shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Stationery!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m trying to do the STD myself but I''m having some problems with printing-I printed on regular paper last night and it came out messed up. I''m going to try again tonight (we don''t have a printer at home) with a different format of file (tif instead of jpg) but do you guys have any suggestions? Where did you print your stuff? Did you have someone else print it?

Any info would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Winslet

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for asking this, I''ve been wondering the same thing myself (sorry I don''t have an answer though!)

PearlDahhhling

Brilliant_Rock
I found the template for my stds/invites/etc online and then saved it to my computer and played around with it a little. Than I put the files on an sd card and took it to Kinkos and printed them out on card stock. I think they turned out great, and they were VERY affordable!

cammy85

Shiny_Rock
When I printed my STDs I printed straight from the photoshop or publisher file. That way I could see exactly how it would be laid out (you can customize the size you need) and arrange it how you want it to print. I don''t know if that helps or not, but that was my personal experience. We printed ours at home on a decent laser printer.

StarbuttsKoffee

Shiny_Rock
FrekeChild : What software you are using and where did you printed it and at what resolution the file is set to?

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/14/2009 4:33:10 PM
Author: PearlDahhhling
I found the template for my stds/invites/etc online and then saved it to my computer and played around with it a little. Than I put the files on an sd card and took it to Kinkos and printed them out on card stock. I think they turned out great, and they were VERY affordable!
Kind of the same thing here. I had all the templates and the cardstock - just no color laser printer. Took everything to Kinkos and got two color copies on thick cardstock and five cuts done for under $100. (Had two invites per one sheet, two inserts per sheet, etc.)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2009 4:36:14 PM
Author: StarbuttsKoffee
FrekeChild : What software you are using and where did you printed it and at what resolution the file is set to?
I created it using photoshop, I don''t know what I used to print it--that computer seemed to only want to open it in the picture format. I had saved and sent it to myself using jpg, so FI suggested using a tif file instead. I just opened it and it said that the proof I made (4 of them on one sheet) was 100kb (that''s the jpg file). The psd file I originally made is still only 136kb and the tif file is 1.31MB. On the tif file it says that the resolution unit is 2.

FI''s other suggestion was to make the first version as big as a piece of paper and then shrink it to fit the size I want.

Suggestions please!!!!

StarbuttsKoffee

Shiny_Rock
I would set the resolution to 300dpi/inch in image/size in Photoshop to get the best print result no matter JPEG or TIFF. and would ask the print shop if they prefer to have the file color set to CMYK or RGB, maybe that would cause differences in color outcome~~ good luck!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Starbutts! I''m going to go tinker with it right now. I will let you know how successful I am later.
2.gif

Izzy03

Brilliant_Rock
I printed PDD and JPEG using photoshop and both were really bad! Microsoft Word, surprisingly printed beautifully! I will have to try changing the resolution in photoshop....

cara

Ideal_Rock
Do you have illustrator? That is preferable for text. If you use photoshop, you can save as a pdf but sometimes photoshop pdfs do weird handling of the text. But try that first. If it is still garbled, you will have to use a bitmap format (JPG or TIF). Try to save in very high resolution - 600 dpi would not be unreasonable - as printers are generally much better than monitors.

I would make everything exactly the size you want it in terms of paper size but with very high resolution. This will help you evaluate how things look in real size, scaling is asking for trouble!

When designing my invites, I printed out dozens and dozens of samples with light guide marks on the outside and cut them down to size to evaluate how they looked in their real size. This is especially useful for figuring out borders and margins. CMYK is for print items while RGB is usually for light ie. monitors. Of course it is hard because even if you set the file to CMYK you will usually be evaluating color on a monitor.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i agree with cara. illustrator is for type, not photoshop. i''d stay away from tiffs and jpgs as well. if printing out of photoshop, i always print psd files. but, again, i don''t do type in photoshop. resolution in photoshop needs to be 300 at full scale for printing. for opening the file, just drag in drop into photoshop and it will open there regardless of what it normally opens in.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t have illustrator.

And one of the problems with the comp that I''m printing from is that it has nothing by way of art programs on it. Otherwise my life would be a bit simpler. Ugh.

It just comes out blurry. It''s all in grayscale with black print for the most part and some medium gray print as well. So color isn''t really a huge concern....

StarbuttsKoffee

Shiny_Rock
FrekeChild : do you need help with fixing your file?
41.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I swear I am bad at this stuff. Thank you ladies for your help! I truly appreciate all it!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results