shape
carat
color
clarity

wedding day perfume

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zekele

Rough_Rock
What perfume (if any) or other type of scent did you wear on your wedding day? I actually only own two perfumes that I wear sometimes for work or for going out (Green Tea by Elizabeth Arden and Clinique Happy Heart). I want to wear something special for my wedding, but I''m rather ignorant about perfume. I want something that smells amazing but doesn''t overpower :). Any thoughts?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When are you getting married? Time of day?

Ethnicity? Fair/medium/dark?

What does your dress look like?

Personal style?

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Have you ever smelled Vera Wang Sheer Veil? It''s light and not overpowering, but soooo nice...

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
I think that Stella is the most wonderful, romantic perfume. I''ll be wearing it on my wedding day!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
my usual scents are bond no.9 chelsea flowers and chanel chance. i sought out a special scent for our day. i ended up wearing
chanel no. 5

he wore burberry brit.

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
I wore Marc Jacobs Blush.
I wear Marc Jacobs all of the time and I believe that Blush has the same base notes or something like that- they smell somewhat similiar...

Perhaps there is another Elizabeth Arden or Clinique scent that you would like but be something special for your big day.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your chemistry is the deciding factor. I hate to say this, but you may have to devote the time to making a trip to the perfume counter. Find someone who seems on the ball, and describe what you like in general and what you want now for the big day. Try a couple on and walk around, sometimes the first note of a fragrance is not great but the dry down is awesome. You cannot tell by sniffing immediately. You might have to do this a couple of times. I would only try on 2-4 each time as to not overwhelm and confuse yourself, and really see the staying power and how it smells after time passes...

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i agree DF. i went several times to smell perfumes. i loved several on the cards, but when on i HATED them. took several trips, but i finally found one on me that i loved. went back and bought it. it also helps if they have samples.

Rachie

Shiny_Rock
If you like Clinique, try Clinique Simply. It smells great and is really light. I also really like Vera Wang (it''s just the original scent) b/c it is also light and smells nice and clean. I guess it really comes down to what you like the best and what smells the best on you!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
If you have a Sephora near you, they''ll give you a sample vial of anything in the store so you can take it home and try it again later. I just found this out last night while shopping for cologne for M. I thought they may have some samples since it was new scent I was looking for, but the lady went to the back, came out with an empty vial, and filled it right in front of me, for free. Very cool.

If you have ever had any allergy problems, I suggest you try wearing it a few weeks before the wedding just to be sure you don''t make yourself sneeze! And remember that you''ll be surrounded by flowers and the scents of everyone else around you so don''t get anything too overpowering.

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/8/2006 9:58:56 PM
Author: dtnyc

I wore Marc Jacobs Blush.
I wear Marc Jacobs all of the time and I believe that Blush has the same base notes or something like that- they smell somewhat similiar...

Perhaps there is another Elizabeth Arden or Clinique scent that you would like but be something special for your big day.
I LOVE Marc Jacobs Blush and wear it on a regular basis but I have found that Blush doesn''t stay on as well...so you have to constatntly reapply. I also love the original Marc Jacobs...and that tends to stay on better. I think the base of both is jasmine.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
gardenia

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
I love Knowing for winter wedding and Chanel No.19 for Fall wedding. My date has not been set yet.:)

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
I wore Clinique Happy in Bloom (got married in June). I wanted something familiar (has the Happy notes I used to wear in high school) but with a floral kick for the summer. I rarely wear it now, but every time I smell it I think of my wedding day
1.gif
I''m currently wearing my new Stella in Two Peony to death.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
DH and I went to Sephora and tried a ton (oh, what a headache!) We left with a couple of samples and ended up wearing Ralph Lauren''s Romance on the big day. Out intention is to break it out for special occasions & "date nights"

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/8/2006 11:22:10 PM
Author: diamondfan
Your chemistry is the deciding factor. I hate to say this, but you may have to devote the time to making a trip to the perfume counter.
I agree!

