shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Dress Shops in Houston??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Well- since I''ve looked all over my city and cities nearby with no luck, we are taking a trip to Houston in a couple of weekends to look for THE wedding dress. I can''t wait to find it! I know lots of PS''s are in the Houston area and I was hoping for your help. I''ve looked online for bridal shops and there seem to be so many! Any suggestions on places I shouldn''t miss (or those that I should?) I''ll only have one Saturday to look - unless stores are open on Sunday - so I want to make good use of my time. Thanks!!!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i know there must be some houston brides out there?

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I wish I could help you - I live in Houston, but haven''t looked at wedding dresses since I interned with a bridal shop during college, during the mid-seventies!!!!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
shoot.
7.gif

thanks though.

gongjoo143

Shiny_Rock
I just moved from Houston a few months ago, and was doing a lot of wedding gown shopping around there. I''m not sure of your budget, but these three stores carry a lot of high-end designers...I know there are more but I can''t think of any right now. You''ll need to call and make appts for all of them... I ended up getting my dress from the Neiman Marcus sample sale - $7G dress for $750, so I was pretty happy.

Louise Blum - loved the dresses there, but the ladies were quite snobbish and made me feel like I was worth nothing
Casa De Novia - has more modern dresses. there''s a limited selection, but the lady that works there is great, and the dresses are all gorgeous.

Louise Blum
1801 Post Oak Blvd
Houston, TX 77056-3807
(713) 622-5571

Casa De Novia -
3331 D''Amico
Houston, TX 77019
(713) 523-9090

Priscilla of Boston
1131 Uptown Park Blvd
Houston, TX 77056-3228
(713) 526-1886

gongjoo143

Shiny_Rock
Here''s another

I do, I do
2005 West Gray St., Ste. G
Houston, TX 77019
(713) 522-0456

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
thanks!!!

um i guess my budget is mid-low range. if high is $10 k.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
wow- only one of those were on my list. thanks again!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
oh- and since you mentioned NM- what other department stores carry bridal?

YumCarrots

Rough_Rock
Saks Fifth Avenue in the Galleria also has bridal. Have fun dress shopping!
1.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
thanks!!

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Louise Blum is top notch (this all bringing back memories!) louiseblum.com

Saks does have yummy gowns. Last year I was walking thru there and they had the sale gowns out. Oh, gosh they were so pretty.

Neimans is good too.

Of course, I''m sure you know about Davids Bridal.

Priscilla of Boston 800 675-0699

BridalCouture.com 866 66-GOWNS

There is a salon way out in West Houston that has low-to mid priced gowns I think. Weddings by Debbie. I''m positive they have a web site. But I''m not informed enough to tell you if they are any good or not.

Wish I could help more.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
louiseblum.com--

oh we''d be there for the vera trunk show!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
TONS of places that sell wedding gowns, here are the ones I have personal experience with:

Louise Blum - www.louiseblum.com
1801 Post Oak Boulevard
Houston, TX 77056
713-622-5571
mid-high priced gowns, lots of the higher end designer dresses(Vera, Reem, Monique). my asalesgirl was great but the service is known to be spotty depending on who you get. GORGEOUS dresses though.
Saks Fifth in the Galleria
5115 Westheimer
Houston, TX 77056
713-627-0500
this is where I got my gown. My slaes lady is Jo (who is FAB, very grandmotherly and very nice). THe gowns there are also the higher end designers and although they carry some of the same designers as Louise Blum, the two stores carry diffenernt dresses (i.e. both carry Reem Acra, but only Saks had the dress I wanted).
Houston Bridal and Formal Gallery - www.houstonbridalformalgallery.com
3400 Fannin Street
Houston, Tx 77004
713-526-9401
located in an old mansion downtown, carries mid range designers (like Jasmine). when I went there the service sucked, but other girls I''ve talked to have really liked them, so not sure what to think.
Weddings by Debbie - www.weddingsbydebbie.com
2237 Highway 6 South
Houston, Texas 77077
281-531-6255
HUGE selection of low-mid range priced dresses. the selection is mind boggling really. a real stickler for appointments, sales girl was nice.
Brickhouse Bridals - www.brickhousebridal.com
200 Valleywood Dr., Suite 77380
Woodlands, Tx 77380
281-681-3430
HUGE selection, no appt neccesary, decent service low to mid range dresses, different dresses from WeddbyDeb.
I Do, I Do Bridal Salon and Tuxedos
2005 West Gray St., Ste. G
Houston, TX 77019
(713) 522-0456
mid to high dresses. smaller, the owner recently changed to a lady who was incredibly rude to me when i was there trying on bridesmaid dresses for my friends wedding so i never went back.
Casa de Novia - www.casadenoviabridal.com
3331 D''amico St
Houston, TX 77019
mid-high priced, harder to find designers, small boutique, teeny tiny selection, the owner waits on you and is incredibly pushy and does not let you choose the dresses, she chooses what she thinks looks good on you. i DID NOT like them.
Priscilla of Boston
1131-10 Uptown Boulevard
Uptown Park Shopping Center
Houston, TX 77056
nice service, priscilla and melissa sweet wedding gowns

THere are a bunch more, but I obviously didn''t go to all of them (although it felt like I did!) A good resource is http://weddingsinhouston.com/ and go to local resources and bridal attire (or click here!). Hope that helps, feel free to pm me if you have any questions!

erin53

Rough_Rock
Please visit www.neoweddinggown.com. We sell custom wedding gown at low price and deliver within 3 weeks. I hope could help you find out gorgeous wedding dress. If you are interested in it, you could have a chat with me by msn. My msn: [email protected]

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
wonderful, ginger! thank you!!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Jcrow: Sorry I''m late, but this thread is helpful to me too. We might have to meet up on your shopping excursion...I haven''t even begun to think about this...

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I''m going to Weddings By Debbie on Friday...I''ll let you know how it goes.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
yes please do!

now that i have a list of places to go, i need to make appointments i guess. hum-- timing will be hard to judge... especially not knowing the town well. guess i need to narrow the list down some...

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
anyone have any luck with Ventura Bridal?

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
well we finally narrowed down our bridal salon choices to these three that we will visit this weekend.

ventura bridal
weddings by debbie
louise blum

if we have more time, we will scope out neiman and saks at the galleria...

wish me luck finding my dress.

maybe i will be as lucky as appletini!!

thanks to all who have helped me out with lots of info!!!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
maybe we can be dress twins!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2006 11:56:58 AM
Author: appletini
maybe we can be dress twins!

too funny!!

both of my FSILs realized that they both had pronovias as the dress designer for their weddings. it would be funny if i wound up getting one too!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
well- we went dress shopping this weekend in houston, though didn''t have too much luck. we were able to take pics everywhere we went, suprisingly. so, i may post pics of ones i tried on. i don''t know if i''ll post them here, or in my nov. 06 wedding ideas thread, or if i''ll start a new one...

appletini

Ideal_Rock
start a new one!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
ok- i''ll have to wait until my MOH emails me the pics though. shouldn''t be too long...

i saw your dress at WbyD!! very pretty!!

powerss

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I live in downtown Houston and I just got married in Aug. I have a beautiful gown that I''ve been thinking about selling. It''s an Essense gown, can be worn strapless or with thin spagetti straps, size 4-6. It is off-white/white, lined with Australian Crystals. I paid about 1,000. with alterations; willing to negotiate.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results