shape
carat
color
clarity

wedding planning blahs?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Anyone else have the wedding planning blahs? I have a little less than a year to go and we have the venue picked out, but no photographer and dj yet. After I find those few vendors and get things set, I feel like I''m not going to do anything else wedding related for a long time. I''m just not interested in the details and decorations and everything else. I can''t even get it together to pick STDs. Haha. It''s kind of sad that I''m willing to spend way more time picking out the wine and beer available at the reception than I am on the invites. Well, maybe not sad, but very indicative of my personality and FI''s.

I''m sitting here watching wedding shows and I feel a little left out because I can''t get into the planning the way so many women do. Am I crazy? Am I going to get more into it as the time gets closer? Anyone else feel this way? I wish it was in my budget to pay a wedding planner because I would be so ok with letting someone else do it all and just let me make the decisions.

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely. I''m not a natural event-planner and I have way too many choices - so I''m tending just to go with the first feasible vendor (price-wise and quality-wise) in each category as the picking and choosing process is stressing me out. I also did a lot of planning before I started school for the semester (venue, caterer, band, photographer, dress) and then lost my wedding-planning inertia and did basically nothing until about a week ago.

Instead of embracing all the choices, I find it impossible to make decisions, and I''m second-guessing each one -- which is rather unlike me. That, combined with the fact that I just don''t have the time to run around from vendor to vendor, makes me wish I were enjoying the planning process more... forget about little details, that''s just too much to worry about! We''re going to have a detail-less wedding (which is JUST fine with my fiance and I''ve come to terms with it!).

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Yay for a detail-less wedding, TheBigT! Mine will be exactly the same way. I''m so lucky that my venue included menus and flowers, because it''s two less things I have to deal with. I don''t think there will be any fun decorations other than the centerpieces because I really don''t know what to do and don''t have the money to do it.

I tend to be very good at making decisions, but I guess in the case of wedding planning, I don''t even know everything that I could possibly be deciding on. Like, if someone said would you rather have this flower or that, I could choose. But instead, there''s a million options for little details and I just lose interest. Haha. Plus, it doesn''t help that everything costs money. I hate these bridal magazines that tell us that the wedding is in the details and it''s "small things" like a cigar roller or a lounge area or fantastic expensive flowers that make people enjoy your wedding. Umm, all of those cost lots of money! It just seems like we''re being pushed to spend tons of money on small details (or spend our lives DIYing it) to have a nice wedding. No thanks.

I also agree with not having time. My job is taking up my life right now and I''m spending most of my energy worrying about finding another job, not worrying about wedding details.

I have a close friend who is currently planning her July wedding and is so into all of the little details and loves DIYing everything. Instead of being motivated and inspired by all of her projects, I just want to ask "Do you have time to do my wedding too?" lol

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh oh oh! Me me me! Lol.

After the first week of "planning" I have lost all interest in wedding planning. It was very difficult for us to get the thigns we wanted, and it became exhausting. We ended up going with a sort of package deal, where the caterer provides the band, florist, and limousines, and I am so very glad that we went that way.

I can only imagine the nightmare it would have been, had we been looking for a band and florist on our own.

Before we left NY, all we had really done was book the caterer, and with 6 months left until the wedding there was a lot to do. So, I sent my sister to book her photo/video guy, without looking at others, and now I''m having my mother deal with the florist.

At this point in the game (3 months away) I no longer care about the details. As long as I look my best, the band keeps playing, we are able to get married I''ll be happy as a clam.

My mom and sister kept telling me that I need to make sure the details are correct, otherwise I''ll walk into my wedding, and see that the flowers are not done the way I want, and I''ll get really upset. I told them, no, I will not get upset, because *I don''t care*. Lol.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
I have it about the DJ..I can''t make a decision and don''t want to, but I have to soon.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results