shape
carat
color
clarity

wedding programs: DIY vs. professional

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
i''m trying to keep my wedding simple, but don''t want to forget the touches that keep things flowing.

as i''m having a catholic ceremony, it seems like a wedding program would be really helpful.

does anyone know of any great sites that do this for a good price, or DIY places to order on line? Or am I better off sucking it up and ordering them professionally?

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I just did mine in word, printed it out on a grey parchment-y type paper and then bound the pages with pink ribbon. I''d attach a generic version, but I don''t think I can upload .doc files here.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine were DIY. The first page was our "logo" & names on the front. Second page (behind vellum) was all the normal info, names of wedding party, ceremony order...last (back of cardstock) our picture and a thank you to all our family & friends. HTH!

Tacori_DIYprograms.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I did my own and printed them on cardstock, in a trifold design. Saved a lot of money!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
What do you consider a good price, and how fancy of programs are you looking for?

I priced out what I wanted at our local stationers last week and it came out to like $700 (yikes), so now we''re doing it ourselves. There are some templates at Crane''s that you can download for free, or you can design your own. I did mine in Word, and can describe how I did it if you''d like me to. We ordered paper from Paper Source on Saturday and it just came in today. It cost about $70 for enough paper for 100 programs plus S&H. Ours are 8 pages with covers, so longer than average (part of why it was getting really expensive). Once we finalize where our readings fit into the ceremony, we''re going to print them, fold them in half, punch holes in the spines, and tie them together with ribbon. The end result is going to be something along the lines of these programs from White Aisle (which I thought about buying, but I wasn''t sure if they''d really save that much work plus I was a little nervous about getting them in time).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results