shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Shoes

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Below are some of the shoes I''m considering b/c 1-they''re from that site posted awhile back which has shoes for only $15!!! and 2-they''re the sort of shoe I wear all summer long.
My concern is if they will be wearable given the length of the wedding dress. It doesn''t have a train but is still floor length. Do I need a strap? I''m hoping not b/c that sort of shoe is not my preference.
If you think these shoes might work, which one do you like?

wshoecol.JPG

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dixie, I love the first one (left corner, rhinestone buckle-type thing)! If you wear that type of slide all summer then what is the issue? I''m not sure I understand...not trying to be difficult but I thought I read your post as "I wear this style all summer but now I''m worried I need a strap in the back and won''t want to deal with that"? sorry! I do think #1 is great, though...you might stick some double-stick tape in the toe/instep section of the shoe on your wedding day...that way the shoes will "stick" to your feet and you don''t have to worry about sliding out of them, nor do you have to worry about getting a strap put on the back. Great shoes, though, all of them!

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
oohhh....I really love the buckle ones, too!!! I LOVE that style as well but I heard on this forum awhile back something that makes me not want this style for my wedding: when they flip-flop, they could catch the bottom of your gown in them and that could cause some difficulties. I actually experience this when I wear slides with dress pants.....the hem sort of sneaks in there and while I certainly don''t trip or fall, it is definitely an annoyance!

I suppose affixing them to the bottom of your heel would effectively erase that problem, though
36.gif

Again, VERY pretty choices ya got yourself there :)

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I like the ones with the buckle too! I think I read somewhere, though, that with a buckle you have to make sure that it won''t get caught/create pulls on your dress. I guess it depends on the buckle and the material of your dress.

As far as having no strap, unless you have a big ball gown, I don''t see it as being a problem. My gown is really big and I knew that if my shoe fell off I''d have a heck of a time trying to get it back on by myself so I had to avoid shoes without straps.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
They are all cute shoes, but will they make that
click, click sound as you walk down the aisle?
Will you have to kneel during your ceremony?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
doublestick tape and a little candle wax on the heel might help! i am all for the $15 shoes! Plus I think Dixie you are looking at or wearing a dress with a full skirt which would muffle sort of any clicking sounds so maybe the wax would be unnecessary, also aren''t you getting married outdoors, therefore it won''t matter that your shoes make noise...?

I did purchase a "backup" shoe for my wedding...just in case anything happened and the pair I was planning to wear down the aisle posed a problem. My first pick and those that I wore were 3" sandals in ivory with sequins and beading all over with an ankle strap so they held to my foot quite well. However, we had an outdoor ceremony and I did not want an aisle runner so I was worried that if the ground was soft that day my heels would sink and be discolored from the dirt. It didn''t happen, but i had another pair of pointy-toed satin embellished ankle strap heels on hand just in case. I still have never worn them but for $30 I don''t care and will keep them for some other occasion. Even if i never use them who cares?!

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
7.gif
I know that I wrote a response to this days ago and I don''t see it here.

Oh well, first, Thank you for your responses!

Monarch, sorry about the confusion! I was trying to say that I heard something on PS before about how those sort of shoes are difficult w/a wedding dress. Probably what So Happy was saying, maybe the dress will catch or something. Mine is a-line, floor length but no train, so I guess it''ll be ok. It is outdoors on grass so I won''t have to worry about noise and no kneeling for the ceremony.
I am considering buying all 3, trying them on and then returning the other two b/c I am sooooo picky about shoes. I would like to see if the buckle would get caught on any material, I hadn''t even thought of that!

Thanks again!

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
39.gif
I waited too long and they''re sold out of all 3! I am so sad!!! Plus, no return policy but I still would''ve ordered at least one pair. I can''t believe my procrastination made me miss a $15 wedding shoe sale.
39.gif
39.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results