While you're there, def. try Issey Miyake. It's slightly musky with hints of Lotus but still light enough that I wear it almost every day. It's my all-time FAVORITE... YUM!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I used to love a couple of perfumes and since having children they no longer smell right on me. Your chemistry is so personal that what smells great on one person can be terrible on you.

Issey Miyake is nice, a light and clean scent, and there are tons of great ones out there, depending on what you like in terms of notes and overall scent. I would want something that I like to wear other times so I can enjoy the smell after the wedding too!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock

I think I''m going to wear Bvlgari - either Rose Essentielle or Voile de Jasmin (which I currently wear). They both smell amazing and are clean, classic fragrences that don''t overpower. I''m also a fan of Marc Jacobs, but I truly enjoy Bvlgari the most.

5.gif

chickflick

Shiny_Rock
I wore Philosophy''s "Falling in Love"- someone had suggested wearing a scent I''d never worn before as every time I wore it afterward it would remind me of my wedding day. That''s exactly what''s happened! It''s much sweeter and more floral than the scents I usually wear but I love it and the name is just perfect, too.

tdiddy

Shiny_Rock
i just came across Vera Wang''s new perfume "Princess" last night while Christmas shopping yesterday and it smelled amazing. Definitely worth a try...

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
i wore that same perfume i''ve always worn -- my "signature scent" i guess (pleasures by estee lauder, nothing special) but he loves it on me and on the day of our wedding i wanted him of smell me they way i smelled when we fell in love...to smell like, well me! it never crossed my mind to pick another scent, special scent for the wedding. in fact, i was kinda upset cuz when i got my makeup done (i wanted me but a bit more special), it was so different from my usual makeup i didn''t feel like me and kept thinking "how can i get married when i don''t even look like myself?!" dumb bride stuff i guess.
20.gif
things worked out when i scraped off half the makeup and even more melted off as we tore up the dance floor.
9.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I love fragrances now (some of my favorites for every day are Lacoste, Burberry London and Chanel Chance) but I wasn''t into them when I got married. My boquet had lillies and everyone complimented my fragrance - although it was the flowers!

tanyak

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/18/2006 5:43:04 PM
Author: gingerBcookie
i wore that same perfume i've always worn -- my 'signature scent' i guess (pleasures by estee lauder, nothing special) but he loves it on me and on the day of our wedding i wanted him of smell me they way i smelled when we fell in love...to smell like, well me! it never crossed my mind to pick another scent, special scent for the wedding. in fact, i was kinda upset cuz when i got my makeup done (i wanted me but a bit more special), it was so different from my usual makeup i didn't feel like me and kept thinking 'how can i get married when i don't even look like myself?!' dumb bride stuff i guess.
20.gif
things worked out when i scraped off half the makeup and even more melted off as we tore up the dance floor.
9.gif

Same here. I was going to try a new scent, but I messed around and never got anything. Before I left to head to my wedding site, I just grabbed my Ralph by Ralph Lauren and threw it in the bag. It's a really casual light summer scent, but DH loves it. At the reception before we were announced, he hugged me and said "You smell so good!" I was glad I went with something familiar.

Trelala

Shiny_Rock
I like anything with a whiff of tuberose in it. I bought some shampoo at a local salon and the lady threw in some perfume samples. I''m in love with L''Artisan Parfumeur La Chasse aux Papillons (The Chase of the Butterflies). It''s very light floral and citrusy scent on me. The website says linden flower, light tuberose, orange blossom. How clever of the lady to know I''d adore this!

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Like Ginger,
I really wanted to smell like myself. I''ve been wearing Happy by Clinique for years now. Friends, family, and most importantly DH, have said that when they smell it they think of me, on my wedding day I really went out to my way to look like me, not some strange other woman that DH was going to spend his life with (lol.) I felt the same way about my smell.

Clarygrace

Shiny_Rock
My perfume is Light Blue by Dolce & Gabbana, it''s the only scent I wear...so I''ll stick with it...FI loves the stuff on me...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results