shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding favor ideas??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Hi ladies,

I am running out of ideas for wedding favors. We are having our wedding at a beautiful french restaurant... I would like something that follows that theme. I was thinking l''occitane products but they are way pricey.. I found this soap on their website but I am not sure if they are "wedding favor-y." Another alternative would be lavender is some sort of packaging... Or maybe just traditional chocolates??? Monogram notepads?

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
almost everyone loves chocolate, thats always a safe bet

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/7/2008 11:22:08 PM
Author:ilovethiswebsite
Hi ladies,

I am running out of ideas for wedding favors. We are having our wedding at a beautiful french restaurant... I would like something that follows that theme. I was thinking l'occitane products but they are way pricey.. I found this soap on their website but I am not sure if they are 'wedding favor-y.' Another alternative would be lavender is some sort of packaging... Or maybe just traditional chocolates??? Monogram notepads?
I think Truffles might be a possibility if you want to stay with your French theme. Or you might want to consider Godiva (Belgium) chocolates.

At a wedding we went this summer, they had a french theme too. They gave guests wine stoppers as favors.

How about cookies in the shape of the Eiffel Tower?

ETA: I just thought of another one. My brother was best man at a wedding where the guests received a ramekin with a creme brulee recipe. I thought it was a great idea.

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/7/2008 11:56:29 PM
Author: CDNinNYC

I think Truffles might be a possibility if you want to stay with your French theme. Or you might want to consider Godiva (Belgium) chocolates.

CDN beat me to it - I was going to suggest the same
9.gif
Godiva chocolate is very yummy, but expensive and I'm not sure what your budget is. If it's in your budget though I think it's worth it. Take a look at their site for some ideas. I like the little white boxes filled with two chocolates. You could also consider chocolate dipped cookies wrapped in cellophane. http://www.godiva.com/catalog/collections.aspx?id=43

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I know they are terribly expensive, but I would be so excited to get L''Occitane soap! I had some of their lily of the valley soap and scented candles, and they were heavenly.

Otherwise, what about doing a sachet of herbs (a la Provence)? That would be interesting, unique, and would fit into your theme. Along the sachet line of thought, maybe one with potpourri (also French!)?

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Ok, now I''m obsessing... How about french nougat?

MaggieB

Brilliant_Rock
I''m putting Norman Love chocolates in these boxes, which will also serve as the placecards. Norman Love chocolate really can''t be described - google it and check out the reviews, the stuff is phenomenal.

Another good idea for "French" is madeleines, which are traditional French cookies.

favor box7.jpg

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/8/2008 9:08:17 AM
Author: MaggieB
I''m putting Norman Love chocolates in these boxes, which will also serve as the placecards. Norman Love chocolate really can''t be described - google it and check out the reviews, the stuff is phenomenal.

Another good idea for ''French'' is madeleines, which are traditional French cookies.
Don''t mean to threadjack, but Maggie, are these chocolates only available online? I''ve been wanting to try them since you first mentioned them.

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
MaggieB, can you tell me where you got those favor boxes? Who does the script?

MaggieB

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/8/2008 1:23:21 PM
Author: CDNinNYC

Date: 10/8/2008 9:08:17 AM
Author: MaggieB

Another good idea for ''French'' is madeleines, which are traditional French cookies.
Don''t mean to threadjack, but Maggie, are these chocolates only available online? I''ve been wanting to try them since you first mentioned them.
I think so. I first got them as a gift and now I buy them as gifts - I''ve only ordered online. http://www.normanloveconfections.com/

If you absolutely love chocolate - they are worth it.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Our wedding was at a French restaurant and our favors were 2 madeleine cookies (our favorites) from Donsuemor, and a package of DH''s fave tea (earl grey) + a package of my fave (japanese green tea).

try to think of favors that would mean something about YOU as a couple. sometimes thinking along those lines will help you come up with something you love, and it just may fit into your theme! our wedding theme was "the globe", (i know, kinda weird). but our family is like the United Nations, and we had so many different languages/cultures going on at our wedding (French, Spanish, Russian, English, Chinese, Cambodian, etc). DH is Russian, I''m Chinese and one thing that is common to both cultures is the importance of tea. So we started with tea, and thought that cookies would go well for the favors. And eureka! Our favorite cookies are madeleines (French cookie/cake), and we had a cute romantic story about why they are our favorites.

good luck!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/8/2008 12:13:14 AM
Author: kittybean
Otherwise, what about doing a sachet of herbs (a la Provence)? That would be interesting, unique, and would fit into your theme. Along the sachet line of thought, maybe one with potpourri (also French!)?

