shape
carat
color
clarity

wedding ring propriety

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

HopeW

Rough_Rock
I recently inherited a platinum and diamond wedding ring worn by my great aunt, who was married sometime in the 1940s. It''s engraved with her name on the inside and it''s really pretty, but the only finger it will fit on is my right middle finger. I''m not married, so is it proper to wear it this way? I''ve never worn diamonds on my hand before, but I think I could get used to the idea
1.gif

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
The ring was given to you by your great aunt so that you could remember her. I think she would be happier knowing that you are wearing it than not.

chantal990

Shiny_Rock
If you feel comfiable wearing it that way then do it. There are no rules in relation to wearing jewellery (except for maybe go for what suits you and don''t overdo it). I think that your aunt would be happy to know that you value what she has left you and that you get enjoyment out of it.

Bethanying

Shiny_Rock
I really like that idea- please wear it
36.gif

And post pics ;-) I''m snowed in for the 2nd day in a row and so I need to see some pretty stuff so I don''t go crazy
19.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I have no doubt the ring will look beautiful on any finger you choose to wear it. How wonderful for you!

Merry Christmas--Sharon

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
How lovely! The only rule about rings is that in the U.S. if you wear a ring on the ring finger of your left hand people will think you''re taken. All the other 9 fingers are up for grabs!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Wear the ring on any fingers you want. Forget the rules (not that there is really any rules).

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
wear it where it fits, and enjoy it!!

we would love to see it!!
emotion-15.gif

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
It sounds lovely! I think you should wear it. Please post pictures for us to see!

HopeW

Rough_Rock
Here is a picture, sorry about the poor quality.  It has round diamonds along the top, which taper down to smaller diamonds about halfway around.  It has some very small milgrain along the edges that you can''t see in the photo. 

It''s very thin along the back.  I''m speculating that she may have had it resized at some point.  I know platinum is not supposed to "wear" like gold, but is there any chance I am doing damage to this ring by wearing it?

131-3175_IMG.jpg

HopeW

Rough_Rock
Here is a closer up, but blurrier photo.

131-3174_IMG.jpg

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Oh, that''s so pretty! And how nice that you can think of your great aunt every time you wear it!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
It''s very pretty, Hope. Wear it and enjoy it! I think it looks great on that finger.

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
I think it''s lovely! I''m sure you''re not damaging it while wearing it, just adding to its character :)

Bethanying

Shiny_Rock
Yay! Beautiful! It looks great
36.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring! I think you''re really lucky to have inheirited a family ring and definely should wear and enjoy it. It''d be sad to leave it locked up in a jewery box.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results