Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Day Earrings

DCdiamondgirl

Shiny_Rock
Joined
May 31, 2010
Messages
102
I just purchased these diamond and platinum earrings from Jewels by Erica Grace.
http://jewelsbyericagrace.smugmug.com/Jewelry/Earrings/Antique/13524913_7VUvM#985344601_9pB7z


They are beautiful, but are they too small? I will be wearing my hair back in a sleek chignon or something similar and I am wearing a veil for the ceremony. If I keep these, I can do a headpiece or something for the reception. What do you think? Should I keep them (I have three days to return), buy bigger crystal earrings, or borrow bigger diamond earrings? Thanks!

13524913_7VUvM.jpg

IMG_4409.jpg

IMG_4412.jpg

IMG_4418.jpg
 

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jun 26, 2007
Messages
3,081
DCdiamondgirl|1311006978|2971461 said:
I just purchased these diamond and platinum earrings from Jewels by Erica Grace.
http://jewelsbyericagrace.smugmug.com/Jewelry/Earrings/Antique/13524913_7VUvM#985344601_9pB7z


They are beautiful, but are they too small? I will be wearing my hair back in a sleek chignon or something similar and I am wearing a veil for the ceremony. If I keep these, I can do a headpiece or something for the reception. What do you think? Should I keep them (I have three days to return), buy bigger crystal earrings, or borrow bigger diamond earrings? Thanks!
You are so beautiful!

As someone who has admired those earrings for months, by all means, WEAR THEM!! They are absolutely gorgeous and I don't think they are too small.
 

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jan 8, 2008
Messages
2,362
I think they are perfect! you look like you're right from an ad in a bridal magazine!
 

DCdiamondgirl

Shiny_Rock
Joined
May 31, 2010
Messages
102
Aw, thanks you guys! I just took these pictures in the bathroom at work! I know, I love them but I feel like they might be too small.
 

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Aug 22, 2009
Messages
6,006
OUpeargirl|1311008152|2971473 said:
DCdiamondgirl|1311006978|2971461 said:
I just purchased these diamond and platinum earrings from Jewels by Erica Grace.
http://jewelsbyericagrace.smugmug.com/Jewelry/Earrings/Antique/13524913_7VUvM#985344601_9pB7z


They are beautiful, but are they too small? I will be wearing my hair back in a sleek chignon or something similar and I am wearing a veil for the ceremony. If I keep these, I can do a headpiece or something for the reception. What do you think? Should I keep them (I have three days to return), buy bigger crystal earrings, or borrow bigger diamond earrings? Thanks!
You are so beautiful!

As someone who has admired those earrings for months, by all means, WEAR THEM!! They are absolutely gorgeous and I don't think they are too small.
Ditto to everything! I've been DROOLING over those earrings! I'm glad they went to a PSer...ESPECIALLY for her wedding day!
 

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Dec 29, 2006
Messages
12,450
No, they're beautiful! It's funny though, when I first saw the picture of them, I thought they were really big. When I saw that you had asked whether they were too small, I was thinking, "ummmm, noooo, they're not too smaaallllll." :bigsmile: Vendor photos always throw me off.

:))
 

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 23, 2005
Messages
12,677
They are beautiful and absolutely fit for a bride! They will create beautiful sparkle yet be demure - perfection in my opinion! I like seeing flashes of sparkle on brides but nothing too big or over the top.
 

DCdiamondgirl

Shiny_Rock
Joined
May 31, 2010
Messages
102
Thanks for all the positive feedback! Unfortunately, I have decided they are too small for me so I am going to return them. If anyone has any other suggestions, please let me know! This is my dress:

bellflower_moniquelhuillier_a.jpg
 

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Aug 8, 2005
Messages
40,198
Oh you returned them. Okay.

You want "real" earrings? Not simulants? Cause Nadri at Nordstroms kicks butt on making that style of jewelry with crystals.
 

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Aug 8, 2005
Messages
40,198

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
2,260
DCdiamondgirl|1311040462|2971852 said:
Thanks for all the positive feedback! Unfortunately, I have decided they are too small for me so I am going to return them. If anyone has any other suggestions, please let me know! This is my dress:

Ok, I was going to say, they're really pretty and sweet and completely gorgeous BUT, if your looking for something with impact, these are not going to cut the mustard. If you want a really high impact look (but don't have buckets to spend), look for some good fakies if you want a diamond or coloured stones if you want to keep it real. I think Aquamarines like Gypsy suggested can be stunning, it's such a soft and easy colour to wear, would contrast with your dark hair and could be your something Blue
 

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Nov 15, 2008
Messages
3,309
DCdiamondgirl|1311040462|2971852 said:
Thanks for all the positive feedback! Unfortunately, I have decided they are too small for me so I am going to return them. If anyone has any other suggestions, please let me know! This is my dress:
Good. Much as I love those earrings, I thought they were too small, too. I would wear big earrings and no headpiece. Your dress is gorgeous. You will be a stunning bride.
 

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jun 25, 2010
Messages
11,025
mscushion|1311069195|2972045 said:
DCdiamondgirl|1311040462|2971852 said:
Thanks for all the positive feedback! Unfortunately, I have decided they are too small for me so I am going to return them. If anyone has any other suggestions, please let me know! This is my dress:
Good. Much as I love those earrings, I thought they were too small, too. I would wear big earrings and no headpiece. Your dress is gorgeous. You will be a stunning bride.
Ditto. I loved them but thought they were too small as well.
 

