shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Rings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DTJTJT1209

Rough_Rock
I am wondering where the best place to get our rings would be..

online? if so where? how did your transaction go? good? and problems? if so what?

thank you in advanced!

Danielle
35.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
It''s really up to you and what you want. Do you want a ring that matches your ering? Then I would maybe get it at the same place as your ering. Or at least get it somewhere that you can check it out first. If you don''t want it to match, it''s really up to you. You may get a better deal online, but I would at least check out rings in person first so you can see what looks best with your ering.

For you FI''s ring, same thing. What metal are you looking for? I had an easier time getting DH''s tungsten ring online because we couldn''t find that many available in stores and our local jewelry store couldn''t custom make one. It was pretty easy to find all styles of gold and platinum rings in stores, but once again, it might be cheaper to purchase online.

sctsbride09

Brilliant_Rock
We got our wedding bands custom made by our jeweler (family jeweler), mostly because I am way too paranoid to buy something like that without seeing it first. Also, we have ordered almost every piece I have from him, so I knew I liked his work. I agree with Elrowen on checking out bands with your ering first to make sure you like how they match. (or dont match if you are like alot of us.
2.gif
) Have fun picking out your wedding band!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
If you want a simple band, a lot of PSers (including me) have had success with eweddingbands. I don''t think I can link to them by PS rules, but if you google them, you will find them easily.

I got one of my wedding bands from there, but I got the wedding band I wear everyday at Pearlman''s. They were wonderful to work with. I think you are safe with any PS vendor. There are a million great examples of their work here. I did visit a lot of BM stores in my search. I didn''t intend to buy from one, but only because I had such a great experience getting my e-ring through a PS vendor.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
You can''t go wrong with a trusted PS vendor to make you something, but I def second the idea of going to plenty of jewellers and trying lots of styles on first to see what you find best with your ering.

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/17/2010 9:20:14 PM
Author: katamari
If you want a simple band, a lot of PSers (including me) have had success with eweddingbands. I don''t think I can link to them by PS rules, but if you google them, you will find them easily.

I got one of my wedding bands from there, but I got the wedding band I wear everyday at Pearlman''s. They were wonderful to work with. I think you are safe with any PS vendor. There are a million great examples of their work here. I did visit a lot of BM stores in my search. I didn''t intend to buy from one, but only because I had such a great experience getting my e-ring through a PS vendor.
I also got my e-ring and wedding band from Pearlman''s. They are very professional and I didn''t have any issues with them. They get my vote!

But, I second doing your homework in B&M stores to get an idea of what you like.

Good luck!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
My wedding ring was made by Whiteflash, and I am pleased with how it turned out. It wasn''t perfect when they finished it, and they immediately remedied their mistake. I was happy with the customer service.

I ordered DH''s wedding ring from an Amazon vendor. He wanted a plain, comfort-fit, domed 7mm tungsten band, and I found one for $60 on Amazon. He loved it. He actually ended up losing it two months later (which we predicted might happen), so it was not such a big deal to order another $60 ring. The tungsten is a nice "gunmetal" color and doesn''t scratch, so it looks shiny all the time. It''s great for an active guy who''s a little klutzy and absentminded.

jjdav

Shiny_Rock
We ended up both getting ours at B&M stores since neither of us had a precise idea as to what we wanted. Hubby tried on wedding bands while we were looking for my ering setting and it was a good thing since he decided he wanted something wider and really ended up liking the comfort fit. He even passed along the advice to another man shopping with his fiancee that a comfort fit is great for men
9.gif

I agree with the other posters though, if you already know what you want/like you can totally buy it online, but if you don''t, just try them on at different stores to see what works best.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results