shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding gift for Belgian wedding

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
My FI and I are going to Belgium in Sept for my friend''s wedding. I need gift ideas! I would like it to be something unique and different in regards to something that they may not find over there. I don''t know if they are registered or how that works exactly, but I''d prefer to just wing it and make it unique. Something that travels well on an airplane would be great. Any ideas?

zipzapgirl

Shiny_Rock
I lived in Germany for several years, so maybe the customs are similar.

They don''t really do registries in continental Europe like they do in North America. If you want to request certain items for the home, then you may even have a friend administering a list of requested gifts from various stores. The Germans at least were much more organized with friends and family in gift giving. Lots of times a couple would (when asked) wish for something specific like a big-ticket item and then a group of friends and co-workers would gather the funds to make it happen.

A couple of times we just gathered cash from a group of people and then went with a quirky presentation. Once it was by burying 250 euros in a small sandbox with flip flops, drinks with umbrellas, pail & shovel. The money was meant to be a gift for their tropical honeymoon. Another time we made a little tree and painted it white and hung the euros from the branches with tape and ribbon with a poem about two trees growing together. The presentation made the gift more fun and showed thoughfulness. Usually it was like 50-60 euros per couple to contribute.

I''d try to find out if someone close to the couple is organizing something. Otherwise I think you''ll need to think of something specific for the couple. There are lots of nice B&B type hotels in Europe, so a weekend away is always a good gift. Maybe a spa weekend or something else they might be interested in.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
what do they like?

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know what they like honestly. Nor do I really have any contacts to find out without just asking them. I thought about something personalized. I don''t know. Maybe I''m making this too hard.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results