shape
carat
color
clarity

wedding picks and inspirations

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ClownFishFunk

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone,

I mostly lurk on these forums but now that all of my wedding choices have finally started to come together, I thought I would share them with you. To fill you in, my wedding is on June 21, 2009 (it is a Sunday brunch wedding) and we are going with a "lovebird" theme. Thanks for looking!!

Please bare with me as I try to upload pictures!

Here''s a few shots of my dress - the Mikaella 1314. I LOVE IT! Please note it isn''t fitted yet.

dressS5004187.JPG

ClownFishFunk

Shiny_Rock
Sorry if this is too upclose and personal, but wanted to get the detail...

dress3akb.JPG

ClownFishFunk

Shiny_Rock
And here is the back of my dress...

dress2akb.JPG

ClownFishFunk

Shiny_Rock
Here is my headpiece. It''s really fun and different and I''m very excited about it. I bought it on Etsy (the picture is from Etsy - it isn''t me). It works really well with my short hair.

il_430xN_58168320.jpg

ClownFishFunk

Shiny_Rock
Here are my shoes. They are Nina Paladin. I just got them yesterday and am very happy with them! They are really comfortable!

ninapaladin8521-684492-d.jpg

ClownFishFunk

Shiny_Rock
Here''s my MOH dress. The other 2 girls are wearing the same but in a darker shade.

BTW, they are wearing the "convertible" dresses that you can style in as many ways as your mind can imagine!

pinkmonifc.jpg

ClownFishFunk

Shiny_Rock
I''m still deciding on flowers but here are some of my faves - which ones do you like best?

multi2.jpg

ClownFishFunk

Shiny_Rock
(Upper left corner of picture)

ACFA02.jpg

ClownFishFunk

Shiny_Rock
I like the blooms but not the really thin stem, if that makes sense

fid.jpg

ClownFishFunk

Shiny_Rock
Here are the centerpieces - we are going to paint some, and do mosaic tile on some. These go with our lovebird theme.

They are pretty small so I am also trying to think of something to lay around them on the table to make them a little more substantial - perhaps moss or some flowers. I haven''t decided yet. Anyone have any ideas?

birdhouse.png

ClownFishFunk

Shiny_Rock
We are doing a cake with this leafy pattern and birds on top, however the colors will match ours (I''m thinking of doing each layer in a different shade of pink, with the white leaves on top). We will also have birds as the cake topper but haven''t picked them out yet. We are thinking of doing something from Cottonbird.co.uk - they have some really cute ones!

9TJCAOZYN40CAMT96QP.jpg

ClownFishFunk

Shiny_Rock
Here are our invites. I'm very much in love with them. My sister designed them and then we printed them out on glossy postcards.

ETA: they are a lot prettier in person. Compressing them made it look quite grainy!

sampleinvite.png

ClownFishFunk

Shiny_Rock
Here''s an outdoor shot of our venue - this is where we will have the ceremony (minus the extra tulle). It has a nice water view.

MBSC1.jpg

ClownFishFunk

Shiny_Rock
And last but not least... an indoor shot of our venue. It''s pretty neutral with nice big windows so you can see the water from inside too!

Thanks everyone for looking!!

MBSC.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Everything looks wonderful - very unique and fun, and your dress is gorgeous
1.gif

Winslet

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE your theme. And you look sooo va-va-voom in your dress! I''m loving all of it!

musincy

Brilliant_Rock
Your dress is gorgeous! (and so is the venue). I really like your second flower choice. It''s so unique and I think it would compliment your hair piece nicely. The third flower option is nice too. Your wedding is going to be so beautiful... it''s obvious that you''ve put a lot of thought into all the details!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
WOWZA! With that figure in that dress, your groom''s gonna need a towel to wipe up the drool! You look amazing!
36.gif

I really like your lovebird theme too. Everything looks great together!

ClownFishFunk

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone for all your kind words!! We are definitely trying to have a fun, laidback & whimsical feel to our wedding - which is definitely us. And thanks for the comments on the dress! It is really a very forgiving material - it creates curves in all the right areas!!

We are going to the florist this weekend so hopefully I can come back and let you all know what we''ve decided on.

