shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding dress dilemma!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gls

Shiny_Rock
hi!

Ive been a BIW for 6months now and have been trawling the internet and bridal shops for wedding dresses. I have found one that I have tried on and loved, I didnt have a this is the one moment but the only fault I have with it is the colour (which can be changed) and the weight (its a satin dress with lots of gathered material making it heavy).

My dilemma is that I still have a year and a half until I get married and Im worried that if I dont order it I will miss out and I wont find anything else that will compare. And Im also worried about the flip side, if i do order it and then I find something that I like more!

Am I being silly? Should I order now or should I wait for about 6 months before the wedding which is how long it takes to order and fit the dress?

Ive attached a picture of the dress that I have been considering: Pronovias Medina

Medina-B.jpg

gls

Shiny_Rock
Ive also been considering this dress by sottero and midgley, but I have not tried it on and am worried the strapless will not suit my larger bust

sottero and midgley mae.jpg

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
They are both gorgeous dresses but i really feel that if in doubt, you should wait. A year and a half is a long time, a new collection will be released before you must absolutely order a dress and you will probably even be able to find the medina for an even better price since it would have been out a while in another years time.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I like the first dress best and the straps should suit your larger bust better. If you buy the dress can it be returned? I''d worry about missing out if I didn''t buy it. Could you sell it if you don''t end up wearing it?

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
I really like that first dress you posted, probably because it reminds me of the dress I chose, Maggie Sottero''s Fiorella.

http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?style=A3325SS

As for what you should do, I guess it depends on your personality. If you can stop looking at dresses and be content with your choice, and you love the dress, maybe you should order it. But if you''re the kind of person who is going to keep looking and second-guessing your decision, I think you should wait awhile. Do you have reason to believe the dress will be discontinued?

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
I would wait. The dress is not likely to be unavailable being Pronovias. I would call the company to see if they know anything about the dress being discontinued in the future. But you seem unsure of yourself, so waiting is probably the best thing to do IMO. Good luck!

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
The first one is beautiful! (they both are) So striking!

If you''ve got your heart set on it, order it. Then, stop looking. You''ll always find something you like better if you keep looking.

However, if decide to wait (which may be smarter if you anticipate to fluctuate in size or taste at all)... don''t look back, and don''t have regrets. There are thousands of other dresses out there to love!

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
If you love this dress, buy it now then STOP LOOKING AT DRESSES!!!!!!
2.gif

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
By the way, that first dress is so beautiful! Now I''m having second thoughts on my dress!
23.gif

gls

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much for your replies!
I have been told by a few bridal shops that they are not told when the dress is discontinued, they just cannot order it anymore. I think that is what is causing me the grief!

Monkey Princess, you got me in one! I am the type of person that will continue looking at dresses to see what else is out there. I have already been trawling the internet day in day out for dresses but I keep going back to that one, hence my dilemma about if I should buy it or not!

My reasons for not liking the pronovias are so minimal eg., dress might be too heavy, colour looking a little "yellowish" but I think i deep down i know that this dress is perfect for me! Plus its a reasonable price for a great dress!

Am going out with my MOH to try on the dresses again, as she hasnt seen me in them and hopefully it might clarify a few things.

Amanda.RX and girface: You are SO right! I just need to pick one and then be done with it! Im already starting to tire of looking at dresses!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
I would wait. A lot can happen in terms of fashion and gowns in that time. It''s a classic style dress and I don''t see you having trouble finding that style later on.

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2010 7:13:15 PM
Author: girlface
If you love this dress, buy it now then STOP LOOKING AT DRESSES!!!!!!
2.gif
Exactly what girlface said! Btw, that first dress is FANTASTIC!

IdLikeToBuyAVal

Shiny_Rock
This is my dress! I loved the Medina and I''d tried on the Maggie Sottero "Fiorella" but the Medina was just so amazing to me. I ordered my dress in November and it just came in last week. I can''t say whether you should order the dress or not but I love mine and thought it was a really reasonable price for such beautiful fabric and craftsmanship.

IdLikeToBuyAVal

Shiny_Rock
I just wanted to add that the Medina is VERY heavy. Mine is 10 lbs (and yes I weighed it because I had to wrestle it and the bag up the stairs when I got it home!)

happydreams

Shiny_Rock
I love the pronovias gown.

I think you should wait. if you are anything like me, you will keep looking and wish you got something else! Plus, you can always get preowned gowns if you really think you made a mistake. I think the other girls had excellent suggestions. it depends on your personality and you should call the store to see if it will be selling for a while

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results