (ideal for us), then wouldn't really be able to head anywhere until the Sunday, and M would have school Monday. Haha, though perhaps I could twist his arm to take of a day or two, I'd have to play the 'we'll only get married once' card, lol!
But that could be a good option... then go somewhere sunny and warm once December ice and snow rolls around!

purselover

Ideal_Rock
We''re thinking about a holiday theme with poinsettas, garland, gingerbread houses, and holly as decorations. For drinks, all classic winter kinds, like holiday wine, eggnong, apple cider, hot buttered rum, pumpkintinis, hot chocolate etc. For dessert red velvet cupcakes, pumpkin cheesecake, and apple pie. We''re also thinking homemade Christmas cookies as favors, or maybe gingerbread bride and grooms.

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock

I went to a wedding in FL in November and the weather was perfect
1.gif
Not too hot!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 12:15:44 PM
Author: Londongirl1

I went to a wedding in FL in November and the weather was perfect
1.gif
Not too hot!
November the weather starts to get really lovely I do love florida winters... but florida summers... yuckyuckYUCK

pluck15

Shiny_Rock
I love this thread! For the longest time I thought I wanted a winter wedding...you know, the whole "winter wonderland" type of feel. But then I actually got smart about it and started thinking, that would probably only be pretty in a place where it could snow in the winter...Not so much here in Sacramento. Winter is just icky here. So now I''m torn between a spring wedding, and a fall wedding.

For spring I would want pastels, yellow, pink, blue, green.....but for fall, I would want deep red, gold, and maybe a shimmery brown. I love the colors of both seasons very much. The changing leaf colors in the fall, and the beautiful blooms in the spring. I guess the outdoor colors are what''s keeping me from deciding. I can''t decide whether I want my outdoor wedding pictures to have a fall background or a spring background.

Has anyone else thought about it in terms of outdoor pictures? The one HUGE thing making me lean towards fall, is that FF says that if I would be open to a fall wedding, then we would be married much sooner!!!!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Eh, I''ve realized I''m pretty apathetic about when we get married. I''d prefer a small DW someplace tropical, but who knows if that will happen. Other than that, I have basically nothing that I really WANT, and could be happy with a variety of locations/colours/dates. What I really want is a short engagement and to show up somewhere and have it be pretty and get married. I don''t want to put actual effort into it.

fuzzers

Shiny_Rock
You''re not alone. Last night I was up late thinking about stuff and suddenly I was like, "Coral! I want coral!" Now to think of an accent color...
37.gif

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
lol definitely have started planning. we''re hoping to get married may 29th. we have started pre-cana with the priest in my town that we want, and he knows where we''d like to get married. before graduation and everyone ran off two of my girls went with me and they picked out the dress style, and i already know the color (oasis at DB) and i got my dress when it was on sale. M knows and fully endorsed all this, now i''m just waiting for my shiny and for M to know whether or not he''s deploying so things can get more official.

Erinleigh

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 6:01:33 PM
Author: fuzzers
You''re not alone. Last night I was up late thinking about stuff and suddenly I was like, ''Coral! I want coral!'' Now to think of an accent color...
37.gif

I''m hoping I''ll have some kind of flash of brilliance where a colour will just pop into my head and the decision will be made! My problem is that I keep looking at pics or other weddings and fall in lover with totally opposite decors, lol!

Erinleigh

Shiny_Rock
Is anyone a fan of Damask? I think I love it... but I dont know if it's too much, lol! I found this inspiration board online and really love the look Green+Damask Inspiration

pluck15

Shiny_Rock
I am the maid of honor in a wedding next may, and that bride loves the damask print. For her save the dates she is doing a damask background in very pale pink on white. It looks really classy.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results