I second this idea. I love the idea of giving something like herbs that people can cook with. I was looking at some wedding photos on the knot today and I found an album where the couple made up little bottle of extra virgin olive oil for their favors. I thought it was a really cute idea.

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
CrownJewel - Where did you get the madeline cookies from? Did you buy them in bulk and repackage them?

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perhaps these, instead of the L''Occitane:

French Milled Soap (scroll to near bottom of page, I couldn''t get that link to open (?))

I also like these, though not sure of the price. They sure would look nice on tables though.

Damask Tealight Holders

Nice lavender sachets:

Lavender

Here are some other themed ideas for you, although some seem more appropriate than others:

French Themed Favors

And, finally, another cute lavender item, if you''re going that route and having a ring bearer:

Lavender Pillow

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/8/2008 4:48:35 PM
Author: Loves Vintage
Perhaps these, instead of the L''Occitane:

French Milled Soap (scroll to near bottom of page, I couldn''t get that link to open (?))

I also like these, though not sure of the price. They sure would look nice on tables though.

Damask Tealight Holders

Nice lavender sachets:

Lavender

Here are some other themed ideas for you, although some seem more appropriate than others:

French Themed Favors

And, finally, another cute lavender item, if you''re going that route and having a ring bearer:

Lavender Pillow

I quite like those french themed breath mint tins! The soaps in the first link are cute too.

If you scroll down the link to French themed favors there are some heart-shaped soaps from Provence. They are 70 cents a piece. Maybe you could put two or three of those in an organza sachet and put a "Thanks for coming! Love Mr and Mrs ilovethiswebsite" tag on it.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay. So, this is the only reason I'm responding (think chocolates or mints are the way to go): I was at a wedding once where the bride gave nice french milled soaps, and I overheard someone complain that it was insulting because they thought the implication was that they needed to bathe. Funny thing is, the guy's hair was kinda gross, and I thought bathing was a good idea.
20.gif
But what is WRONG with people's thought processes! It's a gift. It's useful. It's not a statement about your personal grooming habits (except that it assumes YOU HAVE SOME!).

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love madeleines, and you cant get any more french than that. Except, ilovethiswebsite, I forgot to tell you, I took Mr. Kama to Auberge on his birthday (we LOVED the place and the food! I couldn't stop telling him about how your wedding was going to be there and thinking of how you'd arrange the room and the patio...but that's another story for another time!), and I think that wouldn't exude the feel of the theme you're going for.

Personally, to go with the ambience of the reception, a bottle of french red would be perfect. Really, a half bottle of a crisp bordeaux would be perfect. And they're not very expensive either.

One other suggestion, if you're thinking chocolates, would be gourmet chocolate dipped strawberries. So yum. I might be making them as my favours and attaching it to my little donation note.

I'll keep thinking about other ideas and will post if something else pops up.

MishB

Brilliant_Rock
Macarons from Laduree... in pretty pastel colours.

macaroons.jpg

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
rockzilla - you can order them in bulk from the donsuemor website (just send them an email). DH says that''s the least expensive option. Then we repackaged them into patterned cello bags & tied with ribbon. OF COURSE, since we never get anything done on time, DH ran out to Whole Foods two days before the wedding to buy the Donsuemor madeleines in packs of 8 for about $5 each pack. I don''t know how he did this, but he managed to get a 5% discount from the Whole Foods manager because he bought 200 cookies.

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone! Thank you so much for the great ideas! I completely forgot to check in on the replies for this thread!!!

KamaS I am sooo glad you went to check out Auberge! It''s wonderful isn''t it!!! I am going this Friday!!! hehehe

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/9/2008 5:51:56 AM
Author: MishB
Macarons from Laduree... in pretty pastel colours.
Wow that looks amazing - do you think they ship to Canada?

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Here was the L''Occitane soap I was considering... not sure about it though... I love the Madeline idea... FI and I aren''t big chocolate fans though but we will see... Is Godiva french?

landmfavor1234.JPG

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/14/2008 9:37:21 PM
Author: ilovethiswebsite
Is Godiva french?
Belgian.

Yep, we absolutely loved Auberge. Your wedding will be beautiful there! The food was amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results