shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding gift ideas

ponder

Brilliant_Rock
DH and I are attending the wedding of a colleague of his (technically an employee since DH signs his check) and I am at a loss for gift ideas. This is the groom's first wedding (he is 60 years old) and the bride's third wedding. It is very small and very casual. There is no registry and actually the invite was verbal (I need to text the bride to get the address and exact time). These are not people who are starting out in life. I would appreciate any suggestion. A card, money, something personalized? Help!

Q

Queenie60

You could wait for a few weeks and take them out to an elegant dinner to congratulate and acknowledge their union privately. Or, a very nice bottle of wine for them to celebrate at a later date.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gift certificate to a nice restaurant + gift certificate for two movie tickets = one or two date nights depending on when they use each.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about a gift delivery service - monthly club type. If they are wine enthusiast, a wine of the month type of delivery. Or beer, or cheese, or bbq sauces if they love to grill.

ponder

Brilliant_Rock
The dinner idea is fabulous. I'll call DH's business partners wife and see what she thinks.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just took an orchid growing class. I wonder if you might find one in your area or consult with a grower whom you might pay to give them a personal class, and buy them an orchid? Just thinking outside the box. All of the other ideas here are great, too!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results