shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding gift?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eaglesgal

Rough_Rock
A good friend of mine is having a low-key wedding in a few weeks. They are getting married at City Hall and then will have a small celebration for family only. I''m wondering if I should get them a wedding gift of some kind. FI doesn''t think it''s necessary as I wasn''t invited to anything or asked to celebrate with them. But I feel weird not acknowledging such an important day for a good friend. They didn''t register, but I was thinking maybe a gift card so they can get something for their home? Not sure what I should do.

Livinthedream

Shiny_Rock
I think getting them something small is a nice gesture. If they are only having a family gathering, then it''s not like she is not including you for any reason. Maybe a vase, or frame, or even just send flowers to the house. If she''s you''re good friend she will appreciate the thought and your understanding. Good luck!

havernell

Brilliant_Rock
If you feel that you would like to give a gift, that's all that's required! There are no rules about when you should or should not give gifts. Gifts should be given from the heart when you feel the urge, not just when you feel you "have to" because you are formally invited to an event. Heck, I randomly send my friends little gifts sometimes if I see something that reminds me of one of them, so you can surely give a friend a gift to help say congrats on the occasion of their marriage! I think that would be a lovely gesture and that your friend would be touched.

As for what to get them, gift cards are always good if you know they are just starting to put together their home. Or for something more fun, you could consider giving them one of those really nice picnic basket (one that has real wine glasses, plates and utensils strapped inside). I mean, who doesn't love picnics?
31.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, it''s not ''necessary'', but if you want to give a gift, you don''t need it to be ''necessary''! Sounds like you care about these people and want to mark the occasion and that''s reason enough.

A gift card sounds like a fine idea, or else just ask them what they would like.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results