shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding day perfume--What are you wearing?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
What perfume will/did you wear on your wedding day?

I read somewhere that you should have a new perfume to wear on your wedding day...I''ve been searching but can''t really find anything I like, so I just thought I''d see what everyone else is wearing!!!

Funny story, I tried Chanel no5 the other day and asked my FI if he liked it and he didn''t, so I asked him why and he said it''s because I smelled like an old lady!!! Geez, good thing I asked because I kinda liked it, I wouldn''t want him to be reminded of an old lady on our wedding day!

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
what a great idea....i''ll have to splurge on something new

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I''m wearing the one I always wear - Profumo by Acqua di Parma

My mother has worn Madame Rochas for as long as I can ever remember and everytime I smell it anywhere it always reminds me of her.

It took me a long time to find ''my'' scent and I''ve been wearing it for about 4 years now - since I met FI - and plan to stick with it forever. He loves it and I want to smell of me!

HaloAngel

Shiny_Rock
"the one" by dolce & gabbana

.....i think the name is perfect too
2.gif

enfianced

Shiny_Rock
I thought about getting something new, but then I thought it''d be nice to wear the Gucci perfume that the FI gave to me the first time we ever exchanged gifts...I love it, I KNOW he loves it, and I like the idea of wearing something familiar!

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I think the problem I am having is that my FI doesn''t really love anything I''ve tried. He will say ''that''s nice'' and that''s it.

Now that I think about it, he really likes the smell of my Estee Lauder Mani/Pedi lotion! I love it too, now if only there were a perfume that smelled like it...

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Pandora and Enfianced: I wish I had a signature scent, my dog HATES perfume so I only wear it on vacations!

Halo: that is so perfect for your big day!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
The same one I always wear (whenever I wear perfume, which is only a couple times per week): Bond no. 9 Scent of Peace. I love it. No plans to switch, ever... well, until the company goes bust, which always seems to happen with trendy clothing/accessory/cosmetic companies
40.gif

LauraSLP07

Shiny_Rock
I will probably just stick to my favorite....Clinique "Happy."
1.gif
FI loves the scent on me, so I figured I would just stick with what works!

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I love Clinique Happy! But it doesn''t mix well with my body chemistry
7.gif
My sister and I can try the same perfume and it smells TOTALLY different on us. Weird.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Shimmer if you like Clinque happy you will most likely like Estee Lauder Pleasures or Pleasures exotic, Beyond Paradise to name a few.

I used to work at a perfume store that had a massive manual listing 100''s of perfumes and ones that would have similar elements within that the person is most likely going to like as well :) you could possibly ask around see if someone has something similar :).

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
I''m probably going to wear blue by ralph lauren. I love the smell so much!
FI could care less what I wear. lol

pichuchy21

Shiny_Rock
I''m going to wear Burberry Touch it has such a soft scent I love it.

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
I''d like to wear Chanel No 5, just because I''ve always thought it was so sultry yet elegant. It screams "big fancy perfume!" to me, and I think I would feel really special in it on the wedding day.

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/16/2008 12:16:36 PM
Author: Deelight
Shimmer if you like Clinque happy you will most likely like Estee Lauder Pleasures or Pleasures exotic, Beyond Paradise to name a few.

I used to work at a perfume store that had a massive manual listing 100''s of perfumes and ones that would have similar elements within that the person is most likely going to like as well :) you could possibly ask around see if someone has something similar :).
Thanks Deelight!! Have you smelled thier Mani/Pedi lotion??? I know it sounds crazy, but it smells sooooo good and I would love to find something like it.

bensbride

Brilliant_Rock
I will probably wear my Marc Jacobs...unless I find something I like even better. I usually save it for dressy/formal occasions anyway, since I can''t wear it at work (nurse) and I forget when I''m not working.

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/16/2008 12:20:11 PM
Author: luckystar112
I''m probably going to wear blue by ralph lauren. I love the smell so much!

FI could care less what I wear. lol

I LOVE Blue! GREAT scent!

I''ll be wearing Light Blue by Dolce and Gabbana. And FI will be wearing D&G Light Blue for men! LOL - we didn''t plan it that way, we just both really like the different scents!