DCdiamondgirl

Shiny_Rock
Joined
May 31, 2010
Messages
102
Gypsy|1311047176|2971941 said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ANTIQUE-ART-DECO-PLATINUM-4-20ctw-DIAMONDS-EARRINGS-/230646371462?pt=Vintage_Fine_Jewelry&hash=item35b3985486 Don't know your budget but these made me think of you.

Do you like Aquamarines? They are blue... http://cgi.ebay.com/ANTIQUE-STYLE-55ct-DIAMOND-4-ct-AQUAMARINE-EARRINGS-/150420886738?pt=Vintage_Fine_Jewelry&hash=item2305c894d2

http://cgi.ebay.com/ANTIQUE-STYLE-1ct-DIAMOND-1-70ct-SAPPHIRE-DROP-EARRINGS-/150573280680?pt=Vintage_Fine_Jewelry&hash=item230eddeda8 I think these are gorgeous.

Look at langsantiques.com and topazery.com
Wow, those art deco earrings are to die for! I'm trying to keep it under $2,000 though. I think I will probably go with crystal or something, though I like those aquamarine ones!
 

DCdiamondgirl

Shiny_Rock
Joined
May 31, 2010
Messages
102
athenaworth|1311204568|2973399 said:
You bought the same earrings? Aw, poor Grace, they keep coming back.

I really like the first and last ones you posted. Thanks!
 

DCdiamondgirl

Shiny_Rock
Joined
May 31, 2010
Messages
102
Gypsy|1311235776|2973630 said:
DCdiamondgirl|1311211188|2973468 said:

I like them, but think the price is too high considering the blemishes on those pearls.
I agree, but there's just something about them I like. I think I will probably end up buying something (either real or fake) locally so I can make sure I like them on. I want something a little less ornate and more "modern," so I really like these

http://www.firenzejewels.com/diamond-18k-white-gold-dangle-earrings_5192.html?cid=29&src=c

Although the price is kind of high.

Thanks for all the help!
 

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Aug 8, 2005
Messages
40,198
DCdiamondgirl|1311254107|2973686 said:
Gypsy|1311235776|2973630 said:
DCdiamondgirl|1311211188|2973468 said:

I like them, but think the price is too high considering the blemishes on those pearls.
I agree, but there's just something about them I like. I think I will probably end up buying something (either real or fake) locally so I can make sure I like them on. I want something a little less ornate and more "modern," so I really like these

http://www.firenzejewels.com/diamond-18k-white-gold-dangle-earrings_5192.html?cid=29&src=c

Although the price is kind of high.

Thanks for all the help!
YAY. Those are my favorites! Call them up and tell them you are a pricescoper and ask them if what their best price is.

I think you'll get a lovely amount of wear out of them.
 

DCdiamondgirl

Shiny_Rock
Joined
May 31, 2010
Messages
102
Gypsy|1311295468|2974186 said:
http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/search/EndecaSearch.jsp?bmForm=endeca_search_form_one&bmFormID=j5cj8no&bmUID=j5cj8np&bmIsForm=true&bmPrevTemplate=%2Fmain%2FProductArray.jsp&bmText=SearchString&SearchString=adriana+orsini+earrings&bmSingle=N_Dim&N_Dim=0&bmImage=EndecaSearchButton.x&bmImage=EndecaSearchButton.y&bmImage=EndecaSearchButton&EndecaSearchButton.x=0&EndecaSearchButton.y=0&bmHidden=Ntt&Ntt=adriana+orsini+earrings&bmHidden=Ns&Ns=&bmHidden=N&N=0&bmHidden=Ntk&Ntk=Entire+Site&bmHidden=Ntx&Ntx=mode%2Bmatchpartialmax&bmHidden=prp8&prp8=t15&bmHidden=prp13&prp13=&bmHidden=sid&sid=1314F48045D5&bmHidden=FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374306565067 :love:
Wow!! I love those!! Ok, I'm headed to Saks on Saturday!! I think these are my favorite:

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main...er_id=2534374306424222&bmUID=j5cjEWd&RVL=true

Thanks for finding these, Gypsy!
 

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Aug 8, 2005
Messages
40,198
DCdiamondgirl|1311295694|2974189 said:
Gypsy|1311295468|2974186 said:
http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/search/EndecaSearch.jsp?bmForm=endeca_search_form_one&bmFormID=j5cj8no&bmUID=j5cj8np&bmIsForm=true&bmPrevTemplate=%2Fmain%2FProductArray.jsp&bmText=SearchString&SearchString=adriana+orsini+earrings&bmSingle=N_Dim&N_Dim=0&bmImage=EndecaSearchButton.x&bmImage=EndecaSearchButton.y&bmImage=EndecaSearchButton&EndecaSearchButton.x=0&EndecaSearchButton.y=0&bmHidden=Ntt&Ntt=adriana+orsini+earrings&bmHidden=Ns&Ns=&bmHidden=N&N=0&bmHidden=Ntk&Ntk=Entire+Site&bmHidden=Ntx&Ntx=mode%2Bmatchpartialmax&bmHidden=prp8&prp8=t15&bmHidden=prp13&prp13=&bmHidden=sid&sid=1314F48045D5&bmHidden=FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374306565067 :love:
Wow!! I love those!! Ok, I'm headed to Saks on Saturday!! I think these are my favorite:

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main...er_id=2534374306424222&bmUID=j5cjEWd&RVL=true

Thanks for finding these, Gypsy!
The entire line is gorgeous but I love those! Can't wait to see what you decide.
 
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Diamond Station Tennis Bracelet
    Diamond Station Tennis Bracelet
    What is PriceScope?
    What is PriceScope?
    What is Diamond Color?
    What is Diamond Color?

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor



Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.
Top