shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding gear?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
It seems totally cheesy, but I am thinking about buying some of that "bride" and "groom" gear that they have at places like the Knot! I already bought my dad a "Father of the Bride" ballcap to wear on the wedding day, as he''s going to chauffeur us to the hair salon
37.gif

I usually wear very conservative clothes at work (I''m a lawyer), and go for a fun designer vibe when we go out on the weekends, so what on earth is wrong with me? Do I really NEED a diamante bride tank top? I tell myself that it would be fun to wander around our first day of the cruise with a bride hoodie. Maybe I''ll just settle for some of the bride underwear, or wear as a cover-up to the pool.

Of course, convincing the future hubby to wear anything "groom" related will be another thing
28.gif

buttercup80

Shiny_Rock
I''m totally with you - I so want some of this stuff! :)

I thought maybe for the morning as I''m getting ready - but then I''d need a hoodie or something so I can get it off without messing with my hair, and I really like the cute little tank tops the best!

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
Krissie-
I actually bought my own iron-on decals and made all my bridesmaids tanks. I also have the decals for "bride" and "just married"...they are SOOO cute, and I just couldn''t resist. I got tanks on sale at Old Navy and the decals were like $7 each. It was so inexpensive to do and so fun...plus the girls love them.

PS-I''m in my last semester of law school so I understand the whole conservative thing...but come on, when else do you get to wear this stuff???

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I bought iron on decals and made my own bride shirt to wear to various wedding events (shopping with the bridesmaids for BM dresses, bachelorette party, etc). The shirt I got ended up being stretchy enough to pull down around my shoulders and take it off that way on the day of the wedding so that I didn''t mess up my hair. It worked out great. It was Sabine''s idea to try taking it off that way though.

Laurenj915

Shiny_Rock
I also did the iron on bride decal. I found mine at JoAnne Fabric's. It was only 3 dollars. I wear it around my house on days when my FI is working. He would call me a dork.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2008 12:54:41 PM
Author: Lauren1116
I also did the iron on bride decal. I found mine at JoAnne Fabric''s. It was only 3 dollars. I wear it around my house on days when my FI is working. He would call me a dork.

Hehe. Lauren, I recently gave my bride shirt away so that I wouldn''t be tempted to wear it anymore since I''m no longer a bride. I loved wearing that shirt though!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2008 11:26:38 AM
Author: Courtneylub
I''m the same! I''m a big goof and I love tanks and hats with stuff on them. I found a really cool website that i want to order from.

http://www.customizedgirl.com/category/shirtstops.htm

Thanks for posting this Courtney, I''ve been looking for custom baby hats and they had the perfect one! I several customized baby things for gifts and found a coupon code. Thanks!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Believe it or not, WALMART sometimes carries that iron-on stuff! I found a "here comes the bride" iron on for about a dollar there.

I desperately wanted a "Bride" shirt - and I got one from one of those wedding mags for about $30 or so...but I never figured out exactly when to wear it! On my wedding day, I wore something button-up so I could go get my hair done and not mess it up. For my bach party, I wore something for going out. Bridal shower, I wore a dress. Rehearsal I wore a dress...day after the wedding, I was a little sick of wearing white! So now the Bride T hangs in my closet, 10 mos after my wedding...pretty much brand new. Maybe I'll wear it on our first anniv. or something, lol!

ETA: I should have worn it when we went on our honeymoon, but that's what every other female in the airport was wearing. SERIOUSLY - when DH and I were waiting for our plane, I was counting - there were literally 12 brides wearing those tanks - about 4 were wearing the same Sexy Little Bride one from VS.

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the suggestions, everyone! I am loving that I''m not alone on this
28.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results