Another favorite of mine, which is a very sophisticated scent is Georgio Armani''s Sensi....I ADORE that perfume!

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
DKNY Be Delicious. The apple-y one in the green bottle. MMMMMMMMM

Sue16

Shiny_Rock
I think I''ll wear either Issey by Issey Miyake or Eternity by CK.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/16/2008 1:26:04 PM
Author: shimmer
Date: 6/16/2008 12:16:36 PM

Author: Deelight

Thanks Deelight!! Have you smelled thier Mani/Pedi lotion??? I know it sounds crazy, but it smells sooooo good and I would love to find something like it.

I haven''t (but now I want to) but if you can find out what the notes are in the lotion you can use that as a base to jump off onto to find a fragrance that will smell like it or very similar :). I tried googling for an idea of the smell but pulled up nothing

Also for your wedding I highly suggest layering your scents as different products will difuse at different times and this allows your scent to last longer :).

moonfaery_87

Rough_Rock
I''m gonna wear the one I''ve always liked and the one my fiance likes. Which is Miss Cherie Dior. Which I LOVE. <3

Though, not sure if I should just wear infinite pleasures:just girl by estelle vendome as it is the perfume I wore when I met my fiance. <3

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Thanks Deelight, I think I have googled every possible combination, but nothing! I have such a hard time distinguishing scents (until I''m told what is in one) so I can''t even describe it (to me it smells like clean laundry, but really good smelling clean laundry and it''s even better on than in the bottle!).

I''ll just use it as my body lotion and go around one day comparing perfumes to it...hmmmm, if only I had the time!!! Or maybe carry a big purse and whiff it while shopping...hehe I sound crazy...if you see anyone at the department store smelling a lotion and perfume that would be me
9.gif

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/16/2008 5:41:26 PM
Author: sappergirl
I think I''ll wear either Issey by Issey Miyake or Eternity by CK.
Issey Miyake is the perfume I wear everyday so I''m sure I''ll wear it the day of the wedding as well.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
New perfumes can give me bad headaches, so I''m planning on sticking with what I know. I was considering getting Micheal Kors just before the wedding and then wearing it for the wedding, but I tried it last week and BAM! Headache. So It''s Marc Jacobs (what I wear now) for me.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i searched out a special wedding perfume as well. i went with chanel no. 5. it''s a classic. and everytime i wear it it reminds me of our wedding day.

my everyday perfume is really wonderful too, but reminds me of when i met DH. it''s chelsea flowers by bond no.9. i love love love it, but wanted a separate scent for our wedding day.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Chanel is classic of course. I''ve worn another classic, Joy by Jean Patou (rose notes) for years.

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/15/2008 4:14:30 PM
Author:shimmer
What perfume will/did you wear on your wedding day?

I read somewhere that you should have a new perfume to wear on your wedding day!

I''m 99% sure that was placed by the marketing department of Coty - trying to cash in on the wedding complex!

Neveah

Shiny_Rock
I wear Vera Wang''s signature scent on a daily basis..... it''s my staple!

Hubby must have been roped in to "cash in on the wedding industry" because he heard the same thing about wearing a new scent when you get married... and bought me Vera Wang''s PRINCESS for our wedding day. It''s so nice and light but slightly different from what I wear everyday that he loves! And my photog got some great pics of the bottle and my rings on our wedding day!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Chanel smells awful on me. I did like marc jacobs until a bottle bust open in luggage and the smell disgusted me. Ever since then I don''t use perfume but an interesting diffuser oil that is very pricey but because comes in bulk for diffusing in the home, I just dab a bit of it on my wrists and it last all day.

My other go to, is a japanese cream that costs $6 that I order directly from Japan. It is so light and fresh. Everyone that smells it always ask me what I am wearing, so I have learned to order in bulk as it makes a great gift.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wore "Il Bacio" by Bhorghese...it was my signature scent at the time, DH loved it, and it means "the kiss," in Italian. I can no longer find it in stores, of course.
20.gif
My alternative would have been "Beautiful" by Estee lauder, I remember looking at the ads in magazines from the time I was 12 or so and wanting to wear that on my wedding day!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results