shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Entertainment Idea

paris29

Shiny_Rock
Need help trying to think of ideas for wedding entertainment. We are thinking of having fire eaters or belly dancers. DO you ladies have any other ideas.

You could have something food related - like a chef at a flambé station. You could also have someone giving henna tattoos. Not sure if either of those would fit in to your theme, but that's what first popped into my head.

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
I had a friend who had a roving magician. To be honest, I didn't quite get it - the wedding is entertainment enough!

But it made them happy, and I'm sure entertained some people!

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock
As a wedding planner, I have seen everything from fire eaters, to belly dancers, to acrobatics from the ceiling on ropes, etc. Honestly, something that is going to "pause" the reception never made sense to me. The night flies by as it is. For you and for your guests. You are paying a lot of money for the music and for your guests to enjoy themselves. Its bad enough your guests have to pause to watch your first dance, father/daughter dance, and any other organized events like cake cutting, bouquet toss etc. My suggestion would be to do entertainment that doesnt require taking away from the evening while your guests sit and watch (like belly dancers, etc). Try something like a cigar roller, photobooth, martini luges....hell ive even seen black jack tables). Something that your guests can continue to enjoy the entire evening. Not something that will interfere with the flow of the evening and cause a lull.

However, if you do want to do something for a dramatic effect as far as entertainment, try to time it appropriately with when guests are at their main course, since they will be eating and sitting anyway. Or time it with some other event that evening. Nothing is worse than having your guests pumped up and dancing, and having the dj/band cut it off in the middle and say "now please have a seat for.....). Lol. For example, I had fireworks at my wedding, but it was in unison with the cake cutting, so people were already not dancing and watching it anyway. Try not to do it at a time when it will disrupt anything.....just helpful advice from what I have seen ;))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results