shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Dress Opinions! (Pics included)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Here are some dresses I''m considering, but I''m leaning towards one more than the other.

The first is a Mori Lee, the second is a Demetrios. If you ladies have any other suggestions on dresses with this style, please send them my way!!

Thanks!

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Mori Lee:

morilee1.JPG

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Demetrios

deme1.JPG

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Both are very beautiful, but I like the silhouette of the second one on you! It is very flattering on you...very pretty detail too. Good luck with the hunt!

lovinsparkles

Shiny_Rock
I prefer the first. Love the top and the fuller bottom and think it is more flattering, too. Very pretty style!

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Demetrios:

Sorry, some technical difficulties with this one!!

deme3.JPG

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
I feel that the first dress is more flattering but I love the back of the second one.

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm, from the front I think the Mori Lee flatters you better. The first Demetrios picture does nothing for your gorgeous waistline.
But the second Demetrios looks perfect! Do you have another picture of the Demetrios from the front? If it looks as good as the second picture, I will vote for the Demetrios because I love that hemline. Otherwise, I love the bust of the Mori Lee on you.

havernell

Brilliant_Rock
I prefer the Demetrios (the second one)- it just has more of a "shape" than the first one to me and I like the detail along the bottom hem! However, have you asked the bridal salon about keeping the fun hem details when they have to alter the dress? Looks like you would need it shortened a lot, and a normal "hem-it-up-from-the-bottom" would cut out most of the detail. I know they can shorten it another way to retain the hem detail (not sure of details, but somehow take out fabric from the middle), but that's often very expensive. So, if you are thinking of going with the second gown, I'd ask about cost of alterations before buying.

Good luck making the final decision!

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
LOL, I love the shape of the second one and think it's more flattering...the shape is unique and out of the ordinary...the other one is pretty, but the shape of it is more common, IMO...just depends on what kind of look you are going for Beach Runner!
21.gif

I do see the bustline/waist difference though and agree the first one looks better there, but the over all look of the dress is more common...perhaps the second gown would need some alterations under the bust line to be more flattering...but the back is perfect!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I actually like the first one on you best. I think it makes your back arms and shoulders look amazing. The second dress draws the natuarl eye focus to the waist, which isn''t a bad thing, I just like the attn to be up top, at your pretty face.
35.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
I think the first is more flattering, but I like the hem detail on the second. I'm not digging the top on the second one, but I can't really put my finger on why.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
I vote for the 2nd one. I think that dress is just so detailed and stunning. I love the hemline on the bottom of it.

ETA - and I think it looks very good on your figure!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am voting #2 on this for sure! I love them both, but i really liked that fitted/flare of #2 on you since you have a great figure! Plus i adore that little fringe/tulle coming from the bottom - it's so pretty.

For others you might like: There were two from maggie sottero that had that shape that i tried on and you might like....p.s. check out the real life testimonials, shows them on "real" ladies.

1. the Philippa (although its satin and beaded lace, not as flowy as the fabric you have chosen for these two). It's so pretty on - someone on here wore it for her wedding and looked stunning. The fit of this dress is awesome - just make sure you are able to sit down in it!
http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?pageSize=96&page=3&style=J1091LU

2. The Vienna: i would NEVER have tried this dress on, (and i don't like the picture on the model) but the saleslady brought it for me to try on - and i have to tell you, this was THE MOST flattering dress i have ever tried on - it almost has kickpleats at the bottom and the movement is incredible.
http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?pageSize=96&page=3&style=A3021

3. Finally, I tried on this mori lee and it has the same bottom that you liked. I have no idea now, what the heck it was called...if you like it i will call the store where i tried it on and find out for you what it's called. It was pretty, but heavy - see below!

memorilee23.jpg

booswim542

Shiny_Rock
I like #2 - the Demitrios dress.

I think that the detailing looks higher quality than the Mori Lee. I also love the way that the dress hugs your figure.

However, if you''re worried about the cut after reading some of the comments, maybe Demitrios has dress with similar embroidery but with slightly a different cut?

Liane

Brilliant_Rock
I like the first one better. It's more shapely and flattering; the second one has a less defined silhouette and, frankly, looks a little sacklike from the front (maybe it's a size or two too big? this doesn't appear to be a problem from the back, so it could also just be a photo issue). The details on both are lovely. I agree that the back view is very pretty for the second dress but share concerns about losing some of the beautiful train when it's hemmed.

It might just be that the first dress fits better, but it definitely shows off your figure much better than the second one. You have a great figure, so I'd go with the dress that plays it up.

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
I prefer the second one overall.

I do like that the first one accentuates your waist a little better, however, it could just be the photo in the second that throws it off. Do you have more pictures of the second one? :)

booswim542

Shiny_Rock
I found some that you might like as well...I never realized how good the Demetrios embroidery looked until just now!

http://www.demetriosbride.com/us/index.php?page=collection_ilissa&styleID=1626

http://www.demetriosbride.com/us/index.php?page=collection_blue&styleID=1613

http://www.demetriosbride.com/us/index.php?page=collection_ilissa&styleID=2237

And I LOVE this one! http://www.pronovias.com/index_entrada.asp?idioma=us

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am interested to know which one YOU like better beachrunner!!!

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Per several request, here are a few more angles of the Demetrios dress:

deme6.JPG

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
just because its my fav part of the dress
9.gif

deme4.JPG

whitetulips

Shiny_Rock
I like the overall look of the second dress the best. The hemline at the bottom is gorgeous and the dress is just stunning.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
havernell- The lady said the dress could be altered, and the alterations would be included with the purchase of the dress. Yes, I''m only 5''4", so it would need taken up a lot.

Also, the dress was a little big in the waist and bust as evidenced by one picture. Maybe after alterations it would be super form-fitted and I wouldn''t have the issues?

I liked the second one more, as the Demetrios quality topped the Mori Lee gown. Plus, I LOVE the hem.

booswim542- the Pronovias link just took me to the main page. What dress were you linking to? I LOVE Pronovias gowns, and absolutely love the Nerveo (I do believe Musey was lucky enough to wear that gown), but it may be a little bit out of my price range
7.gif
I haven''t tried it on yet, but if I find it, and love it on, I''ll try my best to find an internet deal ;-) (if possible)

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
AND.

The Demetrios dress is ivory/multi colored. IF purchased, I do believe I''d opt for the entire dress to be ivory.

aggie012

Rough_Rock
the second one is definitely prettier. both look a big large on you, but i''m sure the correct size will look amazing. good luck!

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Second one second one second one!
1.gif

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
I think once the alterations are made in the bust/waistline area it will look stunning on you! After seeing more pics, I still love the second one and the hem is gorgeous! :)

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I think I'm in the minority here, but I like the first one better. Alterations could change that though. Good luck deciding!

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Quick reply before I go. Now I''m convinced that the first picture of the Demetrios looked bad because it''s 200 sizes big on you! So I officially vote for Demetrios! It''s gorgeous!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results