shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Planning Guide Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

legallyspoiled

Shiny_Rock
Has anyone purchased a wedding planner? I bought The Complete Wedding Planner & Organizer. However, I bought the spiral bound version. The content is pretty good. For one thing, it was a mistake buying the spiral version. It is near impossible to remove pages, sections as I need them and add pages of my own. This planner has tons of charts and checklists that I am itching to start completing. However, I would have to hand write everything. I hate hand writing stuff because if I mess up one time, I am ready to ball up the page and start all over! In addition to it not being good for the environment, it is a waste of time! I would much rather have electronic versions that I can easily email documents when needed.

Wait, I''m rambling. Back to the point.

I think that I am going to make my own planning binder. Before, I start building all of these worksheets, checklists, vendor lists, etc. I wanted to see if anyone else found a store bought planner as a key resource in their planning?

Any recommendations ladies? Thanks in advance!

caribqueen

Brilliant_Rock
When we started planning last Spring, my mom bought me the Martha Steward Keepsake Wedding Planner. It''s a binder so I easily take out and add pages (as long as I hole punch). It also has some clear pockets and paper pockets to slip in magazine clippings. I love it because while I still do a good 70 percent of my planning online by creating my own charts and lists and spreadsheets, I can print and keep everything together in one place.

I also like the idea of opening it a few years from now and re-live my planning memories.
emteeth.gif

legallyspoiled

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the recommendation Queen!

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
I had a 3 ring binder and a notebook. Whenever I spoke with a vendor, I took notes on questions to ask, price, my feelings on the meetings, payment requirements, etc. Whenever I think of another question, I wrote it down. Then I tore the page off and put it in the binder. I divided the binder into "chapters" with small postit notes. Venue, DJ, photographer, florist, budget breakdown, dresses, etc, were all in their "chapter".

Whenever I get inspiration pictures I glue it in. I glued in business cards. I punched holes in the quotes that they gave us and put them in the binder. I taped receipts.

It was cheap, and like making a scrapbook as we planned along, and everything was in one place!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results