shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Map

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nickolsae

Rough_Rock
Hi all,
I am trying to make a wedding map for the guest to put in the invitations. Everything is is walking distance. Does anyone know an online source that can do this? THanks,

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
I made mine myself in Google Maps-there''s a "my maps" feature. I used screen-capture to save it for printing. Or there are services like this one that will do it for you: weddingmapper.com. You can use the map both online, and get a printed version.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I used google maps, too, copied the picture into word, and then changed the colors to my wedding colors for a fun (and still readable/usable) touch. A friend of mine had a map in her wedding colors that I LOVED but I later found out that a colleague of hers had done it, and he was a map maker (I can''t for the life of me remember what the real term is...cart something?) - so I was very happy with the outcome of google maps/word.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I used weddingmapper and then paid for the designer they link to (Distinctive Directions) to make mine for printing. It was only about $45 but it was so worth it! She did a fantastic job!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Cartographer. Or GIS, which is what I do. I''m actually toying with the idea of going into the wedding map making biz myself. I made this map of our honeymoon sailing trip in Maine (using my work software
11.gif
).

Mistress_sm.JPG

[email protected]

Rough_Rock
oh how fabulous Selkie...I used to live in Bangor! this made me miss Maine!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you have any artistic friends or relatives maybe they can draw up a cute map for you. My mom drew ours and I adore it. Plus, she gave us the 8 x 10 original to put in our wedding album which is pretty nice to have.

Here''s a picture, I think it''s pretty easy to do:

HavensWeddingMappppp.jpg

hopefulheidi

Shiny_Rock
If you have a friend that knows Photoshop or Paintshop or some other such graphic manipulation program you could do a screen capture of your venue location in Google Maps and have them pretty it up the way I did. For the overview map I took out all the little roads leaving just the major highways, changed the background from yellow to green, and used a font that was a little more to my liking. The closer up view was even more easy as there were less things to erase and everything was a bit larger in scale It was a tedious process but since we''re putting the maps both in our invitation packet and on our website, and it''s essentially an out of town wedding for all of our guests, it was worth the investment.

I''ve attached the "original" Google maps version.

originalsmall.jpg

hopefulheidi

Shiny_Rock
And this is the version I created in a combination of Paintshop and Photoshop.

smallmap_rightsize.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results