shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding cars

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bluep

Rough_Rock
This might be a bit different as I am in the UK and I guess most of you are US but we''re having problems deciding on a wedding car and I need some advice.

Basically the situation is that we live 5 mins from the church and I would like to walk ideally but everyone says the weather might be bad (sigh!!), my second choice would be just to jump in one of our cars (which are spacious people carrier kind of cars) as all the guests are going to be in the church when I get there and our reception is in the 400 year old pub opposite the church so we don''t need any transport after the service either. I''m not really into pictures of myself and the groom with a car either. Simple - no need to pay a fortune for a car for 30 mins!

However, my dad is have a bit of a "moment" and wants to hire a car but he has come up with a stretch mercedes limousine to book and i am worried about it being quite low down. From what I can see, most brides either go in covertable cars or old cars with big huge doors - Daimlers, Rolls Royces etc... and I am worried that I will have problems in my highly corseted dress, bending down and getting in a low car.

Seeing as there are a fair few brides here - what kind of "mobility" problems did brides have with cars once in their dresses? My dress has only just arrived at the shop and I am due to have my first fitting in 2 weeks time, whereas we need to book the car asap....I''m finding it difficult to judge how easy its going to be to clamber in and out of a limo!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Limo''s are no big deal, IMO, as far as getting in and out of one in a wedding gown. They are rather low to the ground and a bride is easily assisted by either her bridal party or the groom.

When I got married a couple years ago, I put my gown on at the ceremony/reception site, and then when DH and I left we took a basic white limo 2 miles down the road to the Drake Hotel and paid $80 for it (right outside Chicago.) I never had an issue with worrying over my dress, train and all. The bride can always get it cleaned later! Hope this helps.
35.gif

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
we actually didn''t hire a car at all, we used DH''s toyota! hehe. it was fine actually. I wouldn''t worry too much about low/high - the mercedes sounds lovely!

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
Since we had two weddings I have experiences with dresses in two cars. The limo was much better than the Audi A8. Just more room for the dress and therefore easier to get in and out of. The limo wasn''t bad getting in and out of. If you have to take a car, I''d recommend a limo.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results