shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding dress alterations

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sosst7

Shiny_Rock
Okay ladies, I think I am going to have a meltdown! My wedding is May 12, 2006 in Hawaii, but I will be leaving for Hawaii on May 6.... And my dress has still not come in!!! I ordered it Jan.31 and at that time, the lady at the bridal shop assured me that it would get in in time for my wedding. Well I haven''t heard anything about a timeframe so I just called and was told that it would probably get in around April 20.. Is that enough time to have the alterations done??? I don''t know what I would do if it wasn''t ready in time! How long does it normally take?

Oh one more thing, my wedding dress is actually a bridesmaid dress and I don''t know if that makes it easier to alter. Check it out http://www.billlevkoff.com/collections/index.asp?dress=876 . I ordered the dress in European ivory, which is more off-white than ivory and the sash blue, for my something blue.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
That is a tight time frame, but you can do it. Since it is a simple dress, with no lace or beading the alterations should be easier, so your semstress will be able to do them in a few days. Just make sure the person who is doing your alterations knows your situation and is ready for you whenever you get the dress in.

sosst7

Shiny_Rock
Thanks MelissaSue for relieving some of my fears about the dress. I have another question, should I get it done at the bridal shop where I got my dress or take it somewhere else? The pros for the bridal shop is that they have done tons of dresses but the cons are that they may take too long or charge me extra.

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
From some of the stuff I''ve read it''s important to make sure that the ''head'' seamstress at the shop is doing your alterations. Also I''d lie through my teeth about when the wedding is. Tell them the date changed (if they bothered to write it down to begin with) and that you are getting married April 29th.
27.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2006 2:47:29 AM
Author: Wren
From some of the stuff I''ve read it''s important to make sure that the ''head'' seamstress at the shop is doing your alterations. Also I''d lie through my teeth about when the wedding is. Tell them the date changed (if they bothered to write it down to begin with) and that you are getting married April 29th.
27.gif

I absolutely agree.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I think you have enough time for alteration since it''s a simple dress. Just make sure that you put an urgency for them to do the alteration and be on top of it, then you should be fine.

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
What a pretty dress!!

I agree with the others: lie through your teeth or else pull a guilt trip and say "You said I''d get it in time and of course in time for the wedding means in time for alterations too." But I think 2+ weeks should be plenty of time. To put it in perspective, my seamstress is doing two gowns for me, and she could have done them both in less than 3 weeks but we couldn''t coordinate our schedules any sooner than meeting 3 weeks later. So I think with one dress, especially your''s with the simply lines and no beading, will easily be done in <2 weeks like you need it.

And who knows, maybe it will be in early!

sosst7

Shiny_Rock
Wren- that''s a really great idea about telling them I changed my date! I never thought of it and hopefully, that should make things go quicker!

Thank you ladies for your advice!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results