shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Dress Joy!!

calibali

Brilliant_Rock
After b*tching and moaning just a few days ago about how much I hated wedding dress shopping and was ready to quit, I bought my dress today!

It's a beautiful Melissa Sweet chiffon dress that is going to be just perfect for the beach. It's both ethereal and sexy, and completely different from everything else I've tried on. I got it at a Priscilla of Boston sample sale, so it really was quite the steal.

My cell phone pics do not do it justice, plus the chest area is at least 2 sizes too big. But you can get an idea. Thanks for looking, I'm sooooo happy right now. :D

dress 2.jpg

dress 1.jpg

calibali

Brilliant_Rock
And here is the back. Not the greatest pic obviously, but this is really one of the biggest reasons I got it. Love it!

ETA - and I have to give a special thanks to OUpeargirl! Without her help and guidance, I probably never would have given this dress a chance. Thanks!! :appl:

dress back.jpg

slg47

Ideal_Rock
oh my gosh-perfect for the beach! yay!!!! I am so glad you found a dress :) :) :) :) :)

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!!! Looks perfect for your tropical beach wedding!

And we really should pay OUPeargirl commission. :))

AdanaEsq

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on finding the dress!!!!! I love the criss-cross straps in the back.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl:

Perfect for the beach!!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
That is a beautiful dress and it looks amazing on you. And it will be just perfect for a Bora Bora wedding.

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my, that is PERFECT for a beach wedding! Cali, you look beautiful in it even if it is too big! Look forward to seeing the pics :))

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
calibali, that dress is STUNNING! Congratulations on finding your perfect gown! It's positively perfect for your beach wedding, and when it's altered to fit you perfectly...W :love: WZA!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a GORGEOUS dress, Cali! I love it and it looks beautiful on you.

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
your dress is beyond gorgeous & perfect for a beach wedding!! congrats on finding it :)

calibali

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I have been off PS since I got the dress and I came here to find so many nice responses! Thank you so much for the kind words everyone.

I have to admit, I have had a few doubts today about the dress so it made me feel a lot better to come on here and see so many people liking it. I keep wondering if I should have just stuck with my lace vision and if this is going to look dated in my wedding pics. How do you know if your dress is trendy or not? I just don't know...

I hope it's normal to have a few little doubts when you make such an important decision. Anyone have any advice for how to get past that little nagging feeling like there could be something better out there?

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
Omg! Very beautiful dress. I love love the back of the dress. Stunning! I wish I get to find my dress for a good price soon!

calibali

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks BG! You can't see in the pics, but the thin straps are actually beaded so they are even prettier in person.

Don't worry, you'll find your dress soon. You just need to keep looking and hope you get a little lucky like I did.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Your dress is so beautiful! I really love the delicate straps, and the open back.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly, I think it is the perfect dress for a beach wedding yet it is classic enough to not look dated. I think a lace dress might be too much for a beach wedding, so I think you made an excellent choice!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Ohh it's beautiful! Truly. That will look so flowy and fabulous at the beach!

Thank you for your sweet words, but I didn't do anything! I'm so happy you found a dress. :appl:

Congrats! It will be lovely for a beach wedding.

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty!! It looks really nice on you. Congratulations!! :)

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That dress looks amazing on you :love: :love:
I love the straps across your back!

Can't wait to see pics once they alter it to fit you :love:

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
sillyberry said:
Congrats!!! Looks perfect for your tropical beach wedding!

And we really should pay OUPeargirl commission. :))

Just saw this! :lol:

Maybe then I could afford this pendant I've been eyeing..

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Aww, I love this dress! It looks so pretty on you, and it will be perfect for your beach wedding. The back is especially lovely.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
holy lord - you look AMAZING in that dress. absolutely love it!

calibali

Brilliant_Rock
Haha, thank you violet! Your comment brought a smile to my face. :))

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results