shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Favors

paris29

Shiny_Rock
My FH and I were thinking of getting personalized MM's, placing them in a cute bag and then set them in personalized wine glasses. My mom thinks it seems cheap, she suggested getting some type of favor from Tiffany. What do you ladies think any ideas for other wedding favors.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
I love the idea of the personalised MM's (i remember seeing ones with the couples dogs on them! Was it violet03 maybe? sorry if that is wrong!)
But the personalised wine glass? not so much, unless you can pull the personalised part off for future use. Then its ok.

The reason being I don't like personalised things is because i probably wouldn't use them again. I mean, i will always choose the plain wine glass over the personalised one. KWIM? (sorry if this makes no sense! i just woke up :cheeky: )

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
paris29 said:
My FH and I were thinking of getting personalized MM's, placing them in a cute bag and then set them in personalized wine glasses. My mom thinks it seems cheap, she suggested getting some type of favor from Tiffany. What do you ladies think any ideas for other wedding favors.

WHOA! Tiffany?!?! :o I don't think I've ever received a favor with a retail value of more than $5. Seriously.

But I'm with HOT...personalized items tend to sit there for me. I would also use a plain wine glass, or perhaps one etched with a lovely design that fits in with your theme more often than a personalized one. Perhaps you can get plain wine glasses with personalized wine charms? I think I would be more apt to reuse THAT...again, especially if it related to your theme rather than said "Mr. and Mrs. paris29 month-day-year"...

Frankly, I'd be good with the M&Ms. Food favors are always good!

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Tiffany favors will become useless junk whose only purpose was to show off how much the host spent on the favor, which most guests don't care about anyway. I'll say no personalized wine glass either. I can't imagine myself using wineglasses engraved with other people's name on it. Personalized bags, maybe. I will feel less guilty throwing those away.

I like vc's suggestion of plain glasses, or your theme color. No date or names please.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Im not a bride, just a LIW, and it seems like its a lot of money to give tiffany favors. That money could be used for a hooneymoon or possibly for your home. I agree with plain wine glasses or possibly a glass that has a nice print on it, but its not really personalized ya know. Like, i know some people do the double hearts, so possibly just the double hearts on the wine glass. Sorry, but it just seems like its not necessary to spend that much on favors. Whats your guest list number at too, is what you want to think about. Also, are you just giving one favor per couple or one per guest.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
One of my pet peeves is receiving only one of something that should always be a pair... ie, wine glasses. I like my sets to match, and I will never use just one wine glass that doesn't match anything else.

Tiffany wedding favors would be way over the top and a complete waste of money, IMO. However, your mom might not appreciate my taste, considering we did scratch off lottery tickets. :bigsmile:

RhubarbPie

Shiny_Rock
I think I am going to use mini bamboo steamers (the type that dim sum comes in, but mini) and put chocolate dipped fortune cookies inside (my fi incorporated a giant chocolate dipped fortune cookie into his proposal so the little fortune cookies are fitting). I was also thinking of having these on a table with names and table numbers attached in some way so the favor also serves as the table card. We are having a destination wedding so everyone who comes (probably like 30 or so) will have a big bag of goodies waiting for them in their room upon arrival so Im not going to go crazy with the reception favors.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another vote for personalised m&ms - they're cute, they're sweet, and they're useful (well, tasty!)

I too wouldn't ever use a stemware item with someone else's name/initials/obvious monogram on it.

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
meresal said:
One of my pet peeves is receiving only one of something that should always be a pair... ie, wine glasses. I like my sets to match, and I will never use just one wine glass that doesn't match anything else.

Tiffany wedding favors would be way over the top and a complete waste of money, IMO. However, your mom might not appreciate my taste, considering we did scratch off lottery tickets. :bigsmile:

Not to threadjack but Mere, did anyone win anything??? That would be neat!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I think the M&M idea is cute.

I think the most expensive favor I have ever seen is a bottle of wine. I would maybe consider Tiffany's for BM's gifts (although I didn't go with them because I could get the same quality stuff cheeper), I think that is over the top for favors.

I would not do anything personalized, with the exception of a sticker or something that can be taken off. It will end up getting left at the wedding or thrown away. I have never kept a favor that had someone else's name or wedding date.

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
choro72 said:
Tiffany favors will become useless junk whose only purpose was to show off how much the host spent on the favor, which most guests don't care about anyway. I'll say no personalized wine glass either. I can't imagine myself using wineglasses engraved with other people's name on it.

Ditto Choro. I like my favors to be consumable - I've got enough clutter around my house!

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
I ditto (thritto? quadritto?) edible favors. Everybody likes an edible favor and even if it's something the guest won't eat, I guarantee somebody they know will eat it. We are doing take-away bags that the valets are going to put in everybody's car as they leave. It's a small reusable lunch bag/grocery bag in a pretty pattern that will have 2 biscotti, a bag of pre-ground coffee, and a tin of wedding tea.

As my friends grow up and get married I have a growing collection of random personalized shot glasses, salt and pepper shakers, tea light votives, etc gathering dust in the back of my cabinets. I found myself longing for a cookie or a truffle instead. :bigsmile:

It sounds like your mother is concerned with the appearance of the favor. You mentioned M&M's...perhaps sticking with the chocolate theme, I don't think anybody could possibly consider a locally-made fine gourmet truffle or chocolate to be a "cheap" favor. I am sure there is a shop in your neck of the woods that could do elegant small boxes of beautiful chocolates or truffles for your guests. They may even be able to place your initials on the chocolates, to personalize them.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
ditto edible! i recently went to a wedding where the favors were tiny boxes of gourmet chocolates, and they were wrapped in lovely boxes with the theme colors.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
rhbgirl24 said:
meresal said:

Not to threadjack but Mere, did anyone win anything??? That would be neat!

There were some that one a few dollars, and then a few that won $20... but no big winners. I was sooooo hoping that someone would though! I thought it would be really cool! Everyone loved them none the less.

Side note... a few of the people that won, just threw their winning tickets into our card box as they left, lol.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results