shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding day manicure

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
What is/was/will be your wedding day manicure? Soft pale pink? Classic French? Bare? Something else?

If you have photos to share, even better!

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
I'm wearing OPI Don't Touch My Tutu and Pirouette My Whistle, both from the NYC ballet collection. It's a sheer white with a subtle glitter overlay. I love, love, love ballet and OPI, and it matches my dress so well. I'm in love. I have a picture, but it's super blurry. Here's a much better one from scrangie.com: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Z8ouIcHPONA/T2v807Mp2pI/AAAAAAAAVoI/XQWh172Obok/s1600/donttouchpirouette2.jpg

On my toes, I'm wearing I Don't Give a Rotterdam, a slate blue that matches my bridesmaids' dresses almost perfectly. I don't have a picture of this one, so I refer you to Scrangie again. I defer to Scrangie in all things nail polish. http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-0rBxugzDgyU/Tyca1NWKwDI/AAAAAAAATw8/kNYv-RL0828/s1600/idontgivearotterdam.jpg

don_t_touch_my_tutu_and_pirouette_my_whistle_1.jpg

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
I wore Shellac in strawberry smoothie on my fingernails.

I frankly can't remember what I wore on my toes! It was a purpley-pinky OPI shade, similar to this, but not exactly. (I was wearing purple satin peep-toe shoes and my wedding colors were puple, green, and black and white damask.)

I did a polish change on my toes before we left for the honeymoon, though, to OPI's Belize it or Not! since, well, we honeymooned in Belize! :bigsmile:

blacksand, your polish is lovely and you're right...it goes FABULOUSLY with your dress!

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely choices, ladies!

blacksand- That looks like it will be PERFECT with your dress! Can't wait to see how it turns out.

vc10um- Oo, that Shellac color is nice! I'm trying to find something soft but noticeable for myself and I'm having a hard time figuring out what I want. Also love the Belize it or Not, great choice namewise and great color! I know Essie makes a color called Fiji, and we're honeymooning in Fiji so maybe I should look into that? :naughty:

LittleRiver

Shiny_Rock
I wore Shellac in Romantique. It is the perfect pale pink! I requested two coats on my fingers but three coats on my toes for a more opaque look.

jitterymo

Shiny_Rock
I'm thinking of something like this...

prettysparkleweddingnails.jpg

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
ILoveSpinel|1356633285|3340860 said:
I'm thinking of something like this...

I love this! I've had this photo pinned on Pinterest for quite some time. My only hesitation is that I don't know how it'll look with my dress and the "big picture."

Right now I'm leaning towards a classic French manicure, just because I feel like I've failed at finding anything else. And with exactly a month to go until my wedding, I feel like I should be concentrating my time/energy on things other than my nails. Lol

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Ill be having a french manicure! i find they suit me and i cant be bothered trying to find a perfect shade otherwise...i do like the look of one colour in a soft pink on others though...

Im not sure on toes though, now i think of it, a french seems kinds silly on toes, but i will have open toe shoes...maybe a soft pink then i guess? hmm not sure

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm going to do a regular french manicure. I would love to do something like ILoveSpinel posted but my fiance's absolute favorite is the french manicure (I've only had it twice and both times he admired my nails all week, whereas he never pays any attention to them otherwise), so I am going to do that. With gel nail polish, so hopefully it will last through the honeymoon. And I like french manicures as much as I like any other kind of nail painting, I just can't do them on my own and find manicures uncomfortable (pedicures I love, but manicures make me all tense and weird).

I'm doing a french manicure on my toes too. I think it looks STUPID but, again, the fiance LOVES it. I've only had it done once on my toes and I really didn't care for it, but he complimented my toes all week too!

I guess the moral of this story is that I like compliments more than I like any particular nail polish, lol.

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Got my mani yesterday and went with the French! Like distracts, my FI is absolutely loving it! He rarely comments when I just get a regular manicure with a solid color, but he keeps admiring the French and commented last night that he really loves it. :appl:

frenchmani.jpg

audball

Ideal_Rock
That's sweet star! Did you get shellac french or acrylics? They don't look like acrylics!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Your nails look amazing SS!!! Have a happy wedding day tomorrow!!!!! :wavey:

HollyDolly

Rough_Rock
That is a beautiful French! My fear with French is that they will do it wrong/not neat enough and I always feel like my tongue has been cut out in the salon so I can't say anything!

I wore essie Popart pink, only one poor pic I'm afraid!

I love that first shellac pink, what shade is it?

imageuploadedbytapatalk1359890182.jpg

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wore a soft pink when I got married.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I shellac'd my fingers - mixed romantique and beau.

Toes were a mix of two etsy pinks. :)

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I finally found a picture of mine. Nice little frenchie with a cute pink heart on the ring finger.

wedding_nails.jpg

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
audball|1359746458|3369791 said:
That's sweet star! Did you get shellac french or acrylics? They don't look like acrylics!

I just saw this, sorry! It was shellac - acrylics scare me! I just LOVE gel manis, they are the best!

I think they did a fab job, I really loved how they looked on my wedding day. :)

audball

Ideal_Rock
star sparkle|1363362525|3405587 said:

I just saw this, sorry! It was shellac - acrylics scare me! I just LOVE gel manis, they are the best!

I think they did a fab job, I really loved how they looked on my wedding day. :)
I agree! Love gel manicures!

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
audball|1363641166|3408047 said:
star sparkle|1363362525|3405587 said:

I agree! Love gel manicures!

Same here! I always opt for the gel when I get my nails done. I think I'm going to go with the classic french, with a pink undertone hue. Everyone's nails look so fabulous!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results