shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding-Day Mysteries

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
There were a lot of things that were just ''taken care of'' on our wedding day - and I have no idea where, when, or by whom!

Here are my mysteries... things I never asked anyone to do, and/or didn''t plan for, but they still got done!

1. My and MOH''s bouquets were put on the cake table with votive candles and the flower girls'' petals from our ceremony. It looked so pretty! I''d never made a plan for this, someone just thought of it and did it.

2. Our guestbook table display was put together perfectly. I showed my mock-up to a few family members but never remembered to actually ask a specific person to do it. Someone remembered all on their own!

3. If either of us casually mentioned a song or band/artist, quite often that would be the next one the DJ played. People must''ve been sneaking away to make requests.

4. We went wine tasting the day before, and one of our friends saved a couple of the winery''s glasses and left them in our wedding night cottage with our wine ceremony wine. I still don''t know who!

5. Someone had extra space heaters put in our cottage (it was an unseasonably cold night in Malibu!).

All that stuff just struck me that day, or later, and made me feel so taken care of. It made me feel like our family/friends that were there with us before the wedding were really taking note of what they could help with, and taking the initiative to do it on their own. I love that.

I''d love to hear about your wedding day mysteries!

cammy85

Shiny_Rock
My wedding is two months away, so I don''t have any mysteries yet, but I wanted to say how wonderful it was to hear about what your friends and family did for you on your wedding day. More often than not, you hear about the things that went wrong, and it''s so refreshing to hear about pleasant surprises that you had on your wedding day.

Sorry I don''t have aynthing constructive to say, but I just wanted to say I am so happy to hear your friends and family took care of you as well as they did. You must be super special to them!
1.gif

Clio

Brilliant_Rock
Our biggest wedding day mystery: According to our guest book, I. P. Freely attended our wedding. Needless to say, Mr. Freely was not invited.

We had a pretty good idea as to which pre-teen boy cousin was responsible, but we never actually confirmed that he was the culprit. We laughed a lot over it, though.

teapot

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/13/2009 3:19:22 PM
Author: Clio
Our biggest wedding day mystery: According to our guest book, I. P. Freely attended our wedding. Needless to say, Mr. Freely was not invited.

We had a pretty good idea as to which pre-teen boy cousin was responsible, but we never actually confirmed that he was the culprit. We laughed a lot over it, though.

lol.

I have no good mysteries to share so I will refrain from turning this thread negative. I have to say that it was very sweet of your friends and family to take care of you guys.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Well I''m not married yet, but how sweet your friends and family are! I''m sure those little things made all the difference.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock

How silly!!
3.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Our still unsolved wedding day mystery is what the HECK happened to our marriage license??? We had to go through a completely PITA process to get a new one!!!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2009 5:35:26 PM
Author: neatfreak
Our still unsolved wedding day mystery is what the HECK happened to our marriage license??? We had to go through a completely PITA process to get a new one!!!
Oh no, NF, that sounds terrible! Did you post this story somewhere before? I don''t think I''ve read about this.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2009 10:14:08 AM
Author: musey
Date: 1/13/2009 5:35:26 PM

Author: neatfreak

Oh no, NF, that sounds terrible! Did you post this story somewhere before? I don''t think I''ve read about this.

Might have mentioned it somewhere, but in the scheme of things to have this be the only thing wrong, we felt very lucky! It just is one of those things that still is unsolved...

But let me tell you, it is a PITA to get a copy of your marriage certificate in CA AFTER the wedding has taken place, but BEFORE the paperwork has been filed. Complicated by the fact that our officiant lives in China!

All is well now though!

Clio

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/13/2009 5:33:10 PM
Author: musey

How silly!!
3.gif

It was silly!
1.gif

I think I like your wedding day mysteries better!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results