I also just realized I don''t think I ever posted any pictures of my e-ring on here, so here it goes... this is actually not MY ring b/c I don''t have any really good shots of it - but it is the same setting with a different stone. I''ll post a pic of my stone too.

ecolin.JPG

ClownFishFunk

Shiny_Rock
And here is my stone.. it is a .81 E SI2 Cushion. We got both the setting and the stone from GOG and I just love it (and they were wonderful to work with)!
Btw, the setting is tacori.

gogcushion81 2.JPG

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Wow! everything in your wedding is looking amazing so far!
emsmile.gif

I personally like the first picture of flowers, i like the combination of the colours.

Your dress is amazing! I love the shape that it gives... i am looking for the same sort of style myself.

I think your birdhouses as centerpieces are going to look amazing, and my first thought, before reading the text that went with them was to put them on a mossy mound. I think it would really suit.

The venue looks incredible, you gals in the US sure have some amazing venues to choose from!!

emteeth.gif

bensbride

Brilliant_Rock
I think you''ve made some lovely choices! Your dress is amazing! Funny side note, we have the same first name and wedding theme and our weddings are 6 days apart! Smart minds think alike!

I think all of your flower choices are great, it must be hard to choose!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Wow everything looks great!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 7:44:32 PM
Author: ClownFishFunk
Here are the centerpieces - we are going to paint some, and do mosaic tile on some. These go with our lovebird theme.

They are pretty small so I am also trying to think of something to lay around them on the table to make them a little more substantial - perhaps moss or some flowers. I haven''t decided yet. Anyone have any ideas?
have a look at museys wedding thread... i think you could get lots of inspiration from her centerpieces that were made by her mum, they are amazing.
emsmile.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I love your theme--so sweet and romantic! The birdhouse centerpieces are such a cute idea.

As far as your flowers, the second inspiration photo you posted really appealed to me on its own, but I think the third bouquet goes best with the "feel" of your dress, if that makes sense.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love how everything looks. You''ll be a beautiful bride!

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Hello!
everything looks fab and I really like flowers #1 and #2. Uh, can I make a suggestion? You really need to post your ering on SMTR! I would love to see some pictures
9.gif

lauralu

Brilliant_Rock
Hi CFF Everything looks sooooooooooo nice. Congrats on getting everything pulled together so nicely. I am getting married June 14th!!! :)

I have a question for you. My dress is cut a lot like yours. Gives me unbelievable curves too! I am trying to figure out if I will wear a crinoline that poofs out the bottom of my dress so it adds one last big curve to the dress. Or keep it subtle at the bottom and less flared out. Are you wearing anything under yours? I have polled several people showing them both ways and it is a split decision..
26.gif
which does not help me any

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
There is a wedding on http://thebridescafe.com/ right now that had a hummingbird theme. Check out the first and second page of the blog. It was truly gorgeous and has some great ideas.

I love the idea of your wedding and that feel will be just amazing.

ClownFishFunk

Shiny_Rock
Gosh! Thanks for all the kind words! It really makes me feel better about the decisions I have made so far.

I went to Michaels this morning and decided to try out the moss mound idea. It came out pretty good! I was surprised at how easy it was. They aren''t as "neat" as Musey''s were - the moss on mine is overhanging the sides and such - but hers was definitely a great inspiration! I''m a little bit craft-challenged so it''s a relief to know it wasn''t too hard!

Bensbride - wow! that''s a lot of coincidences!! do you have any inspiration boards or anything posted on here? I am always looking for new ideas!

Lauralu - what dress are you wearing? I must have missed those polls. I personally am not wearing any crinoline under my dress - the shape shows up pretty well on its own, and since I am getting married during the day in the summer I don''t want to add any extra layers as I''m sure I''ll already be hot enough as it is! Are you leaning one way or another? I would just go with your gut feeling - whichever makes YOU feel best.

Emeraldlover - thanks for the great link! Some of those centerpieces were really amazing! I had wanted to do birdcages initially, but turns out they are quite $$$. That sort of upside-down vase with the birds inside is really beautiful too! I might play around with that idea.

Thanks to everyone for your flower suggestions! I went to the florist yesterday and came away... well, confused! I was having a hard time picturing what he was describing, but he is getting the types of flowers I like in around the end of May, so I am going to go back so I can see more of the flowers and colors in person. Hopefully this will clear things up for me a little!

Thanks again to everyone for all the support!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results