shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Dress...Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lynnbesos

Rough_Rock
I ordered my weeding dress from Lazaro 7533...March 11, 2006

http://www.lazarobridal.com/laz_b/display_dress.php?imageno=7533

How long does it take for me to get back the dress for my first fitting.

I''''m worried, what if it does not fit...or if I don''''t like the way it looks.
I have only seen it once and this picture isn''''t too clear.

Linda

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Linda,

I am thinking you''ll get more replies to your question if you post it somewhere besides Show me the Ring! Try the Bride World Wide forum.

Faerievert

Shiny_Rock
the place you ordered from should know how long it should be before you get your dress. some makers take 6 weeks, others take 6 months (the higher end designers take longer than the cheap places usually). once you get the dress, you usually can''t return it either, though perhaps a shop would be willing to give you a store credit and keep yours as a sample. but then it''d be another zillion weeks before a new one could come in, etc. the fit should be adjustable by a seamstress to make things just right, assuming you ordered the right size based on the designer''s size chart.

lynnbesos

Rough_Rock
Thanks....I just did....I''m new...still learning my way around...

:)

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Did you buy it direct from Lazaro or from a bridal shop?

Gorgeous dress BTW!

They should have taken your measurements, & ordered a correct dress size for you. Bridal gowns use traditional sizing, so I normally wore a 4 when I got married, but my wedding dress was ordered in an 8.

(you know when they say Marilyn Monroe was a size 14? Well now that 14 is really what a 10 is now...clothing manufacturers think women buy more if they get to purchase a smaller size).

So if you just said..''oh I''m 6, 8, 10 or whatever, you might not get the right size..you need to give them your waist, chest, and neck to low back measurements before they make the dress. You always give hip too, but that wont really matter in that dress.

Then, you will need to have a seamstress take it in...they NEVER fit right off the bat. Mine had to be taken up in the straps, in at the waist, hemmed..etc...its good that it comes a little big, because those final alterations make it perfect, as if you were in New York having the designer pin it to you personally!

As far as picking a seamstress...have your bridal salon you ordered the dress from do it..many designers have rules about having non-approved seamstresses make alterations..they could really F it up. If you didn''t order it from a bridal shop, take the time to find a seamstress who SPECIALIZES in bridal, especially high end couture like Lazaro.

Lastly...have fun with it! That is a classic gorgeous gown & you will look and feel like a princess on your special day!

I know so much..because I bought two dresses for one wedding! LOL!!!
31.gif

Jeannine

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Oh, do you live somewhere where you can''t try it on? Like a small town in the middle of farmland or something? Because if not, I''d recommend finding a bridal salon where you can try on a sample.

And yes, as the pp mentioned, once you buy the gown, its yours. the designer, Lazaro, will cut & sew it to your measurements, they don''t have them "in stock" they have to make them to order (I mean Lazaros are 2 to 4k, so its too expensive to "stock" them).

Hope this helps!

Jeannine.

p.s. you can call Lazaro to find a salon that carries their line, and then call that salon to see if htey carry that style number & then go try it on...maybe you can have whoever you ordered it from hold hte order until you can do that?

Jeez, i''m full of suggestions..

(I also used to work in a bridal salon...and almost opened my own..before I decided to have a baby!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results