shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Favors- what to do?

What should I do for wedding favors?

• Customized koozies stating, "To have and to hold and to keep your beer cold"

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Glad I don''t have to choose- show me the answers!

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the mini cupcake idea. Personally, my favorite kind of favors are edible ones. You won't have to worry about people leaving them behind, it's okay because, hey, you can always have a midnight snack later that night!
9.gif

ETA: My second choice would be coffee. My hesitation is that it could be left behind if some guests aren't coffee drinkers. It wouldn't be a big deal though because you could use it after your wedding/honeymoon.

As others have mentioned, the beer cozi/holder seems like clutter, and I would never use it.

pinkstars

Brilliant_Rock
I voted for mini cupcakes.
I don''t drink coffee at all, so I would leave it behind.
I agree that the koozies would just be another "thing" to have.

Who wouldn''t want a cupcake for later? I bet it would be delicious!!

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
I voted coffee for all the reasons that have already been listed. Cupcakes would be a very close second though.

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
I voted for the coffee...

And I don''t drink coffee. I don''t like the taste. at all. Starbucks can gimme a nonfat, no whip, white chocolate mocha while they get fiance''s coffee!

But even I would take the coffee home over the koozie. First of all, I don''t think I have ever used a Koozie in my life lol. And fiance would probably toss it because I am definitely a hoarder so as soon as he deems something truly unusable, he tries to persuade me to leave it behind or throw it away lol.

And I love cupcakes. I don''t think they''d be too much with the wedding cake.

BUT

The coffee idea is so much more original and personal imo. The fact that it is local would make me unreasonably happy (i''m easily amused
5.gif
) if I received it as a wedding favor. And I think that everyone has coffee in their house, especially if they ever expect to have company over at some point.
You could also maybe serve your special brew at your wedding reception as a 10 o''clock pick-me-up for your guests!

just wanted to add:
I live in Ohio and pretty much everyone I know buys their coffee ground. My mom and stepdad owned a coffee shop for awhile, and despite owning a coffee grinder, even they don''t buy whole beans.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I always prefer a gift I don''t have to store to one that I do. Personal preference made me pick coffee, but cupcakes would be good, too.

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/19/2010 3:34:52 PM
Author: princesss
Date: 1/19/2010 3:13:39 PM

Author: Haven

Date: 1/19/2010 12:23:00 PM

Author: meresal

Date: 1/19/2010 12:03:36 PM

Author: Haven

I vote coffee if it''s whole beans and not ground. I don''t know many people who use ground coffee at home, whole beans taste so much better.

If ground, then I vote cupcakes.

I wouldn''t do the beer Koozies.
Do all coffee makers work with whole beans? I thought that many had to be ground... I always figured that is why my parents have a coffee grinder right next to their machine.

Haven- Our venue didn''t serve cans, but they did serve in the bottles. I''m not sure why, but they don''t pour beer for their parties.

Of course they have to be ground first! I was just saying that I don''t know anyone who actually buys pre-ground coffee beans, everyone I know buys whole beans, so I''d hate to see Amanda waste all that money on coffee that people wouldn''t take home.

We have a small grinder next to our machine, like your parents. My mom has a grinder built into her machine. I think it just depends on the machine.

I''ve never heard of beer being served out of cans or bottles at a wedding, that''s why I asked re: the koozies.

ETA: Whole beans will be much easier to transfer into cute little baggies, too!

I think it depends on the demographic - nobody I know that''s my age (or even near my age) has a coffee grinder! We''re all heathens that buy pre-ground coffee.

Honestly, I''d probably leave all three of these on the table. Except maybe the cupcake - but then, I can''t resist something sweet. Are these the only options, or are they just what you''re working with right now?

I ABSOLUTELY have a coffee grinder. AND a press pot, any other way and coffee is just YUK IMO.
28.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Just a question-

For those of you that have posted about taking the cupcake with you and having it later.... my question, HOW?? (It seems so messy)

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2010 10:04:51 AM
Just a question-

For those of you that have posted about taking the cupcake with you and having it later.... my question, HOW?? (It seems so messy)
When my sister did cupcake favors they all came packaged in a cute little box so they were easy for guests to transport

Amanda: I should also say my sister''s cupcakes were all taken and everyone raved about them and called my mom to find out the bakery, so they were a huge hit!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2010 10:15:30 AM
Author: purselover

Just a question-

When my sister did cupcake favors they all came packaged in a cute little box so they were easy for guests to transport

Amanda: I should also say my sister's cupcakes were all taken and everyone raved about them and called my mom to find out the bakery, so they were a huge hit!
That makes alot more sense. LOL.

When I first read about taking them with you when you leave the reception, all I could imagine is my 90 yr old grandmother wrapping cupcakes in napkins, like she does with biscuits here in Texas for her plan ride home.
20.gif
(That and them rolling over in the car and getting a mess everywhere!
38.gif
)

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
Love the cupcake idea!! They can be eaten before guests go home :)

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I voted for the coffee, as I would definitely use and appreciate it the most.

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/21/2010 10:22:08 AM
Date: 1/21/2010 10:15:30 AM

Author: purselover

Just a question-

Amanda: I should also say my sister''s cupcakes were all taken and everyone raved about them and called my mom to find out the bakery, so they were a huge hit!
That makes alot more sense. LOL.

When I first read about taking them with you when you leave the reception, all I could imagine is my 90 yr old grandmother wrapping cupcakes in napkins, like she does with biscuits here in Texas for her plan ride home.
20.gif
(That and them rolling over in the car and getting a mess everywhere!
38.gif
)

LOL!!! My grandma would totally do that too! I make pretty Christmas cookies for her one year. She didn''t eat a single one. Instead, she layed them all out in clear tupperwear and left them on her dining room table for over a year, b/c she didn''t have the heart to destroy my "artwork" lol. They had enough sugar to preserve them so they didn''t get moldy. I finally make her a new batch- they''re probably on the table too.

But yes, the cupcakes would certainly be boxed up individually- not floating free to be wrapped in napkins.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results