shape
carat
color
clarity

wedding stationery

slg47

Ideal_Rock
where did you get your wedding invitations/save the dates/etc.?

and post pics if you have them!

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
I used Chena Design. The designer is a good friend of mine, but she's been a-mazing to work with. She is opening her Etsy shop by the end of this month. I'm obsessed with her hand-drawn monograms.

If you scroll through her blog, you'll find my Save the Dates and Invitations (which photographed darker than they really are - they're purple!).

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
We don't really need to send invitations because our guest list is so small that we could just give everyone the information (we'll only need about 10 invites). But I like the idea of sending them, plus I'd like to have the keepsake!

I think I want to get these. They don't seem to have a minimum order, plus I just love the design. FI is on board and he likes them. We just need to finalize a ceremony time with our officiant and then we'll probably order them.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooh, I love stationery! I hope you don't mind an old married lady popping in to share!

We ordered our invitations from Crane & Co. They were hand engraved, white on black. The response cards were black on white, of course, but I can't seem to find a picture of them. Here's the invite:
HavensInviteFinalPS2.gif
My mom calligraphied the envelopes:
HavensInvites1.gif
I had one of our invites framed opposite the engraving plate:
havensinviteframed.jpg

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Haven don't be sorry...thanks for sharing :) those are beautiful!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha! Thanks, slg! I was having a hard time with the wedding map. I realized that I left some personal info on there, but mistakenly ended up double posting, and just made a mess of things. At least I figured it out!

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
merilenda, I LOVE those invites! They're so charming and whimsical.

haven, your invite is pure class. But that map! Heavens! I remember your mom did your calligraphy...does she do artistic things professionally?

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
sillyberry|1305781723|2925498 said:
merilenda, I LOVE those invites! They're so charming and whimsical.

haven, your invite is pure class. But that map! Heavens! I remember your mom did your calligraphy...does she do artistic things professionally?
I just scrolled through that blog and I LOVE YOUR INVITATIONS! So beautiful. Your friend is really talented, and her blog is delicious. I'm going to bookmark it right now. (I hope you don't have crashers looking for mashed potatoes at your wedding, by the way . . . :lickout: Mmmm, mashed potatoes.)

My mom is a middle school technology teacher, actually. I wish she would surrender to her creative abilities, but alas she will not. She designs a lot of temple newsletters on the side, which is kind of creative, I suppose. Our joint dream is to open The Haven (an experiential learning retreat) so we can spend our days flitting about from one creative immersion experience to the next. All in good time, all in good time.

Seriously, though, your invites are BEAUTIFUL! Gorgeous calligraphy, too.

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
merilenda|1305778262|2925471 said:
I think I want to get these. They don't seem to have a minimum order, plus I just love the design. FI is on board and he likes them. We just need to finalize a ceremony time with our officiant and then we'll probably order them.

I love those - so cute!!!

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
Haven - wow. Just wow. :love: Those are incredible.

I'm having the hardest time uploading a pic for some reason, but I'll post mine as soon as I figure it out.

Okay, here we go. I got mine from H2Cards, which specializes in Chinese invites.

5735513569_166ebcf9b1.jpg

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
Haven, your mom is so talented! I love looking at stationary, and I'm really liking everyone's picks.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results