shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding night.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
We happen to live, literally, a 10 minute walk from my reception venue. Directly between our apartment and the venue (which is directly on the beach), there is a charming shopping center that boasts quaint mom-n-pop stores, a small theatre, police station, fire station, grocery store, and a very popular beach-front hotel. This hotel is where I will be blocking rooms for my guests as it is within quick walking distance to our venue and the lovely beach and it happens to have a bridal suite with a jacuzzi and all that. (We could even use this room to get ready in during the afternoon)

FI and I don''t really want to stay in our apartment with the 4 other couples that we have invited to stay with us on our wedding night and so the most logical choice is this hotel. However, as I''ve stated above, it is no lie 5 minutes (WALKING not driving distance) from my apartment. Wouldn''t that be silly? It just seems sort of a strange expense. And to go stay elsewhere where our family and friends are NOT seems un-fun and not as logical.

Should we just walk home that night and have fun with the other 4 couples staying there? Stay at the beach hotel and get over the fact that we can see our apartment''s skylight from a certain high spot on the hotel''s deck? Or book elsewhere to justify the expense of not staying within eye shot of our apartment. (
31.gif
)

Oh yeah.....and this bridal suite is a $400 per nighter and is known to only be that expensive because of it''s location so it''s not like this is the Hilton or anything......so for us, this is BIG money.
33.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd take the hotel room and get it on. You can pick a less expensive hotel.

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
either kick the couples out and pay for their hotel rooms (more expensive), and then get someone to decorate your apartment all nice---or just spend the money on a nice hotel room. I don''t know, it depends on your budget what you get...but no to the four other couples!!

aktotx

Rough_Rock
It is your night!! I would get a room doesn''t have to be the pricey one and just make the night about you and your new husband. I doubt your friends will say anything it is your wedding night. If they do then make plans for having brunch the next morning.

Susan

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
You''re joking, right? It''s your wedding night for crying out loud, of course you should spend it somewhere private! Is there any other hotel that you could stay at? Are you going on a honeymoon? Maybe you could stay closer to the airport or wherever.
5.gif

35.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I have a friend who spent her wedding night sleeping in one of her son''s twin beds. Her new husband was in the other one. The kids slept on the living room floor and HER PARENTS slept in her room. If I''d known that was going to happen, I would have sprung for a room for them.

Get thee to a hotel, across the street or otherwise!

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
It depends. What do you mean by "have fun with the other 4 couples staying there"?
31.gif

ETA: LOL! Ok, that was crass, but I couldn't help myself! I only intended it in jest, no offense was meant!

With all seriousness, either kick the folks out of your place for (hello!!) your wedding night and spend it alone, or get the hotel room to spend it alone. I don't know how you and your friends might feel about it, but I sure wouldn't want to spend the night in the same apartment as a newlywed couple. You need your privacy and it's worth the expense.

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
You ONLY live once! Absolutely, positively get a hotel room! I don''t think you''d live up to your name (so_happy) if you stay in your apt. with other couples. Don''t think twice about it - get a room!

havernell

Brilliant_Rock
To keep costs down, don''t stay in the bridal suite at this hotel- just stay in one of the regular rooms.

That way you still have your own space, but it won''t cost you $400!

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone for the very useful (and funny) advice!!

We ended up booking the bridal suite because we will be able to get in there by 1pm and use it for the entire day for getting ready etc. And then..........yes...........later for other stuff
31.gif
So, with the getting ready usage AND the benefit of not stepping over several bodies in our small apartment on our wedding night it was much more justifiable.

We never DIDN''T want to stay away on our wedding night but I just thought for a moment how possibly silly that was to stay away but truly be so close to home at the same time. We leave for the honeymoon 4 days later so it wouldn''tve made sense to us to stay near an airport really.

So, FI is much happier now, too! It seems he was actually afraid that all those guests in our home might have actually stopped us from having fun on our wedding night. Silly boy
31.gif
31.gif

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
I had to laugh when I read this thread --- but I bet this happens to a lot of people! I applaud your choice -- you will readlly enjoy the room, and it *is* your wedding night (the absolute best justification of spending money I''ve ever heard!)
2.gif

I''m in a similar situation -- our reception is going to be 17 days after our wedding and my mom will be staying with us that weekend. So even though it''s not technically our *wedding* night, we''re staying in the bridal suite at our reception site that night (and they gave us a discount on the room too)...I just can''t imagine entertaining company on a night like that. Anyway, I think you made a good choice --- make the most of it!
31.gif

jen

Scooba

Shiny_Rock
I would go somewhere else away from your friends and family

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results