shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Hairstyles - Help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Coreysgirl

Rough_Rock
Good Morning All...

I am having the hardest time deciding on hairstyles. I wear my hair really short with a perm and I can''t decide how to wear my hair for my wedding. I don''t like weave in my hair so adding hair is definitely out of the question. I really want to wear a tiara and a veil but don''t know how the veil will stay in my hair. Has anyone seen any pictures of short hairstyles with a tiara and veil or just a tiara by itself. Or if you have any ideas that would help me alot.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
When you say your hair is really short, about how long is it (inch wise?) Also, what type of wedding gown do you have? Is it something soft and romantic, or formal? Is the wedding in the day or evening? I will gladly look and see what I can find. (I love this kind of stuff!)

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Hmm..I don''t have any of a tiara, but I have a few of a headband that could be worn with a tiara. Let me know if you want to see it and I will try to scan the pics. It''s from a magazine I think a Bridal Guide from last fall.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Well I found a few ideas but this is without knowing your actual hair length......

SP32-20080328-145533.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
another

SP32-20080328-145617.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
classic updo, short hair

SP32-20080328-140343.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
this is really short hair

SP32-20080328-145803.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
for a soft look, throwback style

SP32-20080328-150148.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
last one.....still throwback

SP32-20080328-145955.jpg

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
There were a few other short styles I thought of but couldn't find any pictures.

Cameron Diaz in My Best Friends Wedding. Her hair at the end of the movie (her wedding) that style

And Jennifer Aniston's hair durring the wedding on FRIENDS Season 7 episode "The One With Chandler and Monica's Wedding."

Oh, and lastly I found this info online....

I have short hair -- can I wear a veil or a tiara?
Absolutely! Veils work with all lengths of hair, from the shortest pixie cut to the most luxuriously long locks. Our veils come attached to flexible metal combs that can grip even the finest, shortest hair. See "How do I secure the veil?" for more information on keeping the veil in place with any hairstyle.

Tiaras, combs, and headbands all work gorgeously with short hair. The diadem styles work best with longer hair worn in a traditional up-do, but many diadem styles can be modified to work with short hair. Just ask!

Hope that helped...
35.gif

Coreysgirl

Rough_Rock
My hair is a little longer than the short haircut Halle Berry used to wear. Here is my dress.

My Beautiful Dress.jpg

justwondering

Rough_Rock
I love your dress! it''s gorgeous!

I think the second pic that dreamgirl posted could look lovely with a jeweled comb. not quite the same as a tiara, but the same sparkly effect...

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE that dress! How beautiful!

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
have you looked in the indiebride forums? here is a link to one thread over there, i haven''t read through so i don''t know if it will help you but here ya go:
http://kvetch.indiebride.com/index.php?t=msg&th=31836&start=0&rid=9460&S=cb0f323e935c3eb752e3ac3bf7ec88b8

and another link to offbeatbride about short hair:
http://offbeatbride.com/2007/11/short-hairstyles

and here is a thread on the knot:
http://talk.theknot.com/boards/ShowWDBPost.aspx?PostID=42221044&MsdVisit=1

hope that helps a little!!!

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
a great deal of veils attach with a little comb, so as long as you have enough hair to hold the comb, you can wear a veil. the most difficult part of getting the combs to stay is your actual hair texture moreso than the length. for example, my hair is well past my shoulders, but it''s so slippery that everything slides right out. we''re going to have to tease the mess out of it, shellac it with hairspray, and pray, hehe. the girl in this pic has really short hair with a tiara, but the amount of hair sticking up behind the tiara could hold a veil...i wonder if you could attach the veil to the tiara in some way without it looking weird...hmmm. anyone? hope this helps! good luck!

shorthairtiaracoulduseveiltoo.jpg

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
i answered my own question, yay! here''s one where the veil is attached to the tiara. i snagged it off weddingchannel.com; if you haven''t checked out their page yet, they have a lot of hair on there!

veilwattachedtiara.jpg

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
that is BRILLIANT!!!!!! i don''t know if it helped you, coreysgirl, but it definitely helps me out!!! yay maisie!
36.gif

Coreysgirl

Rough_Rock
That helped me out alot. I usually wear my hair in spikes and flips so it''s short. But when I saw the style with it kind of slicked to the side I figured I could probably add a piece or two of weave just to give it some length in the front and on the sides. God, I am getting so excited and nervous at the same time. I can''t wait to walk down the aisle. Everytime I watch a wedding on youtube.com I get so emotional. I guess I know how I''ll be on my wedding day.

I just made an appointment to do my trial makeup on April 26th. I plan on getting my hair done that same day so I''ll be sure to post pictures of my makeup and hairdo with tiara and/or veil.

Thanks again ladies!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Can''t wait to see your pics of your trial!!
1.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results